Australian 12 Metre Enthusiasts - Page 5 - RC Groups
Mar 13, 2013, 01:55 AM
Bob
To all East Coast 12 Owners

By now you probably have received a letter from the Owners Association in which a number of inaccurate statements have been made.

I would like to make it clear that this association is merely a Queensland based club that to my understanding is not sanctioned as an association by the ARYA.

Since the introduction of this association there has been much debate and division in the class.

I have over the past two years attempted to do everything possible to save the class and will still keep giving it a go.

Since the endorsement of Yeoman Sands as president of the OA I have sent Yeoman a number of suggestions to help repair this class however, to date only one of those suggestions has been contemplated. i.e.

(a) Send hull to ARYA for measurement;
(b) Change OA class rules to be in line with ARYA for weight;
(c) As for sails proof that the forth rig is necessary.

Since the announcement that the East Coast 12 will no longer be recognised as a national class and that each state is responsible to look after its respective members, I have contacted NSWRYA and been appointed as the contact person for East Coast 12 Class for NSW/ACT. My plan is to operate under similar arrangements as the Soling OM class.

I have also requested to take over the registrations, This had to be formerly sanctioned by the ARYA and they have done so and approved control of the register to myself Colin Durran whilst this process was taking place I asked another owner would he help out with the registrations or in fact take over registrations leaving me to other matters.

Let me make something clear; unless the OA have been told something different they seem to be assuming control of your registrations /memberships for which they have no authority to do so.
Registrations will remain similar to the ARYA procedures without attracting any fees however, to assist with postage costs, skippers will be asked to provide a self-addressed stamped envelope. As the majority of owners are members of a NSWRYA affiliated club there will not be any membership fees for this class of boat.

The only time registrations need to be completed is for a new boat or change of ownership; at no stage will your current registration be cancelled by the NSWRYA.

With approval or recommendations from NSW/ACT owners, my initial plan for the immediate future is:

(a) Manage the class,
(b) Continue attempts to bring the class together, and
(c) Continue setting up the traveller series.

I invite all East Coast 12 owners to be actively involved in the future of your class and welcome your feedback and ideas.

Regards,

Colin Durran

East Coast 12 Representative for NSW/ACT

eastcoast12@live.com.au
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2013, 02:20 AM
You have my full support
Mar 13, 2013, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account
Colin

All I can say is Best of Luck..

AEC12OA is a law unto themselves..

Bringing the Factions Together will not be an easy task.. I would suggest letting them do as they please & register as many IE12's as they like..

It simply is not an EC12 as is currently known & accepted in Australia...

If they ever want to Join all the states together then they will require a Dual Register for their IE12..
Mar 15, 2013, 04:58 AM
Bob
EC12 NSW State Titles

Koonawarra Bay SC - Saturday 6th April

Koonawarra Bay Sailing Club: http://www.koonawarrabaysc.org.au/

Location: http://www.bing.com/local/details.as...Bay+&FORM=LARE

NOR
Skippers List
Online Entry

Now available vide: http://www.rcyachts.net/nsw/index.html

All the best and have an enjoyable event.

Bob
Mar 18, 2013, 02:34 AM
Bob
Attention EC12 Owners

It would appear many owners have not been informed of the terms handed down by the ARYA when the executive made the decision to “Withdraw National Recognition”; Notification of this decision was sent to ARYA affiliates (all State and Territory Councils) advising two significant notifications (1) Withdrawal of National Recognition for the EC12 Class and (2) The current ARYA EC12 Class Rules would remain in effect for a period of twelve month (2013).

For those seeking proof of the preceding paragraph, I suggest you contact your state council Secretary and request a copy.

A complaint has now been lodged by an EC12 owner to the associated authorities seeking clarification of the Rule situation.

This action has now threatened the running of the NSWRYA EC12 State Championship.

As soon as a resolution or further advise is received, notification will be posted.

