Jan 07, 2013, 01:31 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
marty i heard from a old utah budy of yours your working on a large T-38...is that true?

ps..good to see ya round these parts! haha
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2013, 05:54 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Hey Marty!
Glad I can be of some help. Need to save the sanity of my old Gillette buddies!

J
Jan 07, 2013, 10:47 PM
Classic jets rule
Hey Marty ...you must be snowed in ...hope your doing well. Hey John this will be really a cool plane for Hans it's looking good . Hans is wear out his flight suits with that one .
Jan 07, 2013, 10:50 PM
Fast Jets for Fast times
John,

This build is moving fast and look great. Looks like the plans are very well done.
Jan 08, 2013, 06:07 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Thanks Jeff,
Hans makes great plans, simple and to the point.

J
Jan 08, 2013, 12:58 PM
Living a Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
.. Hey John this will be really a cool plane for Hans it's looking good . Hans is wear out his flight suits with that one .
Hey Brother, You brings it to the point!!
HJ
Jan 08, 2013, 05:05 PM
Jack of all master of none
J is just crewzzzzzeenn and I'm just watchen
GREAT START another fast but spot on build!

Bruce
Jan 08, 2013, 05:26 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Thanks

Didn't have much time today but I did finish the wing structure and skinned them.
I'll shape the LE and trim them in the morning and get them ready for glass. Once I have them all ready I can set them on to get my final shape on the fuse sides. The fuse formers are just approximate and will have to be adjusted. After that it is back to skinning again.

J
Jan 08, 2013, 06:38 PM
Classic jets rule
hey j you should try that EZKote stuff that nut used on Ron 101's big F-18 super light and EZ no mixing ,(for glassing the wings)i got to get some .i think Tower has it
Jan 08, 2013, 10:00 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
I'll have to check that out AS.

J
Jan 09, 2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
hey j you should try that EZKote stuff that nut used on Ron 101's big F-18 super light and EZ no mixing ,(for glassing the wings)i got to get some .i think Tower has it
Is it like the liquid sheet that you paint on then it becomes a skin? I used it on one of my foamies. It works but does need a good wet sanding to get it smooth.
Jan 09, 2013, 10:33 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
I know there have been proponents of that liquid sheeting stuff but I've never tried it simply because I think I can get at least as nice a finish with epoxy/glass and lighter. Whatever.
I searched Tower for that EZKote but found nothing. I'll have to try Google and You Tube.
Meanwhile, I have the wing skinned, LE shaped, and some spackle in a few areas.
Mounted the wing and here is how I did the "keeper" for the wings. You just need something to keep the wings from slipping away on the tube from the fuse. Wings fit real well and hopefully when I skin the fuse I can get a nice seam at the junction.
Now I can start the fuse skinning again. Oh joy.

J
Jan 09, 2013, 10:47 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Found it, looks interesting.
Deluxe Materials Eze-Kote (4 min 50 sec)

J
Jan 09, 2013, 11:28 AM
No Hangar Queens!
I have used the WOWPlanes liquid sheeting.
http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...roducts_id=130
Its a lot more expensive for the quantity you get but it does work well. Drying time is longer but with the multiple coats for Eze-kote its about the same amount of time.
Jan 09, 2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsonman
I have used the WOWPlanes liquid sheeting.
http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...roducts_id=130
Its a lot more expensive for the quantity you get but it does work well. Drying time is longer but with the multiple coats for Eze-kote its about the same amount of time.
Its not expensive if you buy from the source. Wowplanes is repackaging and charging three times the original price. I got a whole Quart for 29.00.

John. Based on the video what is the advantage over glassing? None I would think. You still have to do the steps with cloth etc. I'll stick to cloth and epoxy resin.

Quick Reply