Nov 21, 2001, 12:04 AM
Certified Slopehead

Can YOU help me?

I'm looking for...
-A FAST slope plane (way faster than a Zagi)
-Preferably EPP
-Kit under or around $100.00
-Something like a JW?? (Seems a bit heavy if I'm into DS)

does one exist, or should I just go with a JW??
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2001, 09:00 AM
stuck in ol' Uffni again...
You're in San Diego. Check out the Moth and Bluto by Harris Nelson: http://www.northcountyflyingmachines.com

Dieter
Nov 21, 2001, 11:51 AM
I was at Parker the other week, and the JW's were definitely the fastest foamies flying. If you've got the lift, or you're going to try DS'ing, I thing the JW would be a great choice - and weight really isn't and issue for DS'ers. The Bandit from Composite Specialties is another good fast sloper - very fast, and flies more like a conventional plane than a wing.

...big swell this weekend...

Pete
Nov 21, 2001, 11:53 AM
Slope Stud
Hi Scott,

I don't thik the blutto is in production yet.
I don't mean to discourage you but I bought 2 yes 2 moth kits and could not get either of them to fly properly, Harris (the creator of the Moth) could not get they to fly either. I know of several people that have bought these kits and love them but I have personaly have terrible luck with them..

You never told me how those wing core worked??

ORANATOR
Nov 21, 2001, 12:09 PM
Certified Slopehead
fok- Nice link...hehehe I'm way ahead of you, check out this picture in front of my house this morning...Triple overhead with excellent form!! Anyway, back to planes , Oran, the cores turned out great!!
Nov 21, 2001, 12:14 PM
Certified Slopehead
The Bandit DEFINITLEY fits the bill perfectly, thanks!! I'm ordering one today...
Nov 21, 2001, 01:54 PM
stuck in ol' Uffni again...
The Bandit is a modified Moth.

Dieter
Nov 21, 2001, 02:49 PM
Certified Slopehead
I called the Bandit people just now, and they said they won't have any Bandits until next year....So maybe a Moth.
Nov 21, 2001, 05:26 PM
Nice wave. If we're going to have a big winter, I need to sell some planes and buy a new gun. Lost mine (literaly) last year .
Last edited by PeteSchiess; Nov 21, 2001 at 05:32 PM.