Fingers crossed;

Bob
Mar 18, 2013, 03:18 AM
Bob
Clarification EC12 Management – NSW

Again it would appear confusion reigns supreme –

1. This forum thread has been established to circulate as much information as possible relating to the State of NSW following the loss of National recognition at the end of 2012. This is not a National Thread however, as stated previously, all information relating the EC12 class is welcomed from any State or Territory.

2. The NSWRYA has recognised and accepted the EC12 class and now manages the class along similar procedures as the Soling OM class. To aid with this process, the NSWRYA executive have elected the former National Class coordinator, Colin Durran, to fulfil the role of NSW EC12 State Coordinator.

There is NO National Coordinator for the EC12 class! For those seeking proof or additional information are advised to contact the NSWRYA Secretary.

Lets stop the mischief and work together,,,,,, before the class is damaged beyond repair!

Stop; Think; Respect:

Bob
Mar 18, 2013, 05:28 AM
Suspended Account
Bob

Not sure how anybody that had an interest in EC12 could have missed it..

Even those with the IE12 couldn't miss their Past-Presidents words about the removal of National Recognition..

All I can ask is "WHAT is HIS issue now"..

Unrest only comes & spews from One Source...

NOT happy with having to resign before getting pushed... Just more Sour Grapes I would guess..

If I may & more from the AEC12OA... He still controls the website content & has removed his report but likes to make people believe his ideas & words are fully supported by the AiEC12OA..
Quote:

My understanding is that the event was for all EC12 boats and their owners but under the circumstances it appears that I and my new boat are precluded from entering the event. I am the owner of two EC12’s and recently I purchased a new hull from the Australian EC12 Owners Association (AEC12OA) which is an identical copy of the EC12 boats that are currently manufactured and raced in both New Zealand and the USA.

Not to put TOO FINE a POINT on this BUT

The New Boat is Not an EC12. It is an IE12.... As he so rightly pointed out to us all.. It's not an EC12 until it is recognised as one within Australia.. And with No National Recognition it's down to a State by State decision with the NOR...

Need to go away & rethink his strategy.. Actions have consequences & he should have thought about that before he set out to destroy the Class with his Opinions..

THE NOR fror the NSW Event is clear.. If you don't meet the Criteria you Don't Qualify..

Take it to Court & stop the sideshow shuffle if you believe you are discriminated against... It's called Local Rules & they (NSW) can adopt whatever they like...

My Guess is No Bottle, just the usuall Belly-Aching

Now Just Need to
Last edited by waboats; Mar 18, 2013 at 05:40 AM.
Mar 18, 2013, 08:23 PM
Bob
Thanks for your insight John,

This issue is now before the National and State governing authorities for deliberation.

This is a shameful situation that will result in compounding existing damaging to the class, there will be no winners while personal emotions play out!

So much for the claim, ”for the good of the class”!

We have already lost class participation of a number of valued owners, National recognition and one could not blame the NSWRYA if they were to take a similar stance to that of the ARYA. (perhaps this will be the final outcome)?

Bob
Mar 18, 2013, 08:36 PM
I got a 12 metre 'Wake' built by Bob Underwood it's about 7 feet long has anybody got any information on this hull or are there anybody sailing one.
Mar 19, 2013, 03:07 AM
Bob
Hello and welcome ToniGe23,

What great looking boat. I certainly have not seen one before but perhaps our readers will be able to help you out.

Have you sailed the boat? It looks like it would give a skipper hours of enjoyment.

All the best and don't be a stranger,

Bob.
Mar 19, 2013, 03:17 AM
Bob
Hello ToniGe23,

If possible, make contact with our expat Mr. Brad Gibson via your Radio Yachting association. Brad has extensive knowledge relating to the 12 metre class sailed in our country and may be able to help.

All the best,

Bob.
Last edited by Viking50; Mar 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
Mar 19, 2013, 11:34 AM
Suspended Account
Bob

It's a sad day when spitefulness is more important than dealing with the facts.

