Thread Tools
Jan 03, 2013, 09:03 PM
Registered User
Discussion

Maybe we should ban cars in Los Angeles...


Heard on the news today that there are in excess of 1000 people killed by hit and run drivers, every year, in Los Angeles. Are we going to ban CARS???

But then, an 18 year old girl, driving without a license, killed a 16 year old young man and got 90 days of Community Service and 3 years probation. Might it be that we, as a culture have done a good job of sending the message that a human life isn't worth anything? We don't seem to punish those who take a life very severely.
Jan 03, 2013, 09:11 PM
Registered User
malicious intent. Do you good to look it up.
Jan 03, 2013, 09:24 PM
Registered User
Windrider53's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
malicious intent. Do you good to look it up.
Breaking the law, you might want to look that up.
Jan 03, 2013, 09:29 PM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
malicious intent. Do you good to look it up.
So an honest person, of legal age, with no malicious intent should be allowed to own such a dangerous machine eh?
Excellent example of maturation of your views.
Jan 03, 2013, 09:32 PM
Kekistani Pride
RCWorks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
malicious intent. Do you good to look it up.
The single most malicious thing I ever did with a gun was cut down the PCV pipe that held a ribbon for indicating wind on the range I practice at, It was a bet I could not cut the pipe in two, I did take 3 shot, the 1st just made a hole in the center and splintered it a bit, the next two were to complete the cut... I would have thought 1 hit would have done the job, but it was a bet that I could not cut the pipe and the payoff was lunch courtesy of the range master.

Denver, I see more malicious intent from drivers on the roadway. Try again.
Jan 04, 2013, 04:57 AM
Registered User
Farm equipment is far more dangerous. Heck ,lets start with the highest risk vehicles.

Heck , You want to eliminate danger we should start with a butcher .
Jan 04, 2013, 05:04 AM
Intermediate Multi
Trisquire's Avatar
Better buy your tractors now before the government tightens up the farm equipment laws.
Jan 04, 2013, 05:35 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
Better buy your tractors now before the government tightens up the farm equipment laws.
tighten up? There are laws of farm eq.?

I was twelve when I ran a baler
Jan 04, 2013, 06:22 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Punkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira
So an honest person, of legal age, with no malicious intent should be allowed to own such a dangerous machine eh?
Excellent example of maturation of your views.
So long as they pass a test showing they are safe to use it and the machine is registered.
Are you OK with that?
Or?
Do you think anyone should be able to use an unregistered dangerous machine where they like and there be no check that they are competent with its use
Jan 04, 2013, 08:04 AM
Registered User
lordsirob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira
So an honest person, of legal age, with no malicious intent should be allowed to own such a dangerous machine eh?
Excellent example of maturation of your views.
I am sure that went right over his head -- WHOOSH!
Jan 04, 2013, 12:10 PM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
So long as they pass a test showing they are safe to use it and the machine is registered.
Are you OK with that?
Or?
Do you think anyone should be able to use an unregistered dangerous machine where they like and there be no check that they are competent with its use
You do NOT need to pass any test to OWN a car. You are also free to modify it as you see fit and operate it unlicensed on your own property.

Are you ok with that?
Jan 04, 2013, 03:03 PM
If the winds blowin, I'm goin!
CashRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira
You do NOT need to pass any test to OWN a car. You are also free to modify it as you see fit and operate it unlicensed on your own property.

Are you ok with that?
Yep..what's known as a field car....


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Flying fields in Los Angeles/Orange county CA Alacran72 Electric Plane Talk 21 Jan 14, 2015 09:22 PM
Question Any shops for Free Flight supplies in Los angeles Area ? bOjO Free Flight 2 Jun 26, 2012 09:05 PM
Question Carbon Fiber CNC Routing Service in Los Angeles or the West? defxxx CAD/CAM 2 Jun 06, 2012 11:38 AM
Sold Mystress MIB DLG LPU in the Los Angeles area Zé Povinho Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 3 Apr 10, 2012 10:48 PM
Discussion Should we be letting certain parts fly off in a crash? or do we lock'em down? mescalinedream Micro Helis 7 Feb 24, 2012 07:20 PM