Jan 03, 2013, 04:14 PM
Flippin Multirotors
The LHS has these on order. I'll be taking a look at them when there in stock for sure but have other things to fund before i can think about picking one up. AS3X in a larger more powerful plane should make this one much more enjoyable to fly in less than ideal wind conditions. I also would be more interested in a BNF basic option as well.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2013, 05:58 PM
Yep a BNF basic is exactly what I want to as I already have a pile of batteries and more of those parkzone chargers that I never use than I care to admit.
Jan 03, 2013, 06:03 PM
Kev Waite
Video

Parkzone VisionAire BNF (1 min 38 sec)
Jan 03, 2013, 06:11 PM
Well that didn't float my boat
Jan 03, 2013, 06:20 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Guess it will be a while before the rest of us get to check one out in person but this was posted as well from across the pond.
ParkZone VisionAire BNF Review/Unboxing (6 min 10 sec)
Jan 03, 2013, 07:47 PM
The Earth got in the way!
Um.... Well... After watching the video it looks like it can hover but, was barely able to hold a KE. No blenders, no Pop-Tops? It looks like this is more of a beginners, beginner 3D'r.
Guess its not what I was thinking it'd be from Quique. I'm out on this on since it looks to be more as an intro into 3D.
Good Luck!
I'm out.
Jan 03, 2013, 07:57 PM
Andres
Yes, me too, I will definitley go for the Edge now. It still looks like a great plane, and I would still LOVE to have it, but the Edge looks like it is capable of more 3D than this.

-joker
Jan 03, 2013, 08:01 PM
That's amazing - I can't believe HH even put that video up. Normally they have some super thumb flying for the promo video's that can make a 2x4 with a rubber band motor fly 3d. That has to be about the least inspiring promo video I've ever seen out of HH.
Jan 03, 2013, 08:05 PM
Go Cocks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
Guess its not what I was thinking it'd be
Look at the AUW vs. the WS.....Seems heavy to me.
Jan 03, 2013, 08:31 PM
Andres
I thought that the video would be more "exciting" and "3D-ish" as well. It was mostly vertical, a couple of rolls, then nose down into a dive, push out inverted. Not that impressive compared to the Edge. I saying, if I had the money, I would get both, but if I had to choose, the it would be the Edge.

-joker
Jan 03, 2013, 08:35 PM
#14 royal wulf
That video would make so much more sense if they made it clear at the beginning the pilot was a TOTAL noob to 3d flying. Has to be the worst horizon promo video I've ever seen. Don't really care for the old typhoon 2 kinda look it has either. AR635 in a bnf basic carbon z yak 54, now that might be something.
Jan 03, 2013, 08:42 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
I don't know this whole package surprises me and not in a good way.
1)The video looks terrible, definitely won't help someone make the decision to spend 300 bucks, unless they are total beginners and don't know any better.
2)The plane is rather ugly, the wings are way out of proportion, presumably so its floaty for beginners.
3) Why do we need a gyro on a plane this size, especially a 3D plane?
4) It's EPO or something like EPO, whatever HH calls it, it will not be durable at all. I've driven my EPP Telink 44" Slick into the ground at high speed 3 times and it still looks like new, an EPO plane wound never survive those hits.

I think HH is trying to stay relevant while the 3D plane world has left them behind. It IS BNF so if you don't want to build this is and option, every other 3D plane requires building.

I love the Beast 3D and "like" the Sbach 3D and love the mCPX but that's about it for me.

I built a 3DHS 41 inch Edge 540 for $270 that would fly rings around this plane, probably nearly as durable as well.
Jan 03, 2013, 08:45 PM
Flippin Multirotors
The fact that the AS3X AR635 rx can be used in other planes and adjusted for sensitivity and dialed in etc seems to have slipped by many.
Jan 03, 2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real
The fact that the AS3X AR635 rx can be used in other planes and adjusted for sensitivity and dialed in etc seems to have slipped by many.
Probably not those who are interested in the as3x system. It's not something everybody has real interest in.
Jan 03, 2013, 09:29 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover

Visionaire

OK, so first of all, I need to apologize. I don't blame you for being underwhelmed by this video. It doesn't show any of the capabilities of the airplane. We have a more demonstrative video that should be live tomorrow morning.

The Visionaire is fully capable of pretty much everything 3D. Blenders, rolling harriers, waterfalls, knife edge forever, etc. Everyone in the office is fully stoked about this machine! Mike and Seth were in China working on other projects recently, and they both took a break and put about 15 batteries through a couple of these just for fun. Normally you would only do a couple flights, but they couldn't stop themselves because it was such a blast. Maybe Seth will chime in here later.

Although it's fully-capable, it's really focused on being an excellent first 3D plane. It's more lightly loaded than the Carbon-Z Yak 54, it's rugged, and the AR635 AS3X receiver helps smooth out the bumps, enabling the new 3D pilot to focus on controlling the airplane rather than it controlling him. For the experienced pilot, AS3X simply reduces the workload required to make the airplane do what you want. It doesn't get in the way between you and the plane, allowing you to simply have fun.

All the electronics are new, save the battery:
  • 1st full-size receiver with integrated AS3X
  • All-new servos built to withstand the punishment of 3D flight
  • 40A Lite ESC has been upgraded with a more robust BEC (5A, I believe)
  • New motor

Quick Reply