New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by Keenan smith
was geht , müssen unten kommen
Build Log

40mm EDF L-39 Albatross

See below for pictures..

Reserved for finished pictures, construction videos, maiden and plans
Last edited by Keenan smith; Jan 02, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:04 PM
I had a 40mm AEO EDF setup sitting around with no airframe to put it in so i got busy and started drawing up some L-39 Albatross plans to fit the EDF
The wingspan is going to be 370mm and the length 422mm, the control setup will be ailerons and elevator i took some qick snaps o my plans so far
The construction technique i will use is the sandwiched depron box fuse, then sanded round just like how sloperjoe did the fuselage's on his mig and sabre

K
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
Lee Liddle
logged on, nice subject
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:04 PM
Little more of an update, i av just finished drawing up the wing skin template and airfoils (its going to be a super light built up wing usingn 2 and 3mm depron
Also decided on a simple way to drive the ailerons (which are rather ar out on the wing tips ) using dubro micros aileron linkages to a single, double horned 5g servo in the middle of the wing.

I have also decided to do the rear fuse using rolled depron in order to save weight.

Now onto the pictures

K

And Lee, thanks for subscribing
Last edited by Keenan smith; Jan 04, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:15 AM
Find More Posts by sloperjoe
watching

Joe
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:27 AM
thanks Joe,!, its an hounor to have such a profound micro EDF scratchbuilder like you and Lee Following my build Looks like i better make this build perfect (+i only have till the 12th to finish it.. ! but i like a challenge... im attending a Fly in so i wanna have at-least one jet there! (good to promote the micro EDF Sid of the hobby + there dirt Cheap!)

I'm moving onto the building stage later today..! How exiting ! But first i gotta Photocopy a Set and deliver em to my best bud (Also coincedentally named Joe is building one too! with an AS3X board)

K
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:19 PM
Lee Liddle
Don`t worry about perfect on my account. Having fun is my most important goal. So do lots of that
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:42 PM
Lee Liddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan smith View Post
(good to promote the micro EDF Sid of the hobby + there dirt Cheap!)

K
The other great thing about the Micro EDF is that since my last post, a few minutes ago, I went out back and got in two flights on my Nanospot. I would have gotten a third, but I ran out of sunlight.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:55 PM
i'm gonna add an update in a Couple of mins, half hour tops .. Got the Wing and Landing Gear done and started work on the Fuse... still Deciding on Rudder or not though but a rudder will give me crosswind capability and nose-wheel Steering For only 7g in extra wieght

still deciding..
K
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
The other great thing about the Micro EDF is that since my last post, a few minutes ago, I went out back and got in two flights on my Nanospot. I would have gotten a third, but I ran out of sunlight.
Nice! one Lee, Get any footage or was it too dark.. ?

K
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:47 PM
Lee Liddle
No, it was very cloudy and almost dark, so I didn`t try to get video. Looks like there will be lots of sun this weekend. I plan to get some good video, with the camera pointed in the right direction. LOL
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:50 AM
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
Look'in great K!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!