Aug 27, 2014, 07:48 AM
SEMPER FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
This ^^^^

As long as you're not putting pressure on the blades and only the hub you'll be OK. You're basically using the hex nut to cut grooves into the circle, which will help prevent the prop from free-spinning just like it does on the stock props.
OK awesome, thanks for clearing that up. I "thought" that was the idea but you have no clue how much I break stuff out of sheer Torque so I just wanted to be completely clear I was doing it right. I'll get them installed tonight, looking forward to seeing how it flies, I also plan to cut some cooling vents in the canopy also to help out.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2014, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontan
So I started out just wanting to drill some ventilation holes on the canopy of my EOX. They kinda looked like shark gills. So I figured I might as well cut some eyeholes out too.

Might as well add teeth and a dorsal fin too.

Then inspiration hit me.

Behold, my EOX with a frickin' FPV cam attached to its head:

I think Dr. Evil would be pleased

It's all for sale by the way. The price? One Mill-i-on Dollars. :
Ok, you win. "Screw" it" (stupid nanny editor),I'm going home....
Aug 27, 2014, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUCD VPR
Care to share your FPV set-up, how you did it etc. I really like it, how does it fly with the cam on top?

Looks bada$$!
Thanks! That's a Fatshark vtx/cam combo pictured, but it's not really the FPV setup I'm going to use for the EOX - waaay too heavy. I was just playing around til I get another frame with better mounting options (maybe the PFG carbon ring).

What I will probably use is the little 7g FPV pod I'm currently using on my Blade 200QX. Has surprisingly good range and the whole thing probably weighs less than a quarter what the Fatshark cam weighs by itself. It flies fine just velcroed to top of the 200QX but it's completely unprotected in the event of a crash. It's the third combination of components from this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2152382
Aug 27, 2014, 10:15 AM
Really nice . With the Config. 3 from the Blade180qx thred, how are you planning to power up the gear from the EOX ?
Aug 27, 2014, 10:33 AM
Quads and FPV it's not a crime
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontan
So I started out just wanting to drill some ventilation holes on the canopy of my EOX. They kinda looked like shark gills. So I figured I might as well cut some eyeholes out too.

Might as well add teeth and a dorsal fin too.

Then inspiration hit me.

Behold, my EOX with a frickin' FPV cam attached to its head:

I think Dr. Evil would be pleased

It's all for sale by the way. The price? One Mill-i-on Dollars. :
love it
Aug 27, 2014, 11:42 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Simontan, you can really chew up the competition.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Aug 27, 2014, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ
Simontan, you can really chew up the competition.
http://instantrimshot.com
Aug 27, 2014, 12:43 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
PB you just assured that I learned something new today.
Last edited by LcJ; Aug 27, 2014 at 01:02 PM.
Aug 27, 2014, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
We just finished a prototype(actually 3rd)Polycarbonate frame that illuminates with the stock LED's.
The only thing we need to add(prototype 4)is 2 holes and a slot for a FPV camera mount up front.
Also the top plate will be thinner than in the pics.
Right now it is about 11g heavier than stock but with the thinner top plate and a few shaves here and there we should be able to get it down to stock weight or a gram or two heavier.
This one will only cost $35 with the top plate.
The FPV cam mount will be the same one that works with all our PFG Xtreme frames.
That is $8 extra.
We will try and get it listed Tue for pre-order and start shipping next Tue.

The frame does not illuminate as much as if it would if it had LED's in the arms but you can see it much better when it over your head than the stock setup.
With the stock frame the LED's are hard to see when it is directly over your head.
It would be sweet if RCL would release an optional set of 4 LED's that are Red and Green that have wire leads.
Then we could embed them in the arms instead of the front and sides.
Looks cool, Tony!

Just need to figure out how I can mount my RC Logger HD2, or a Mobius in the future if I switch.

If you shape the Polycarbonate right, add a couple of long screws to replace the pins on the stock frame, do you think we could attach the stock camera tray on something like this?

Alternatively, can you add some holes and sell a second piece like the top? We can anchor it bellow and use it as a camera tray.

Thanks,
Aug 27, 2014, 06:07 PM

How to Mount and Balance Xtreme

Hi,

I hope someone with more experience can advise me. I purchased an Xtreme with the carbon fiber folding frame. I am now at the point where I want to mount a mobius camera. The two issues are the balance and the protruding battery plug. Given when the battery plug is, it would seem that you must mount the battery behind the plug. However, when you do this, the quad is heavily weighted to the back when the mobius is mounted flush with the frame in the front.

I am assuming that other xtreme owners have had this issue, and would be appreciative of any suggestions that you may have. I am attaching a picture of the situation described--thanks!!
Aug 27, 2014, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssling
Hi,

I hope someone with more experience can advise me. I purchased an Xtreme with the carbon fiber folding frame. I am now at the point where I want to mount a mobius camera. The two issues are the balance and the protruding battery plug. Given when the battery plug is, it would seem that you must mount the battery behind the plug. However, when you do this, the quad is heavily weighted to the back when the mobius is mounted flush with the frame in the front.

I am assuming that other xtreme owners have had this issue, and would be appreciative of any suggestions that you may have. I am attaching a picture of the situation described--thanks!!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2225382
Aug 27, 2014, 06:39 PM
Fly First // Post Later
Quote:
So press it on HARD correct? I have a tendency to break things when I apply force so I JUST want to make sure before I He-Man break it. I pushed it on a little bit but I didn't realize i'd have to apply this much pressure, it seems like i'm basically pressing a nut through a circle hole.
Quote:
OK awesome, thanks for clearing that up. I "thought" that was the idea but you have no clue how much I break stuff out of sheer Torque so I just wanted to be completely clear I was doing it right. I'll get them installed tonight, looking forward to seeing how it flies, I also plan to cut some cooling vents in the canopy also to help out.

When installing the HQ6045s I almost always hear a dry clack sound when the prop hub reach the bottom
Aug 27, 2014, 07:00 PM
Thanks,

I now remember seeing the photo you linked to. However, your battery appears to be flush against the frame. I simply don't understand how you got that flat mount. I am enclosing a photo of the issue. Thanks for your help!
Aug 27, 2014, 07:23 PM
I put some of the supplied foam down, which takes up the gap.
Aug 27, 2014, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssling
It's an awkward way to mount the lipo and Mobius no matter how you configure it. That's why people like to mod the stock frame to the PFG frame, so they can continue using the RCL cam tray or battery tray. Also, I'd recommend using the stock legs with zip ties instead of the RCD standoffs (for obvious reasons).
Last edited by Roomie; Aug 27, 2014 at 07:35 PM.