The Task of recognising the IE12 was clearly defined early on...

I have checked the rules of the AiEC12OA & have stumbled across one piece of Interesting & Important Information.

Not One Place within the IE12 Class Rules does it make mention of "EC12"..

It omitts at every opportunty to even recognise EC12 older boats nor does it even reference EC12 Boats..

What it clearly states is;

(b) The Inter Eastcoast 12 Meter One Design (hereinafter referred to as the IE12), is a one-design radio controlled racing class.

Remeber "HE Who MUST be Obeyed" decided to call his Hull an IE12 & refused to have it recognised as an EC12..

He is stuck with the outcome he initiated & was wholly responsible for.. Now they sheds crocodile Tears over the outcome..

He wanted Unity or Death, well his IE12 got Death... What did he expect...

Simple answer to his Lordship, is If you want to Race bring along a Recognised EC12 Boat and comply with the rules... Otherwise you could have IOM's turn up to race as well.. They aren't EC12's either..
Mar 19, 2013, 08:55 PM
Suspended Account
Bob

One very small matter I missed & neglected to post.. From "HIS" own constitution..

Quote:
Australian EC12 Owners Association
Incorporated in Queensland under the Associations Act 1981
1. NAME
(a) The name of the Association is Australian EC12 Owners Association INC. referred to herein as “The Association”.

(b) The name may be abbreviated to AEC12OA(Inc).

(c) The name of the boat is Inter Eastcoast 12 Meter One Design and is a one Design radio controlled yacht.

(d) The name may be abbreviated to IE 12

NOT an EC12

...... So what is they Belly-Aching about. ... Just want to continue the disharmony & divisions, instead of focussing & moving forward...

Last edited by waboats; Mar 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM.
Mar 20, 2013, 01:30 AM
Bob
NSWRYA East Coast 12 State Title

The Secretary NSWRYA has advised this event will be held in accordance with the published Notice of Race.

http://www.rcyachts.net/nsw/NOR13/20...amps%20NoR.pdf

Fair winds and good sailing to all competitors.

Posted on behalf of NSWRYA EC12 State Coordinator – Colin Durran
Mar 20, 2013, 03:12 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking50
NSWRYA East Coast 12 State Title

The Secretary NSWRYA has advised this event will be held in accordance with the published Notice of Race.

http://www.rcyachts.net/nsw/NOR13/20...amps%20NoR.pdf

Fair winds and good sailing to all competitors.

Posted on behalf of NSWRYA EC12 State Coordinator – Colin Durran

Bob

Good to see a stance has been made & the objector has been considered in terms of the NOR..
Quote:

5. ELIGIBILITY
The competition is open to financial members of ARYA (Inc) affiliated clubs and to members of a recognized Division Member of the International Radio Sailing Association. Entry will be denied to anyone who has been expelled from the ARYA or any of the state or territory RC sailing associations affiliated with the ARYA (Inc). All boats must have a current registration certificate for the class entered.

I think the Australian EC12 Class Rules are quite specific..

Quote:
1.1 CONDITIONS FOR RACING

1.1.1 ELIGIBILITY Before a yacht is eligible to race in competition:

(a) It shall have been registered prior to 1st Jan, 2008, or

(b) Its hull shall have been moulded in an A.R.Y.A. Inc approved mould, or

(c) The yacht conforms to the measurements of these class rules or any of the previously issued class rules, but because of the passing of time, the provenance of the hull has been lost and

(d) The yacht shall have a measurement certificate issued by an official measurer and approved by the A.R.Y.A. registrar.
A or B or C plus D...

(d) The yacht shall have a measurement certificate issued by an official measurer and approved by the A.R.Y.A. registrar.

It is my understanding that the NSW have accepted the previous National Class Rules as the foundation to the EC12 Class within Australia.. A sensible outcome given the rule base in existence & the Majority of Boats sailing comply with the existing EC12 Rules..
Last edited by waboats; Mar 20, 2013 at 03:18 AM.