Australian 12 Metre Enthusiasts - Page 4 - RC Groups
Feb 28, 2013, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiecollector
Viking,
the new group www.australia12metregroup.com.

Steve
Please try www.australian12metregroup.com
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2013, 01:16 AM
Bob
Thanks Makka 1957,

Appreciate the help.

Steve,

Great site, looking forward to more information.

Our thanks to the group for their support and initiative, let us know what we can do to help or contribute to the site.

All the best,

Bob
Mar 02, 2013, 06:44 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by waboats
Bob

Any News on the Morgan Black..

Started 24th Feb with Measuring, Registration & Practice Sail

First Full day of Competition 25th Feb 2013..

Lay Day Today...

Are there any updates on how things are progressing?

Cheers

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking50
In short John, no, and that concerns me particularlly after the USA EC12 website removed the advertisment for this event some months ago. I aslo noted the entries from USA and UK disappeared from the entry list?

With a lack of international participants; NZ skippers excluded; the event seems to have lost it's profile. I have had many enquiries from EC12 owners questioning the validity to name the competition "Morgan Black", without USA and UK involvement does the event still qualify?????

If I am able to get any update on the Queensland competition, I let you know.

All the best,

Bob.
Bob

It is disappointing that there is no News on how the Latest International Event in Radio Sailing has unfolded...

OK there was only 3 days racing over the week (Monday to Friday) with Lay Days every other...

Have to say I had strong doubts it would go ahead or be well represented given the strong divisions driven into the Class in Australia.

Lets hope somebody somewhere can shed some light on what happened & maybe a Photo or two...

Cheersa

John
Mar 02, 2013, 11:50 PM
The event did run.

Monday only 1 race due to atrocious weather. Wednesday 19 races and Friday another 12 for 32 in total.

Winner was Clyde Rogers (Tauranga NZL), 2nd Gary Taylor, AUS, 3rd Peter Morris AUS, 4th Chris Harmer (NZL), 5th Brian Hogg (NZL) and remainder all AUS.

Just home in NZ so more to follow later in week.
Mar 03, 2013, 01:35 AM
Bob
Well howdy there Chris H,

We can always count on you to showcase an event and look forward to your perspective and photo's.

John,

Same ole same ole: how disappointing, not one Australian (OA member) participant would take the time to promote the class and the event! It's no wonder the ARYA withdrew National Status for the class.

However, the event is over and now we concentrate on State based groups and activities; the Nation scene has ended!!!!!

All the best,

Bob.
Mar 03, 2013, 01:44 PM
i see reference made to the victor models 39" version of australia 11 , ive got an older MRP version ( pre thunder tiger ) which was purchased as a hull with keel and rudder last summer , its currently fitted with a groovy mast & a rig suit from a kyosho seawind , may not be correct but it works ! my only problem is it looks very bow heavy when sailing , is this a design feature ? jon ,
Mar 04, 2013, 12:52 AM
Hi Jon,

I have recently started sailing a mini mariner Aussie II and notice that in a stiff breeze it too "looks" bow heavy ,however it never "dives" or behaves badly it is just the way it looks. Possibly a characteristic of the hull/keel shape...
Mar 04, 2013, 01:34 AM
maybe its just the way they look , like yours ive not buried the bow below the surface yet ! very nice boat to sail and with the short stubby winged keel its ideal for shallower ponds unlike a normal iom . what part of the world are you in makka ?
Mar 04, 2013, 05:05 AM
Hi Jon,
Yes a very nice boat to sail....I am in Sydney, Australia. I am sure some of the Nautic 12/ Aussie II skippers on here could advise if this is normal for this type of boat or not. As I said, I have had limited time sailing mine.
Mar 04, 2013, 05:06 PM
not seen any more close to me for comparison yet . our local club have the much smaller micro magics !
Mar 04, 2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiecollector
"Aeromined"
Look under "Our Past" ARYA "25 th Anniversary of Australia II".

http : //radioyachtingnz.wordpress.com/2012/08/21/a2-nz-championships/

Steve
Thanks Steve! I missed your note above earlier!
Mar 06, 2013, 12:06 AM
Thanks to Yeoman Sands for this - can't really say much more. Probably the first time I didn't take 100's of pics due to the weather not being good for that while sailing as well.

http://www.rc-yachts.net/index.php?o...ies&Itemid=111
Mar 07, 2013, 12:56 AM
Bob
ACT – 2013, Bridge to Bridge Marathon Race

Once again the Canberra Model Yacht Club hosted the B2B race over the weekend March 2nd and 3rd.

Saturday is usually reserved as a social sail before setting off to round the Kings Avenue bridge and back to the finish line of the regular sailing course. This provides skippers with an opportunity to work the bugs out (if any) and tune the boats in preparation for the long distance on Sunday.

Unfortunately, the weather turned for the worse with heavy winds. Subsequently, the day was reluctantly cancelled.

Sunday the weather was more favourable allowing the event committee to add the Saturday program as a starter; social racing followed by the Kings Avenue bridge leg; back to the finish for a short break before commencing the long distance run to Commonwealth Bridge and return.

The B2B event traverses a distance of 4.5 kilometres along the south bank of Lake Burley Griffin. Starting from Bowen Park, competitors follow a set course (including the regular triangle), on to Kings Avenue bridge then onto Commonwealth bridge for a rounding of the first pier and back to Bowen Park to complete another triangle and through to the finish line.

Skippers from NSW and Victoria joined local CMYC skippers for a memorable events. As all classes are invited to compete the 2013 event was made up of A class, 10Rater, Marblehead, EC12 and the new Budgie class. For those interested in the Budgie, it is another one design class, 1.2 metres in length and restricted to carrying IOM sails only. For those who remember Frank Russell’s Phoenix 2 10R, the Budgie is similar in shape and carries a standard (short) keel similar to the IOM.

This year’s winner was local CMYC member sailing a 10 Rater.

If you are interested in competing in the 2014 event we’ll post details late 2013. You won’t regret the journey to our Nation’s Capital; it’s a terrific event with good, friendly competitors.

Thanks for your interest.

Bob
Mar 11, 2013, 06:32 PM
Bob
EC 12 NSW State Title

6/7 April 2013 (TBA) - Coonawarra Bay Sailing Club (TBA)

Be advised, discussions are being held between the State EC12 Coordinator and NSWRYA to commit to a date and venue for the running of this event. As soon as confirmation is received, full details will be posted.

Reminder – All EC12 competitions held throughout Australia will be Non-Ranking events due to withdrawal of National Recognition by the ARYA 2012.

In addition, the Class coordinator is compiling a questionnaire seeking Owner opinions on the future direction for the class; this will include class rules, competitions etc. Details to follow.

All the best,

Bob
Mar 11, 2013, 10:34 PM

Epic

Hi Rod, I got the letter. Thank you this. I'm am going to do this.

Steve