New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:02 PM
Phoenex is offline
Find More Posts by Phoenex
Registered User
Phoenex's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Blossee,manufacturing process can very greatly between the different types of foam and the finished products weight,density,rigidity,and flexibility etc. This is way off topic but z-foam and epo are different types of foam .
I own Multiplex (Elapor foam), Parkzone (Z-Foam), GWS (EPO version foam) and Electrifly (AreoCell Foam) all of these foams are all a type of EPO foam. They may have a custom mix for each manufacturer but are much the same.

I have been flying the 26 oz Parkzone Typhoon3D park flyer for many years. The VisionAire at 43.7 oz is NOT a Park flyer according to the AMA. The VisionAire should be grouped in with the 10-15 size electric planes and not flown in parks.

I would like to know if Parkzone is going to offer a Plug-N-Play version? The Rx, battery and charger total $196.97 so Plug-N-Play for $103.02 sounds right, right?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:06 PM
jtaylor996 is offline
Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Registered Crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Blossee,manufacturing process can very greatly between the different types of foam and the finished products weight,density,rigidity,and flexibility etc. This is way off topic but z-foam and epo are different types of foam .
Except park zone planes are made in the same factories that make all the other EPO planes (dynam and FMS for certain make some of them). Do you really think the mfgr is going to use entirely new equipment just for one OEM?

Of course not. EPO is EPO is EPO. Call it what you want (elapor, z-foam, yadda, yadda), but I haven't seen any EPO that wasn't high quality stuff from any manufacturer. The only thing they change is the molds.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:14 PM
Red Flyer is offline
Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Red Flyer's Avatar
Sub'd
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:15 PM
Dave Eichstedt is offline
Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Warbird & Jet Lover
We have no plans for a lower completion level of the Visionaire. If we did, the lowest it could be is BNF Basic since AS3X is central to the experience.

I doubt you'll have any trouble flying the Visionaire in the local park environment. It's not a high speed airplane so it won't really have the energy to cause concern.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:15 PM
hone1er is offline
Find More Posts by hone1er
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
C'mon HH slap that new RX in a Beast about the same size as this or in between this and the Edge QQ and peoples faces would explode!
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:35 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
C'mon HH slap that new RX in a Beast about the same size as this or in between this and the Edge QQ and peoples faces would explode!
Ditto!! I'd love one the same size as the QQ Edge and/or a park flyer size!!
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:37 PM
verticalspark is offline
Find More Posts by verticalspark
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
verticalspark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
C'mon HH slap that new RX in a Beast about the same size as this or in between this and the Edge QQ and peoples faces would explode!
This!!! I will be back in 10 months looking for some new planes and I always have at least 1 horizon park size. Now its a P-51 with a power 25 on a 3s. I think that if I went 4 the plane would explode
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:02 PM
Ryan Smith is offline
Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
Except park zone planes are made in the same factories that make all the other EPO planes (dynam and FMS for certain make some of them). Do you really think the mfgr is going to use entirely new equipment just for one OEM?

Of course not. EPO is EPO is EPO. Call it what you want (elapor, z-foam, yadda, yadda), but I haven't seen any EPO that wasn't high quality stuff from any manufacturer. The only thing they change is the molds.
False.

PKZ airplanes are made in a factory that only does work for Horizon.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:04 PM
jtaylor996 is offline
Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Registered Crasher
But, but, but, butt. The internets say otherwise!
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:11 PM
jtaylor996 is offline
Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Registered Crasher
Still, though, why is there such an enormous difference in quality on some models? P47 being perfect, F4U-1A being, well, lets just say I regret that purchase. Aside from the retract issue, the paint doesn't stick to the foam, and the mold on the hinges is way off. Wouldn't the molding and paint be at least be consistent?
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:16 PM
Get Real is offline
Find More Posts by Get Real
Flippin Multirotors
Get Real's Avatar
Thanks,i stand corrected on the EPO discussion. I'll rephrase.. manufacturing processes can give the same TYPE of foam different qualities for the final product.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:07 AM
dalecheek1 is online now
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Registered User
ParkZone VisionAire AS3X (5 min 32 sec)
YIPPY YIPPY KI A
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:04 AM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
Bit late to the party...
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:33 AM
dalecheek1 is online now
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Registered User
[QUOTE=Bowerz;23727070]Bit late to the party...[ U R sooo right ,,found vid .posted THEN went back to finish reading thread,,,,NEXT page saw same vid,,,,TO LATE.........LOL
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:43 AM
Phoenex is offline
Find More Posts by Phoenex
Registered User
Phoenex's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
We have no plans for a lower completion level of the Visionaire. If we did, the lowest it could be is BNF Basic since AS3X is central to the experience.

I doubt you'll have any trouble flying the Visionaire in the local park environment. It's not a high speed airplane so it won't really have the energy to cause concern.
I am quite surprised. You look to be making two big mistakes. Good Luck!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone's New Habu 2 EDF ChuckTseeker Foamy EDFs 5037 Oct 31, 2016 09:05 PM
For Sale New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 12, 2012 01:26 AM
Sold New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 23, 2012 10:10 AM