RC EYE One Xtreme (brushless) by RC Logger- Discussion, updates etc. - Page 101 - RC Groups
Nov 01, 2013, 07:48 AM
Just curious, is the 5.8ghz vtx and cam EYECAM ONE etc., is that fatshark compatible?
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2013, 07:57 AM
FpvQc
the actual released onecam is not compatible.... but a version compatible will be released

They are compatible with boscam Rx and there is one too available on TBS store for dominator glasses.
Nov 01, 2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
+1 BD.

I am awaiting the same answer. It better be as fast as the DIY brushless. That said, I understand it may be a different market segment the EyeOne guys are after.

Perhaps I'll debut my new review format/style with the Xtreme. Here and on hacksmods.com.

Just waiting on the OneLink availability so I can preorder.
I hope you're not comparing it to the likes of a Blackout or a Kwad. This is a $130 quad, those cost almost that much just for the frame, and you have to build it yourself. Not a fair comparison. I think the Eye 1X will destroy anything in it's price range, but I don't think it's realistic to expect it to equal the performance of quads that cost 3x as much and require you to build it.
Nov 01, 2013, 09:10 AM
Team WarpSquad

RC EYE One Xtreme (brushless) by RC Logger- Discussion, updates etc.

I pretty realistic, fair and open minded. I am talking about mQX converted frames and modded quads along that line.

Like you said, it wouldn't be fair to compare to the likes of BlackOut DIY quads where the CF frame is $150 by itself.

The Xtreme has all the elements to be a great quad in it's class. Brushless power and a team that listens to the community feedback and participates in the forum. Can't wait to see what you guys can do with it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence @Soma @EArHog. But I am happy to purchase my own.
Nov 01, 2013, 11:09 AM
I would love to give an amateur's perspective on this bad boy. Some of the highlights of my line up.... the Estes Nano ( Coming tomorrow), Hubsan X4 v2, Blade NQX, V959, V222, V212, and the dji Phantom with FPV setup. Let me know how to get my hands on one as the size, specs and brand would fit nicely into my line up. Thanks.
Last edited by Buckaroo Banzai; Nov 01, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
Nov 01, 2013, 07:59 PM
Closed Account
Hi Guys.

Thank you for all the suggestions here and in my mailbox related to product testing and review. I have forwarded all your proposals to the team in charge. They will now be selecting candidates based on the limited number of samples that we can prepare before the actual production run starts.

We will ship most of the samples to our distributing partners, thus only 2 to 4 units will be released for review. As soon as the selection process has been completed we will announce the names here and on Facebook.

I have well received over 20 applications directly, additional to those that came into our rclogger.com mailbox. So please don't be disappointed if you are not part of the gang. In fact, we are preparing a complete "sample kit package" in standard configuration and with all the upgrades and features. We will also include one of our RC Logger cameras with integrated data-logger and a special mounting adapter.

Its a lot of work to get this all prepared, especially the documentation since it won't help you much if you do not know how the operate the product and test all its available features, like PPM and OneLink connection. The documentation part is eating up a lot of time but needs to be completed before we release any samples.

Target sample release is still mid November.
Nov 01, 2013, 08:11 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
I think Mr Murdock meant vids of it flying with a fire under it.

Super fast forward flight
This thing can fly so fast that you can't keep the throttle stick at maximum power for very long. Especially with the new 20C battery.
Nov 01, 2013, 08:18 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
ssaaaaaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatLi
This thing can fly so fast that you can't keep the throttle stick at maximum power for very long. Especially with the new 20C battery.
Nov 01, 2013, 08:31 PM
Wait you guys were looking for people to test and review?! Man I need to pay more attention here haha Is it too late to sign up? hehe
Nov 01, 2013, 08:58 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
tony is obviously very experienced at reviews so he gets my vote
Nov 01, 2013, 09:38 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
+1 BD.

I am awaiting the same answer. It better be as fast as the DIY brushless. That said, I understand it may be a different market segment the EyeOne guys are after.

Perhaps I'll debut my new review format/style with the Xtreme. Here and on hacksmods.com.

Just waiting on the OneLink availability so I can preorder.
OneLink pre-orders are already open here. They will start to ship in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks from now.
Nov 01, 2013, 09:54 PM
Team WarpSquad
Oh, I thought there was going to be a quad+onelink bundle. That's what I meant to say.
Nov 01, 2013, 09:58 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Oh, I thought there was going to be a quad+onelink bundle. That's what I meant to say.
Yes there will be
Nov 02, 2013, 11:30 PM
524347726f7570732052756c6 521

getting an Xtreme with a Devo Tx with Deviation??

I saw it mentioned a couple of times but I was thinking that it may be of some help if these folks would have an idea of how many of us that have pre-ordered were planning on using it with their Devo radio using Deviation software.

I have a modded Devo 7e with 2 add-in modules and extra switch mod.

I'm happy to use the stock Tx that will come with the E1X but will want to use it with my Devo 7e eventually

Shanman3us
Nov 04, 2013, 02:18 AM
1st post.

Hello all

I've been mulling over FPV options. I'd be using the xtreme for photo and video, very likely with a mobius (best weight).

Can anyone say if the receiver in this pack will be compatable?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Tx_Rx_Set.html

Ideally, I'd like to power the receiver from the xtreme battery to save on weight (receiver is around 28 grams).

Looking at the power required it's in the same ballpark as the RC Eye One Cam.
One Cam = DC 7-15 V (200 mA Max)
Boscam = DC 7-15 V (150 mA)

Would this combo be possible or would I have to carry another battery on board?

Thanks all.
ps WOW this threads some size. Spent most of yesterday chewing though it