Jan 06, 2013, 09:25 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Thread OP
It won't be easy to find a suitable addon lens. I tried an iPhone wide-angle lens attachment and it didn't work well on my 808 camera. The reason is because the lens is designed for a larger camera. Imagine fitting a 77mm wide angle lens onto a 52mm lens. You may get a wide-angle effect but it would not be as pronounced as it should if it was fitted onto a 77m lens.

It looks something like this: ( . ) vs (o)

For ND filter, I think we could stick a dark colored tape over the lens.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2013, 09:31 AM
What package dear?
You say in first post

(QUOTE)
I'm rather surprised it could bind with my V939. Somehow WLtoys have not switch to a different wireless protocol.

Does this mean it could be bound to Turnigy 9x / Fs ?
Can a channel on them be used to activate camera?
Jan 06, 2013, 09:34 AM
What package dear?
Bubble post
Jan 06, 2013, 09:35 AM
What package dear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
For ND filter, I think we could stick a dark colored tape over the lens.
Cut out a piece of old sunglasses that can be removed for indoors.
Jan 06, 2013, 09:44 AM
kiwi power!
Cool review fyre, still waiting for mine and I'll try to give a comparison between the 808 #16 and the stock cam..and will send you a pic of the camera's board so you can see what's different (if there are any differences).
Last edited by jameschen072; Jan 06, 2013 at 10:04 AM.
Jan 06, 2013, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
I took screenshots of the purple noise affecting the video under harsh sunlight. Look at the bottom right corner of the screenshots.

Hmmm.
Jan 06, 2013, 11:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack
You say in first post

(QUOTE)
I'm rather surprised it could bind with my V939. Somehow WLtoys have not switch to a different wireless protocol.

Does this mean it could be bound to Turnigy 9x / Fs ?
Can a channel on them be used to activate camera?
I don't have a 9X so I wouldn't know. From what I've read, 9X can't trigger instant auto flips or toggle lights on the V949. So I highly doubt 9X can activate the camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072
Cool review fyre, still waiting for mine and I'll try to give a comparison between the 808 #16 and the stock cam..and will send you a pic of the camera's board so you can see what's different (if there are any differences).
Great! Thanks in advance!
Jan 06, 2013, 11:11 AM
Ah, no one expects the best quality with this thing. I just want to do some aerial filming with it and looks like I'll be thrilled with the results. Sound is useless. I'm going to set it to music (gotta learn how to do that easily). I've been dying to use a song from the movie Titan A.E. that I love!

This one. Don't steal it anybody! I call dibbs!
The Urge - It's My Time To Fly (3 min 43 sec)

Anybody seen this movie and feel what I feel? Don Bluth animation, awesome story, great rock music. CGI spaceships and backgrounds. Love this movie. Great for adults and older kids (starts with destruction of planet earth and son being separated from his father).
Last edited by shahram72; Jan 06, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
Jan 06, 2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
We need to find a way to mount filters and lenses. Is there a wide angle lens we can stick on there somehow, although this might exacerbate the lighting issue since light from a greater area Is entering the lens.
I wonder if the lens off of a peephole thing would work? Or even the lens off a CD player where the laser is?
Jan 06, 2013, 01:13 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
I took screenshots of the purple noise affecting the video under harsh sunlight. Look at the bottom right corner of the screenshots.

Looks like a bad cam, purple haze and no audio. What about those buildings in the background?

Even my $8 keychain was better than that.
Jan 06, 2013, 01:27 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
I opened the camera up to see if I can fix the audio problem, but there's nothing I could do.

Looks like there would be no audio recording for me.
Errr...where is the microphone?

Could it be missing from that circle on the bottom right of the board in the second photo? Should be a round, silver 'drum' shape with a black top.

And from your photos with the purple on: that camera is busted. I had a problem with some 'sports' cameras that had that problem. Bad batch went out and I had to buy 18 of them to get 3 that worked. Then returned the others.

If you want wide, wide angle then you want an 808 #16 with the 120 degree 'D' lens. Bit fisheye, but you can 'unwrap' it with a Virtual Dub filter if you don't like it, or just get the standard 90 degree lens version.
Last edited by Brandigan; Jan 06, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
Jan 06, 2013, 02:32 PM
Will radio from v959 fly v929,v939? are batteries all compatible? chargers? if so owners of those first quad could enjoy all the stuff not carrying too much accessories.
Jan 06, 2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
Ah, no one expects the best quality with this thing. I just want to do some aerial filming with it and looks like I'll be thrilled with the results. Sound is useless. I'm going to set it to music (gotta learn how to do that easily). I've been dying to use a song from the movie Titan A.E. that I love!

This one. Don't steal it anybody! I call dibbs!
http://youtu.be/xcnF1ioaBr4

Anybody seen this movie and feel what I feel? Don Bluth animation, awesome story, great rock music. CGI spaceships and backgrounds. Love this movie. Great for adults and older kids (starts with destruction of planet earth and son being separated from his father).
great for adults? may be I found smth wrong as It was a cartoon that I wouldn't watch since I was 13.
Jan 06, 2013, 04:35 PM
Older kids, I mean at least 7 or 8. By 13 they won't watch cartoons again until after college. I remember my first animated movie as an adult. It was Shrek. Started out with the subtle adult humor and the knocking Disney and singing and fairytales in general and I was hooked again. Have 2 kids now. We love 'em.
Jan 06, 2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus
Will radio from v959 fly v929,v939? are batteries all compatible? chargers? if so owners of those first quad could enjoy all the stuff not carrying too much accessories.
the radio, works with the v929, and it uses the same battery

Quick Reply