Aug 15, 2014, 06:46 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Thread OP
Dear Friends, I have just posted a new Review of the Eachine H1 mini Quad. Please come in for a visit and sign the guest book

I'll be working on another review next week on the Eachine CG022, which is going to be mini Phantom shape Quad with Headless flight control. That should be interesting.

Last edited by Heli Pad; Aug 15, 2014 at 06:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2014, 07:54 PM
In the video on that CG022 they mention Orientation flight. I think that's what Blade calls Stick Relativity on my 350 QX. The experienced guys poo-poo it but I love it with my poor eye sight. I can make a pass and at the same time be full rudder causing the quad to rotate/spin as it flies a straight line. I often fly out 300-400 feet and with this I don't need to be able to see which direction the front is facing. Last week I flew out almost 800 feet, I could not even see the quad in the sky. Brought it back and landed with no problems. Just amazing.

I talk about this on my web site http://4Props.ddns.net look in the 350 QX review. (click the top of the 2 350 QX pictures near the top of the main page).

Love this Quad technology.

Anyone read about Bluetooth enabling verbal command to be sent to the TX? The Blade 200 QX with optional props can fly inverted with the latest firmware.
Aug 15, 2014, 08:01 PM
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartambient
I was just thinking that those motors allowed you to add that extra weight. Maybe I'm wrong
I think its the nQX board that's more efficient or something. The following video is my first test of the X1 with the nQX board. I was still using stock X1 motors (and one was going bad). Also my AUW was 94g, so 4g heavier...

The new motors seem to be a little more responsive but I don't have any objective data to prove that. I had over 100 flights on my X1 motors, so I don't have any data yet on how long the new motors will last.

Syma X1 Quadcopter with Nano QX control board - Test Flight! (4 min 46 sec)
Aug 15, 2014, 08:11 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
I flew my nqx boarded x1 pretty dang high. Maybe 150-200ft. I could barely see it. And the wind was getting kinda harsh up there. So, I brought it down. But not one hint of a glitch. That is with a DX8. And I had incredible authority with the switches activating higher throws. I forget my settings, cause my brain is tired. You stay up late? You tired? Yup. Havn't been to bed yet. hahahaha. Gonna eat fried chicken and sleep like a baby tonight. hahahaha
Lee
Aug 15, 2014, 08:14 PM

1.3 gHz FPV Range Test

Earlier today, I did a range test of the FPV system on my X1. I'm currently using this one...

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1302

The test was done in the back parking lot of a local shopping center with the X1 on a stepladder, next to my car. I walked away with my ground station and watched the image until it got too fuzzy. I walked back until it was at least acceptable, I noted my position, then looked it up on Google Earth.

It looks like the acceptable range of my system is 650 feet at ground level, possibly more when the X1 is in the air.

In the near future, I'll test the 5.8gHz system I was using on my V2 X1.
Aug 15, 2014, 08:34 PM
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob215
So far, I absolutely LOVE the nQX board with the X1!! I've had ZERO signal drops, its more responsive, and I get slightly longer flight times.

As for the Jello, did you balance the props? That usually gets rid of most of it. Then, you could either try my anti-jello mount or JMEL made a nice mount with v959 skids and rubber bands.

One thing I'm finding is my mount doesn't work so well in the wind. The camera wobbles around too much. Then again, the X1 doesn't fly well in the wind either.
I misspoke when I said no jello... still a bit in there, and I'm experimenting with materials to get it out. I have moments of zero lift and zero fall where it is pristine, but then a little extra throttle or a little reduction in throttle and it's back again. I'm going to integrate your design into my setup a bit... Nice smooth video btw, and thanks for the info on the distance. I'm still waiting on my 5.8 transmitter though the receiver arrived today. I'm going to use my laptop as the screen with a usb vid capture adapter...
Aug 16, 2014, 04:47 AM
Hello all. I just bought a replacement motor for x1 and when I connected it (black wire ground, white wire +) it is spinning in wrong direction. Could it be that the manufacturer switched the wires? So my question is, is there a way to determine the correct rotation direction of motor, so that I don't damage the brushes?
Aug 16, 2014, 07:52 AM
Did the one you replaced also have black and white wires? You may he gotten the wrong rotation motor, they are coded by wire color white/black and red/blue. If you only have the one new one you can reverse the + and - but the motor likely won't last as long spinning reversed.
Aug 16, 2014, 08:22 AM
I replaced the correct motor, black/white with identical black/white spare motor.
Now, I reversed the polarity on that motor (black to + / white - ) and it flies great. But I would still like to know if there's a way of determining which rotation direction is default for the motor in question?
To clarify once more, the pair of motors that I purchased (black/white+blue/red) spin in a same direction and yes, I connected them the right way (black-/white+ and blue-/red+) when I was testing them.
Aug 16, 2014, 10:27 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
I have never thought it matters as long as the motor was new. The brushes will wear or break-in either way. You just wouldn't wanna reverse it after this. Am I wrong? I don't know. But I have taken a few apart for examination. Do they offset or angle them differently now?
Lee
Aug 16, 2014, 10:52 AM
Thread OP
The smaller the brushed motor, the more it matters.

As the fingers/brushes become smaller, thinner, and more fragile, they break much faster if the spinning direction of the motor shaft puts them in compression rather than tension.
Aug 16, 2014, 01:04 PM
Yes, definitely. I opened one earlier and the brushes are tiny, so it must be important to have it rotating the right way. So, is there a way to find out which is the correct direction without opening one?
Aug 16, 2014, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljubexns
Yes, definitely. I opened one earlier and the brushes are tiny, so it must be important to have it rotating the right way. So, is there a way to find out which is the correct direction without opening one?
The motor wires are supposed to be color coded for the proper direction. Where did you get them? I wouldn't buy from that supplier again.

I've purchased two sets of motors from micro-motor-warehouse.com and they've been great. Here's the link for the X-1 replacement motors:

http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/col...cts/cl-0720-12

Those motors are actually an upgrade from the stock motors. They come with the correct color coding but shorter wires than the stock motors. You'll need to splice the wires in the middle somewhere or run the wires on the outside of the booms and use some tape.
Aug 16, 2014, 11:19 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Can you order just one motor from them? I was told they come in sets.
Aug 16, 2014, 11:24 PM
Thread OP
4 or 10 motors.

Quick Reply