Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:16 PM
dalecheek1 is online now
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Registered User
had a GREAT day of flying in back yard....8 friends with there VISIONAIRE S showed up.......one friend has a BOJANGLS franchise ,,so he brought chicken WINGS,,, the other friend has a HOOOTERS resturaunt ,guess WHO he brought to serve us chicken wings. I was going to post pics. of this event ,,,wings HOOTER GIRLS and visions of ----i mean visionaire.....BUT this thred would get way off topic of our lovely ---err planes,,,,did i mention we used up all of my EXTRA batteries......................
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:23 PM
ram008 is offline
Find More Posts by ram008
Registered User
Yes, setting the gain to 0 turns AS3X "off".

-100% and +100% are opposite directions. It's like adjusting a mix in your transmitter.

Example:
You move the rudder stick and the rudder moves in the correct direction.
You have +70 gain on the rudder. When you pick the airplane up and turn it, the rudder moves in the wrong direction.
You'd change the gain to -70 to make the rudder move in the correct direction.

Same with a rudder mix, if +20% moves the rudder to the right, -20% would move it to the left.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:58 PM
GoAround is offline
Find More Posts by GoAround
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
GoAround's Avatar
Ah, good point, that must be it.

Edit: Has anybody tried the aircraft with bigger capacity 3S cells like 2600 or even 3300? They would give a longer duration but I am unclear how badly, if at all, the CG would be affected.
Last edited by GoAround; Jan 31, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:58 PM
JimmyJet727 is offline
Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
Road Scholar
JimmyJet727's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
Actually, -100% to +100% but I don't understand what can be negative about it - does that setting make it harder to fly than with no AS3X?
This sentence made me laugh aloud. Yes, -100% makes the airplane do periodic uncommanded blenders, and also rolls the plane inverted just before each landing.

JJ
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:33 PM
tracknoob is offline
Find More Posts by tracknoob
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Buster View Post
The last time I ordered a plane from HK, they charged me $53.00 freight just for an ARF.

Where the problem comes in with HK is when there is a shipping error or damage.. Have you ever seen the HK complaint list with buyers trying to get them to make something right?

What about replacement parts??
Just one of my personal horror stories here (link). If it's too long to read it all, just look at the time from 'problem received' until 'resolution in place' -- ten months.

"T-45 Goshawk.... wings and flight surfaces: All torn and crushed."
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1590889
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:58 PM
indyrcpilot is offline
Find More Posts by indyrcpilot
Registered User
Any word on when a base BNF version (without battery/charger) will be available, and for how much?

Thanks!
Chuck in Indy
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:10 AM
Var. is offline
Find More Posts by Var.
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Huh.


I beg your pardon as I was not payin; real close attention. What was the principal that was at stake here?

Did HH do something to your cornflakes?




PS: I did go back and read your replies just now, in order to refresh myself with whatever beef it is you have. So.... your bone to pick seems to be that they build too good component level parts, and too good an airframe, then integrate it all too well, and make it work and play together as well in comparison as Apple does their electronic products... and so you are somehow afraid this wealth of competence and value will somehow lead to a 'closed architecture' in some yet to be released product. Did I restate that all just about right? That is why you refuse on principal to buy the plane that is available today, that you are telling us that you actually wish to purchase?
Sounds like you need to read them again.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:55 AM
bobly is offline
Find More Posts by bobly
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrcpilot View Post
Any word on when a base BNF version (without battery/charger) will be available, and for how much?

Thanks!
Chuck in Indy
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:05 AM
windrnone is offline
Find More Posts by windrnone
lownslow
windrnone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Huh.


I beg your pardon as I was not payin; real close attention. What was the principal that was at stake here?

Did HH do something to your cornflakes?




PS: I did go back and read your replies just now, in order to refresh myself with whatever beef it is you have. So.... your bone to pick seems to be that they build too good component level parts, and too good an airframe, then integrate it all too well, and make it work and play together as well in comparison as Apple does their electronic products... and so you are somehow afraid this wealth of competence and value will somehow lead to a 'closed architecture' in some yet to be released product. Did I restate that all just about right? That is why you refuse on principal to buy the plane that is available today, that you are telling us that you actually wish to purchase?
OMG a company in the USA with a wealth of competence and value distributing product that practically flies out of the box and employs AMERICANS??? Who wants that?? I am stripping my electronic components out as I type this, sending em to Goodwill, gonna order a bunch of "Orange" from the other side of the planet, wait about 12 weeks, pay about 90 dollars in shipping force fit them in and start praying it dont crash !!!!!!

YIPPEE do I have it all about right ????
Last edited by windrnone; Feb 01, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:10 AM
windrnone is offline
Find More Posts by windrnone
lownslow
windrnone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.
Yep, they have to track and maintain another PN with very little if anything to gain......aint gonna happen
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:31 AM
KaiWE is offline
Find More Posts by KaiWE
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
KaiWE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
Yep, they have to track and maintain another PN with very little if anything to gain......aint gonna happen
Well, they are doing it for a lot of other planes - most ParkZone planes comes in BnF and PNP, why should the Visionaire be an exeption?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:34 AM
tracknoob is offline
Find More Posts by tracknoob
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
Sounds like you need to read them again.
How about if we just agree to disagree?



Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:39 AM
windrnone is offline
Find More Posts by windrnone
lownslow
windrnone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiWE View Post
Well, they are doing it for a lot of other planes - most ParkZone planes comes in BnF and PNP, why should the Visionaire be an exeption?
He said BNF (w/o battery and charger) you are saying PNP (w/o Rx, batt and charger)..................
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:42 AM
KaiWE is offline
Find More Posts by KaiWE
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
KaiWE's Avatar
Well, in HorizonHobby terms that is a BnF (Basic) and they do those as well...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:53 AM
GoAround is offline
Find More Posts by GoAround
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
GoAround's Avatar
I see no chance of a PNP as the AR635 is (presumably) an integral part of the package. I needed another battery and don't mind getting another backup field charger but I can imagine many folks would be happy saving some cash and getting a BNF Basic.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone's New Habu 2 EDF ChuckTseeker Foamy EDFs 5037 Oct 31, 2016 09:05 PM
For Sale New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 12, 2012 01:26 AM
Sold New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 23, 2012 10:10 AM