Jan 02, 2013, 08:56 PM
Parkstormer!
Thread OP
New Product

Tower Hobbies Hellcat

There's a new Hellcat on the Tower Hobbies website, due out this month! Looks to be next in their P-51/Corsair series . . .
Last edited by GradyLee; Jan 02, 2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: To change the category to "new product"
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2013, 09:43 PM
Capitalist
I typed in Hellcat and all that came up were the plastic models. How about a link
Jan 03, 2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this Hellcat
This Hellcat sure has a draw on my interest , wonder if they made the tailwheel steerable on this plane ?
Anxious to see flight reports and videos of this one because my Christmas gift card is burning a hole in my pocket
Jan 03, 2013, 12:33 PM
<<<<I|I>>>>
Nice. Looks like you can ROG with this Hellcat!

Tailwheel looks to be stearable too as I can see an arm reaching out to the rudder like their Mustang - hopefully it's not plastic, though.
Jan 05, 2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman
This Hellcat sure has a draw on my interest , wonder if they made the tailwheel steerable on this plane ?
Yea - yes it does! Just found this pic...

Here are the details:
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/towa2004.html

The manual is on that site too.

Mike
Last edited by pda4you; Jan 05, 2013 at 08:48 AM.
Jan 05, 2013, 10:36 AM
Swing and a miss, No retracts.
Jan 05, 2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricboy
Swing and a miss, No retracts.
Not for me - I hate the complexity and fussy nature of retracts. They add weight, don't operate well on my grass field either. And the 90 degree rotation adds another layer of issues.

They are also hitting a price point too.

I am glad it does not have them.

Mike
Jan 05, 2013, 11:18 AM
Capitalist
Dynam has one coming out with retracts. Thanks for the link but I'll wait.
Jan 05, 2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Not for me - I hate the complexity and fussy nature of retracts. They add weight, don't operate well on my grass field either. And the 90 degree rotation adds another layer of issues.

They are also hitting a price point too.

I am glad it does not have them.

Mike
I'll go along with that. I bought the FMS Hellcat late last summer when they were 150 plus shipping. Can't get them for that now. This is similar size and performance to PZ Wildcat. It will fly good. Most GP stuff does.
Jan 05, 2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricboy
I'll go along with that. I bought the FMS Hellcat late last summer when they were 150 plus shipping. Can't get them for that now. This is similar size and performance to PZ Wildcat. It will fly good. Most GP stuff does.
If anything like the Corsair this will be awesome. The Corsair performs remarkably well, is supported by a good warranty system by a national seller, will have parts support.

I watch all the "issues" on those cheap retracts - why would I want those issues?

This is another great option - not saying Dynam and FMS and other brands are not fine too - just good to have a choice sold by a vendor who will support the plane and not charge me $25-$40 to ship.

Mike
Jan 05, 2013, 11:37 AM
<<<<I|I>>>>
Drats. It is another plastic tail assembly
Jan 05, 2013, 12:54 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
likely too early to ask but does anyone know if the firewall motor mount (based on other tower hobbies warbirds) allows other motors to easily be swapped in? specifically, if i want to put in an e-flite on this bird?
Jan 05, 2013, 12:59 PM
I strongly suspect it will be a dupe of the Corsair since they use the same motor. But that is pure speculation on my part...

Here are some pics from the Tower Hobbies Corsair mount.
Jan 05, 2013, 03:36 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
thanks for the pics pda4you. are the mount screws on the corsair aligned for compatibility with other motors?

Quick Reply