Feb 17, 2020, 04:02 PM
Owner of CFC Graphics
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerinokc
Beautiful! What airplane is that?
flyerinokc

It's actually my own design. I modified a Twister wing by tapering the thing and designed the fuselage and built it from scratch.

I did design the fuselage and formers in CAD. I eventually turned the model into a Warbird because I just love Warbirds. This one is a Mig-3 in correct German markings. The model is CL. Here's the finished model.

CB
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2020, 04:12 PM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
Love it!
Feb 19, 2020, 06:54 AM
Gorilla glue rocks
+1 Wow! Fabulous detailing and weathering.

Jon
Feb 25, 2020, 12:26 AM
DFS#000178
I finished framing up my Goldberg Mirage 550.

Not the most complex kit in the world by any means but this one's been fun. I built one when I was 12 because the guy teaching me to fly had one and I wanted to have everything he had. He flew his on an Astro 05 on 8 cells with an ESC. I flew mine on the stock can motor, an on/off switch and a 6 cell NiCD because as a broke kid that's all I could afford. I flew the plane for a couple years before it was destroyed in a move.

Not too long ago I picked up a box of parts from a great guy in Hemet that happened to have a never-flown Astro 05 in it. That got my brain working. I could build a Mirage and fly it just how I always wanted to. or even better with current battery and servo technology!

So, I found a kit on eBay and here we are. I contemplated using a brushless power system and adding ailerons but you know what? No. With modern micro servos and 2S lipo batteries it's already going to be much lighter than it would have been when cobalt motors and NiMHs were all the rage. So that's just how I'm going to fly her. I get to relive a bygone era while at the same time repurposing some excellent equipment that most today would've tossed aside as relics.
Feb 25, 2020, 01:19 AM
1/2a Ringmaster Ready for cover.
Feb 25, 2020, 06:16 AM
Very nice weathering and detailing on that "Mig-3"!

I really like what you are doing with that Mirage, keeping some of the tech from that era.
I have been thinking about building one someday, I seems to be such a nice flyer.
Feb 25, 2020, 06:31 AM

Icarus DLG

Now covered and flown.
Feb 25, 2020, 08:33 AM
Deleted duplicate
Feb 25, 2020, 08:33 AM
Wow! One R/C, C/L, and a glider talk about diversity! All look great too!
Feb 27, 2020, 05:21 AM
My new creation was inspired by Fred Reese's " El Bandito". IT's scratch-built, spans 56 inches and Power is an OS 25 FR S.
Feb 27, 2020, 04:30 PM
Oooh looks fast sitting still
Feb 27, 2020, 04:38 PM
A man with a plan
Yeah, that looks really slick.
Feb 27, 2020, 05:55 PM
Owner of CFC Graphics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGKrafft
My new creation was inspired by Fred Reese's " El Bandito". IT's scratch-built, spans 56 inches and Power is an OS 25 FR S.
Wow! I saw the late Fred Reese's name and it brought back memories. Thank you for that.

Fred was a great guy and a super modeler.

Nice looking model. Will the OS 25 be plenty of power?

Charles

www.cfcgraphics.com
Feb 27, 2020, 05:57 PM
Owner of CFC Graphics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit100
+1 Wow! Fabulous detailing and weathering.

Jon
Thanks!

It's on the bay.

Charles
Feb 28, 2020, 02:13 PM
Well, a few weeks ago it was my idea to honor the Super Bowl 54 champs, the Kansas City Chiefs. To do this, I decided to scratch build an S-1 Ringmaster. It was a fun build and here's what resulted ! Although the plane was recently sold, it is my greatest hope that the new owner enjoys many, many flights going forward.

Quick Reply