This thread is privately moderated by jjmelo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by jjmelo
Discussion

The Challenge

I picked up a $7 EPO foam (beer cooler stuff) glider from the RC shop. The challenge: adding a motor and RC equipment and making it fly. I have servos lying around, couple motors and a receiver.

I'm sure its been done before, not sure to what degree of success. I'm gonna give it a shot!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The 'Nocchio - 22" FPV Wing
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by verticalspark
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Its actually quite easy! I did it once for the hell of it but when you are used to overpowering a purpose built plane the glider didnt last long
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by turbodriven
100mph club member
Here was my twin motor attempt. My suggestion... reinforce it well with carbon fiber or it'll break in half. I didn't and paid the price on the maiden. I have a picture somewhere of the wings making a U shape right before snapping, lol.

Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by jjmelo

Nice!

Thanks for the tips. I like to twin motor one. I plan on reinforcing it a bit and adding dihedral to see if I can get away with just elevator + rudder. We'll see.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The 'Nocchio - 22" FPV Wing
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:55 AM
Find More Posts by Piece
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
I bought that same plane (well, two of them) several years ago. Ended up clipping one down to about a 34" span, shortening the nose by a lot, and adding a fairly powerful brushless setup. It flew excellent until I treed it on the maiden.

Dunno what happened to the second one