Aug 30, 2014, 01:56 AM
If I build it, it will fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
D'oh! That's terrible (storing at full charge). Who's the seller?
Amazon - Seattle Puzzles. Since they are drop shipped from a China supplier it isn't really their fault.... but be ware, the standard shipping is listed as 17-28days (which I didn't notice). They are drop shipped from china, the supplier is the naughty one.

I'm hoping that round two will show better flight times. If not there will be much diplomatic dispute between S.P. & myself.

~psguardian
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2014, 08:32 AM
Childlike Activity for Adults
2.5 - 4 minutes/battery is poor.

Good luck with round two psguardian. I hope that you get better flight times.

JB
Aug 30, 2014, 10:55 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Thread OP
Can't wait to hear back from ya, PSG. Round 2.

Aug 30, 2014, 11:19 AM
That picture really sparks my patriotism.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:49 AM
Childlike Activity for Adults
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartambient View Post
That picture really sparks my patriotism.
I bet that pic can charge a "battery" or two as well

A fine example of physical fitness

JB
Aug 30, 2014, 06:10 PM
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmel View Post
I do have video on the cams original usb cable but not on the one I made... 4 and 5 you say? Can you show me?
How's this?
Aug 30, 2014, 06:56 PM
If I build it, it will fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by psguardian View Post
Amazon - Seattle Puzzles. Since they are drop shipped from a China supplier it isn't really their fault.... but be ware, the standard shipping is listed as 17-28days (which I didn't notice). They are drop shipped from china, the supplier is the naughty one.

I'm hoping that round two will show better flight times. If not there will be much diplomatic dispute between S.P. & myself.

~psguardian
I retract my previous statements about Seattle Puzzle & the drop ship supplier they use.

The wall charger I got from 'Super Power Supply' is to blame. It has a faulty connection within the wall-wart is faulty, Tapping the wal-wart makes/breaks the connection to the battery & changes the led color.

One battery that honestly got a full charge few full play ground aerobatics for 7min.

I am now using my Turnigy Accucell 6 to charge each of the new packs on a known good charger.
I am waiting on an RMA.

~psguardian
Aug 30, 2014, 08:26 PM
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob215 View Post
How's this?
Thanks man. Any chance I could see the usb connector with the black and yellow cable close up? Just to be able to see how those were soldered? Trying to figure out where the 2 in 1 ground connection takes place. Also do you have the switch settings on the rc305/channel frequency? This is a HUGE help... thanks so much.
Last edited by Jmel; Aug 30, 2014 at 08:41 PM.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Thanks man. Any chance I could see the usb connector with the black and yellow cable close up? Just to be able to see how those were soldered? Trying to figure out where the 2 in 1 ground connection takes place. Also do you have the switch settings on the rc305/channel frequency? This is a HUGE help... thanks so much.
Well, it wouldn't do much good to show the USB connector up close because its completely covered in a blob of glue. But since pins 4 and 5 are right next to each other, I just run the stripped end of the black wire across both pins and solder them all together. =)

On my RC305, switches 1,2,3 are up and 4 is down, so its set to channel 1 according to the diagram on the RC305.
Aug 31, 2014, 12:45 AM
Quote:
I do have video on the cams original usb cable but not on the one I made... 4 and 5 you say? Can you show me?
I made some improvements to my diagram...
Aug 31, 2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks. I think I have a different style usb connector... Mine has 3 pins on the bottom, and 2 up top.

Like this: http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...ll=1#post91434

And judging by this diagram here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=16522

I was using the wrong pinout... Looks like for MY usb plug, I'd have to have it like this...

with the plug end that goes into the camera facing AWAY as in the first link, I'd have ground going to the first bottom and first top pins on the left, and then video on the 2nd pin up top.

Name: pinout.png
Views: 45
Size: 47.0 KB
Description:
Last edited by Jmel; Aug 31, 2014 at 11:12 AM.
Aug 31, 2014, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Thanks. I think I have a different style usb connector... Mine has 3 pins on the bottom, and 2 up top.

Attachment 7062272
Yes, your picture looks correct! That IS how you should wire it =)

I posted a newer version of my diagram, specifying that I'm showing the REAR view of the USB plug. Its really the same pinout, except your USB plug has those nice, staggered tabs that are easier to solder to. I have some of those for future projects.
Last edited by Rob215; Aug 31, 2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: forgot something
Aug 31, 2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I wish I would have paid closer attention to what was out on the web before following that diagram I first went from... I have another tx that should be here in a week or two. I think mine is salvageable, but the voltage regulator (or whatever it is) has a dimple in it. I'm sure it's toast. It's too tiny for me to solder. I think having it wired up wrong caused some stray voltage to go down the wrong pins. At least the cam still works.
Sep 01, 2014, 03:46 AM
Ive just received my third Syma X1. The first one was defective and had to be sent back. The second one flew off out of sight after only having it for a week. Hopefully, I'll have more positive and long lasting experiences with this one.
Sep 01, 2014, 04:12 AM
Good luck!

Quick Reply