New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:41 AM
MattyB is online now
Find More Posts by MattyB
Taranis Tyro...
MattyB's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailslide UK View Post
Hey Chip,
What is the lead time if I wanted the front 2/3 doubled and extra kevalar on the sides from the front to behind the TE of the wing (a little back from the rear of the canopy opening)?

I'm going to gang drive the bling and increase the wing area. The ballast is going in the wings. There will be a fair amount of load where the bling bonds in that needs to be distributed. The extra kevalar on the sides will also tie the servo tray loads into the structure better.
I love that you have openly admitted to having 175 unbuilt kits on this thread but are still conducting negotiations on the next one in public...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:40 PM
Tailslide UK is offline
Find More Posts by Tailslide UK
Go fast, turn hard
Tailslide UK's Avatar
It's why the kits don't get built.

Kid in the candy store syndrome.

Maybe I should seek help............




Nah
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:42 PM
Tailslide UK is offline
Find More Posts by Tailslide UK
Go fast, turn hard
Tailslide UK's Avatar
....and you are quite correct. The messages to Chip should have been PM's. I have forgotten my etiquite.

Paul
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:06 PM
Twyl is offline
Find More Posts by Twyl
Silent Flight
Twyl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailslide UK View Post
....and you are quite correct. The messages to Chip should have been PM's. I have forgotten my etiquite.

Paul
There's a little voyeur in everyone one. I don't see anything wrong with chatting it up with Chip in the thread. Much more interesting for the rest of us and I think enlightening as well. Didn't know CR did custom fuses and having that info out here could very well be beneficial to everyone.

Oh, and as long as you keep good records of how much you purchased your kits for and and possibly what the current market value is, I don't see it as anything other than a diversified portfolio, not a problem.

-Jonathan
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:57 PM
A10FLYR is offline
Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Dean
A10FLYR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyl View Post

Oh, and as long as you keep good records of how much you purchased your kits for and and possibly what the current market value is, I don't see it as anything other than a diversified portfolio, not a problem.

-Jonathan
I have a whole bunch of slimey stuff that I purchased using that same philosphy.....even some turbines and other jet stuff. Ain't worth s**t now!! Can't even trade it for a used glider!!!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:11 PM
Twyl is offline
Find More Posts by Twyl
Silent Flight
Twyl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10FLYR View Post
I have a whole bunch of slimey stuff that I purchased using that same philosphy.....even some turbines and other jet stuff. Ain't worth s**t now!! Can't even trade it for a used glider!!!
I didn't realize there was a steep decline in the market value of slime. Whats this turbines thing you speak of? I only speak glider and if it isn't in the glider lexicon,... then you're right, it "ain't worth s**t".

-Jonathan
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:54 PM
chip.greely is offline
Find More Posts by chip.greely
Registered User
chip.greely's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailslide UK View Post
Hey Chip,
What is the lead time if I wanted the front 2/3 doubled and extra kevalar on the sides from the front to behind the TE of the wing (a little back from the rear of the canopy opening)?

I'm going to gang drive the bling and increase the wing area. The ballast is going in the wings. There will be a fair amount of load where the bling bonds in that needs to be distributed. The extra kevalar on the sides will also tie the servo tray loads into the structure better.

Paul
Sounds impressive Paul,

Most of my Heavy Layups are added glass layers, so let me check on the doubled Kevlar.

We'll take it to PM
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:05 AM
Tailslide UK is offline
Find More Posts by Tailslide UK
Go fast, turn hard
Tailslide UK's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailslide UK View Post
It's why the kits don't get built.
It's also why nothing ever gets sold....


Therapist looks over her glasses and sighs....


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion NIB Kavan Partenavia...anyone remember this one? DougKierc Foamies (Kits) 4 Jan 26, 2017 08:34 PM
Discussion Does anyone remember the hybrid helicopter with a wing on only one side? RobinBennett VTOLs 4 Mar 12, 2012 04:23 PM