Jan 03, 2013, 02:21 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Parkzone's VisionAire

this looks cool parkzones new VisionAire BNF

cheers chuck

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ6580

The ParkZone® VisionAire™ park flyer is specifically designed for sport pilots by 3D pioneer, Quique Somenzini. Its wings are constructed of hollow Z-foam™ material that has been reinforced with carbon fiber to create structures that are stiffer and lighter than solid foam. This rigid, lightweight airframe is paired with a powerful 10-size, 1250Kv brushless motor that delivers the vertical performance you need for an exhilarating 3D flying experience.

What makes the VisionAire such a great 3D plane for sport pilots is the advanced AS3X® (Artifical Stabilization – 3-aXis) System built into its AR635 receiver. The AS3X System works behind the scenes to counter the effects of wind and turbulence, using 3-axis sensing and flight control software tuned by Quique Somenzini. If you’ve never flown 3D before, this enhanced stability will give you the confidence you need to try high alpha maneuvers like harriers, hovers, torque rolls and more.

You can adjust the amount of stability the AS3X System provides or turn it off completely, but even 3D pros will find flying with it on feels completely natural. There is no delay in control response or limits on the control throws. You’ll simply feel like you’re flying an expertly tuned model that goes right where you point it.

Spektrum™ AR635 DSMX® receiver with AS3X® System, installed
Powerful 10-size BL outrunner, 1250Kv, installed
E-flite® 40A Pro Switch-Mode ESC with 5A BEC, installed
E-flite 13-gram digital micro servos, installed
Clear belly window for monitoring AS3X System status
Carbon-reinforced Z-Foam™ construction
Leading-edge vortex generators
Double-beveled hinges for large control surface throws
Durable wire landing gear and large wheels for flying off grass
Two piece wing for easy transportation and repair
Sharp, Mirco Pecorari signature trim scheme
Includes 3S 2200mAh 25C Li-Po battery
Includes 2- to 3-cell DC variable rate charger
Requires a full-range 4+ channel DSM2®/DSMX aircraft transmitter, sold separately

Wingspan: 45.0 in (1143mm)
Overall Length: 42.5 in (1088mm)
Wing Area: 539 sq. in. (34.8 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 43.7 oz (1240 g)
Motor Size: 10-size BL10 brushless outrunner, 1250Kv (installed)
Radio: AR635 6-channel DSMX AS3X sport receiver (installed)
Servos: (4) 13 g digital high-speed servos (installed)
Trim Scheme Colors: Blue, red
CG (center of gravity): 4.5 in (115mm) back from the leading edge of wing at wing root
Wing Loading: 11.7 oz/sq. ft. (35 g/sq. dm.)
Prop Size: 12 x 4
Spinner Size: 1.57 in (40mm)
Speed Control : 40-Amp Lite Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless (installed)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 2200mAh 25C Li-Po (included)
Control Throw (Ailerons): Low: 70% up/down, 15% expo; High: 100% up/down, 25% expo
Control Throw (Elevator): Low: 70% up/down, 15% expo; High: 100% up/down, 20% expo
Control Throw (Rudder): Low: 70% right/left, 10% expo; High: 100% right/left, 15% expo
Approx. Flying Duration: 6 minutes
Charger: 2-3 cell DC Li-Po balancing charger
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes

Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jan 14, 2015 at 04:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2013, 02:27 AM
Flippin Multirotors
That looks cool,i remember discussing as3x with eflite reps at ihobby for larger aircraft a couple years back and it was a no go. Took a while and technically this is a parkzone plane but still cool to see it.
Jan 03, 2013, 02:42 AM
352nd FG Association
My "source" at HH texted me last night to say one of the two new releases is a blast to fly and I'd like it. He said it "is NOT a warbird", so this is it obviously.
Jan 03, 2013, 02:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
My "source" at HH texted me last night to say one of the two new releases is a blast to fly and I'd like it. He said it "is NOT a warbird", so this is it obviously.
yep warbird is here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1800768

cheers chuck
Jan 03, 2013, 03:49 AM
Good Times!
I want video!
Jan 03, 2013, 05:55 AM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
i want to see what this one will be like.
Jan 03, 2013, 08:50 AM
Video! Video!
Jan 03, 2013, 08:59 AM
Team Futaba
The VisionAire is an incredible flying airplane. Even the early samples without the AS3X receiver were stellar flying airplanes. I may be biased, but I think that this airplane (and the receiver that's in it) are game changers.

It's an exciting way to start off the new year!
Jan 03, 2013, 09:11 AM
Team:EF/CC/DA/TP/SL/AUR/HS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Smith
The VisionAire is an incredible flying airplane. Even the early samples without the AS3X receiver were stellar flying airplanes. I may be biased, but I think that this airplane (and the receiver that's in it) are game changers.

It's an exciting way to start off the new year!
+1

This plane is a blast!
Jan 03, 2013, 09:29 AM
Interesting. They seem to have gone back to a thicker wing section more like the older 3Ders by the looks of it. I wonder if those little dimples just aft of the leading edge top and bottom serve a purpose or are just for looks.
Jan 03, 2013, 09:43 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly
Interesting. They seem to have gone back to a thicker wing section more like the older 3Ders by the looks of it. I wonder if those little dimples just aft of the leading edge top and bottom serve a purpose or are just for looks.
I presume you are talking about the vortex generators?

They keep the airflow attached over the top of the wing, stabilizing it in high-alpha flight. They make a huge difference.
Jan 03, 2013, 10:04 AM
I thought that might be the case but thought they looked a little small for that.
Jan 03, 2013, 10:16 AM
The Earth got in the way!
$300!!
Jan 03, 2013, 10:24 AM
Only just noticed that part that's £185 over here but you can bet it won't end up being that. I bet it's closer to 200quid, it's on the horizon hobby uk page but I can't find an rrp for it. If it's closer to the 185 mark I suppose it wouldn't be too bad as long as there aren't any problems with the rx/as3x like there was with some of the other offerings.
Jan 03, 2013, 10:33 AM
HH when are these expected to hit hobby shop shelves?

Quick Reply