Jan 02, 2013, 06:54 AM
GTH NFL
Thread OP
Discussion

Columnist calls for repeal of Second Amendment, death of gun owners

This is the true soul of progressive liberalism . . .

Quote:
By publishing his call for violence against those with whom he disagrees, Kaul proves, yet again, that liberalism has become an ideology of genocidal hate and rage.
http://www.examiner.com/article/des-...-of-gun-owners
Jan 02, 2013, 07:24 AM
Really?
One fool does not an ideology make. He's just an embarrassment.
Jan 02, 2013, 07:34 AM
foamie re-cycler
hmmm..100,000,000 gun owners ...thats a lot of graves ,coffins etc I wonder how much of an investment this guy has in the funeral industries...
Jan 02, 2013, 07:35 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
He just followed up the oft quoted mantra of the Gun lobby about "Cold dead hands".
Is that just bravado then?
Are they not willing to hang on to their guns until death?
Jan 02, 2013, 07:37 AM
GTH NFL
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932
One fool does not an ideology make. He's just an embarrassment.
Apparently there are many fools http://conservativefiringline.com/li...hate-and-rage/
Jan 02, 2013, 07:40 AM
Not watchin from the sideline
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932
one fool does not an ideology make. He's just an embarrassment.
+ 1
Jan 02, 2013, 07:55 AM
Valiant Spy Balloon Survivor
I KNEW it! David Koresh represents all Christians!
Jan 02, 2013, 08:38 AM
Whirled Peas
The actual oped piece:

http://abetteriowa.desmoinesregister...genda-on-guns/
Jan 02, 2013, 08:48 AM
Reserved Parking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
He just followed up the oft quoted mantra of the Gun lobby about "Cold dead hands".
Is that just bravado then?
Are they not willing to hang on to their guns until death?
So you support his call for mass murder then?
Jan 02, 2013, 09:15 AM
Whirled Peas
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C
So you support his call for mass murder then?
He doesn't call for mass murder. He calls for the surrender of all unlicensed assault rifles. Taking the guns from their cold dead hands would only be one choice of action for those unwilling to surrender their unlicensed assault rifles. They could also license them, or surrender them.
Jan 02, 2013, 09:21 AM
Get One Up!!!
Ah, but the recogntion of that would require reading the source material in the original tongue-very-firmly-in-cheek-and-referenced-to-classic-madder-than-hell-"Network"-quote rather than the spin-meister's version.
Jan 02, 2013, 09:27 AM
Whirled Peas
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer
Ah, but the recogntion of that would require reading the source material in the original tongue-very-firmly-in-cheek-and-referenced-to-classic-madder-than-hell-"Network"-quote rather than the spin-meister's version.
Which is why I posted a link to the original op ed. It reads quite different than an open call for the murder of gun owners.
Jan 02, 2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter
I KNEW it! David Koresh represents all Christians!
Good one RC.
Jan 02, 2013, 09:30 AM
Get One Up!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer
Which is why I posted a link to the original op ed. It reads quite different than an open call for the murder of gun owners.
Yes. Yes it does.*

* Assumes minimum of high school level reading comprehension and ability to identify references to popular culture, as well as ability to take note of the context. Levels of outrage may go up, as well as down.
Jan 02, 2013, 10:15 AM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Read the op-ed piece, does not change my mind; the guy is a raving idiot, like a large number of those on the Left. Civility my arse.

Quick Reply