Dec 18, 2003, 10:04 PM
Thread OP

heat activated covering adhesive

help?????? would like to know if there is an alternate heat activated adhesive (elmers or something) that I could use for iron on covering. something that the local HW store might have on the shelf.
bought some light non-adhesive covering off the net and forgot to get the balsaloc for it (i'm used to monokote) DAAAAA it was in my brain but never got to my clickin finger.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2003, 03:15 PM
EZ RIDER,

Go to an art supply store and get Acrylic Gel Medium. This stuff looks like thinned school paste (the minty kind you used to nibble off your fingers in kindergarten). AGM should be brushed on and allowed to dry. Then lay your Coverlite, Lite Span, or other material that has no built-in adhesive onto the airframe. Use a hot iron to adhere the covering to the frame. It works just like Balsa Lok.

Acrylic Gel Medium comes in an 8-ounce bottle, which is more than you'll ever need, and costs about $10US.

Jim R
Dec 22, 2003, 09:26 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Jim I will go by michaels art and supply store and see if they have it. I really like finding alternatives to hobby shops cuz there aren't any real aircraft hobby shops around here. they sell trains and rc cars mostly you know 2 d stuff.

Quick Reply