Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by SadSack
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
pcb is for girly boys. REAL men use deadbug!
really
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by blackmoon
flying beam
SadSack you inbox is full
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:40 PM
Whoops
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by gilcd85
I just put in an order in OSHPark for 3 PCBs for 2.1$ free shipping in the US (or 8 bucks shipping outside the US).
70 cents PCB sounds very reasonable to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
....and why I should pay 9.90+2.90 shipping for whatever number of pcb if I need only one or two.)
Old Mar 27, 2013, 04:32 AM
Find More Posts by midelic
Now you contaminated me also with this multiwii.Just crossed my mind, I have this boards for tqfp32,I bought an Atmega 328-3.7dolars ea.and an 6050 for 5.3 dollars...A7105 i already have, fets the same.I want to build a brushed tricopter.
I see I can program the 328 using usb asp programmer...no need of stinky ....arduino bootloader.
I'm thinking of..a modular design a main328 board with female pin headers, connect each section(mpu6050 board ,fet board ) with male pins to the main 328.The A7105 installed bug style on the main board back(all together humping style).
I told you I'm lazy.
Last edited by midelic; Mar 27, 2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
SadSack you inbox is full
sorted it again, sorry
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:42 AM
Find More Posts by Banjo5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilcd85 View Post
I just put in an order in OSHPark for 3 PCBs for 2.1$ free shipping in the US (or 8 bucks shipping outside the US).
70 cents PCB sounds very reasonable to me
For small PCB's that's tremendous value.

Cheers,
Andrew
Old Mar 27, 2013, 06:08 AM
Quote from OSHPARK
"The medium run order
$1 per square inch, 150 square inch minimum. You can have as many different designs as you want, as long as each is ordered in a multiple of 10 boards."
So there is minimum order..maybe you are old customer.Anyway I'm not in US.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 06:31 AM
I am new to OSH Park (registered yesterday).
From my receipt:

Description Unit price Qty Amount
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 batch of diy flysky rx - 3 x rev3
boards Item# 9BD0D6cc $2.10 USD 1 $2.10 USD

I am not in the US as well so it will end up as 3$ per board (less if I order more than 3).
Old Mar 27, 2013, 06:41 AM
3 dollar per custom board is good value as long as no pay for minimum order.It is good to now for the future boards.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 04:06 PM
One thing that has been bugging me is the amount of wires I have going between the Rx and FC (Signal, GND, VCC * 4/5 channels=12-15 wires). Granted if we have a single MCU doing both Rx and MultiWii FC functionality this will be resolved but until then I would like to try and remove as many wires as possible.

I don't have any experience with PPM SUM, is it doable in the current configuration? What would be required for it to work?

One thing I think we can do straight away and cut # wires by ~1/2 is to remove GND and VCC from all RX-FC connections besides one. This is already done by several FCs (nanowii). Any thoughts as to why this wouldn't work here?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 04:11 PM
Find More Posts by Banjo5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilcd85 View Post
One thing that has been bugging me is the amount of wires I have going between the Rx and FC (Signal, GND, VCC * 4/5 channels=12-15 wires). Granted if we have a single MCU doing both Rx and MultiWii FC functionality this will be resolved but until then I would like to try and remove as many wires as possible.

I don't have any experience with PPM SUM, is it doable in the current configuration? What would be required for it to work?

One thing I think we can do straight away and cut # wires by ~1/2 is to remove GND and VCC from all RX-FC connections besides one. This is already done by several FCs (nanowii). Any thoughts as to why this wouldn't work here?
AFAIK it would work fine. You'd need a single ground, +5, plus the 4/5 signal wires. That's the way I have it wired between my FrSKY RX and KK2 board on my brushless quad.

The PPM sum (CPPM?) would get it down to 3 wires. Integrating RX with the FC to zero .

cheers,
Andrew
Old Mar 27, 2013, 04:23 PM
Why they say PPM sum all the time ? Is simple PPM signal there is no such thing as PPM sum(CPPM). what is the difference?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:07 PM
Ah that's great! This allows for a new and improved Rx PCB design of 15.23x12.37mm with only the ATmega8 on the back for mounting (humping? lol) the 7105.
I have no idea how I'm going to solder anything on this though
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:17 PM
gilcd85 :
What you using in eagle for 3D output ?

Which module are you using or have ?