Feb 09, 2013, 08:57 AM
I did re-bind my plane, and replaced the white silicon holding the ar 635 in the fuse with nice velcro. I think it was just not properly bound, the plane is jittering a lot less now & I think it should be much better now. Even full trottle the ailerons moved just slightly correcting the air from the prop. This was just a home, ground test, but looks much better now. Will let u know after i remaiden

Thanks all and sorry to waste time with a nob error, i was willing to fly this plane before it arrived and probably did not focus at all while binding!
T
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlostomasso
I did re-bind my plane, and replaced the white silicon holding the ar 635 in the fuse with nice velcro. I think it was just not properly bound, the plane is jittering a lot less now & I think it should be much better now. Even full trottle the ailerons moved just slightly correcting the air from the prop. This was just a home, ground test, but looks much better now. Will let u know after i remaiden

Thanks all and sorry to waste time with a nob error, i was willing to fly this plane before it arrived and probably did not focus at all while binding!
T
Glad you appeared to have sorted it Tomas. Will after have a dual Visionaire flying session soon
Feb 09, 2013, 10:32 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?

Maidened mine today, in 20 deg F and 10-12 mph winds
After 3 batteries, my thumbs was too frozen to fly 3D so I did a last battery in sport mode cruising around.

What a plane! It makes me look so much better than I really am, and it is such a confidence booster that I was doing hovers with tail touches and rolling harriers within the first 3 minutes flying it!!
Feb 09, 2013, 12:03 PM
If you put it in sport mode for the last battery, have you compared general flight mode with sport mode to see how much differently it reacts? Standard gain is quite a bit higher in sport mode, but haven't decided how much trouble it will be to reprogram to sport mode at the field and wondering how much difference it makes.
Feb 09, 2013, 12:05 PM
J. Titors gr8 grandson...
I agree, if everyone else's flies as well as mine... words gonna get out and they are gonna sell a million of these things.
Feb 09, 2013, 12:13 PM
Bobly, try QuiQues instructions posted earlier. Start in sport 100 percent, fly around, get feel for it. Switch to 3d when trims sorted and altitude. She's stable and you will have fun if you don't overthink it. Parts are avail and inexpensive. You just saw a crazy guy maiden in a parking lot in a blizzard. No excuses... get out and fly !
Feb 09, 2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiWE
Well, in HorizonHobby terms that is a BnF (Basic) and they do those as well...
Yes, a BNF Basic version is what I'm hoping for.

I want the new receiver, but don't need the battery/charger.

Chuck
Feb 09, 2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun
Bobly, try QuiQues instructions posted earlier. Start in sport 100 percent, fly around, get feel for it. Switch to 3d when trims sorted and altitude. She's stable and you will have fun if you don't overthink it. Parts are avail and inexpensive. You just saw a crazy guy maiden in a parking lot in a blizzard. No excuses... get out and fly !
QQ was talking about flying in General Flight (pos 0) at first, not Sport mode.
Feb 09, 2013, 12:36 PM
I stand corrected. The point was to follow the already posted instructions and give it a try. I Left the ground and have been on 3d mode and full rates since 20 seconds into 1st flight. Haven't really had to think about switches since. Only changes to stock setup so far is to ad 5 percent expo to rudder, move clevis to lower hole on elevator, and a prop change. Total cost $3.00. If you follow the setup instructions for your tx it flies really well out of the box. At least mine did.
Last edited by Sonofagun; Feb 09, 2013 at 01:02 PM.
Feb 09, 2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly
If you put it in sport mode for the last battery, have you compared general flight mode with sport mode to see how much differently it reacts? Standard gain is quite a bit higher in sport mode, but haven't decided how much trouble it will be to reprogram to sport mode at the field and wondering how much difference it makes.
Have flown to little to give a good comparison between sport mode and general flight mode...

But the procedure to switch between 3D and Sport mode is no biggie - for my mode 2 DX8, I just set the throttle (left) stick at center and hold the right (aileron/elevator) stick in the lower left corner while powering the receiver to go form 3D to Sport, upper right corner to go from Sport to 3D...
Last edited by KaiWE; Feb 09, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
Feb 09, 2013, 12:48 PM
lownslow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiWE
Have flown to little to give a good comparison between sport mode and general flight mode...

But the procedure to switch between 3D and Sport mode is no biggie - for my mode 2 DX8, I just set the throttle (left) stick at center and hold the right (aileron/elevator) stick in the lower left corner while powering the receiver to go form 3D to Sport, upper right corner to go from Sport to 3D...
Which raises a not so dumb question, if you have changed the gains from the factory settings will going back and forth from sport mode to 3D mode reset the gyros back to the factory settings??????
Feb 09, 2013, 01:09 PM
Was wondering the same - have not changed any gain settings yet, so I had nothing to loose trying out the Sport mode...

Since there is a separate procedure for resetting the gain values to factory default, I would guess that the values are kept while changing modes, but that remains to be confirmed - HH guys?
Feb 09, 2013, 02:14 PM

Addtional Batteries

I plan to buy two more batteries for the VA. I will convert the connectors to Anderson Powerpoles, so whether or not the battery comes with connectors is unimportant. if I get a higher C rated battery, can I use a smaller size, perhaps 2000 mah or 1800 mah, knowing that I'll be sacrificing some duration, but still getting full performance? What have you had success with/recommend?
Feb 09, 2013, 03:00 PM
wjs
wjs
William
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist_603
I plan to buy two more batteries for the VA. I will convert the connectors to Anderson Powerpoles, so whether or not the battery comes with connectors is unimportant. if I get a higher C rated battery, can I use a smaller size, perhaps 2000 mah or 1800 mah, knowing that I'll be sacrificing some duration, but still getting full performance? What have you had success with/recommend?
Good move. I convert all my stuff to APP also just to have a std connector base. I am slightly doubtful on the posted C rating on most batts these days, your milage may vary.
Feb 09, 2013, 03:53 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs
Good move. I convert all my stuff to APP also just to have a std connector base. I am slightly doubtful on the posted C rating on most batts these days, your milage may vary.
I also use APP on all my stuff. Nice and easy.

Quick Reply