Jul 31, 2014, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
And when you do, this will be OOS, LOL!
Wow, it's been a while since I had to look up internet slang. Learning something new everyday. LOL
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2014, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDovi View Post

Either that, or go cheap again,
and for the same price - Shoot for a complete re-work station..

Choices Choices . . .
Came across this one in another thread here, just a suggestion someone threw out. Be interesting if it was any good.

http://www.thelashop.com/hot-air-smd...Fac7Mgod2FkAZg
Jul 31, 2014, 12:58 PM
Childlike Activity for Adults
I did not even "see" the OOS from HP. I am still trying to wrap my poor head around what Sam and Lee have been up to in their last few posts.
Jul 31, 2014, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrumberg View Post
I did not even "see" the OOS from HP. I am still trying to wrap my poor head around what Sam and Lee have been up to in their last few posts.
Yeah, they are not going to be OOS.
Jul 31, 2014, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Let's see, throttle stuck, thought elevator was backward, slammed it into the door. hahahahaha

Lee
Sounds like the parts survived?
Only happened twice to me when I was first setting up but full throttle on the x1 is pretty impressive.
Jul 31, 2014, 01:19 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Thread OP
Lee, for what little I know about the nQx FC, first it has to be secured, level, and free from vibration. Sounded to me that you have just violated the cardinal law about the nQx. LOL. Get back to the lab.
Jul 31, 2014, 01:28 PM
The X1 is a well thought out quad. The motors are pretty reliable. Next week if I do not have to go out of state A.K.A. "OOS" I hope to try some X1 flight tests in winds > 5 mph without a canopy. I just do not like flying over wet and tall grass without the canopy which does provide some protection from the moisture. I have not read many (or any) posts about owner/operators having had problems with moisture in this thread if one ignores the rare report of total immersion. I admit to doing that, but that was with an Alias. It's still swimming with the fishes
Jul 31, 2014, 01:29 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Yea, HP. hahaha. I broke all the rules at once. Even the dang battery was dangling. And I am susposed to know better. LOL

Lee
Jul 31, 2014, 01:32 PM
Lee nothing broke. Your quad setup did not go through the screen. All's good.
Jul 31, 2014, 01:32 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Ohh, and I considered the octo for only a few minutes. Too many problems involved with making it work. It is not like you can just stick two x1's on top of each other. Eight motors possibly pushing 2amps each is quite possibly enough to blow an FET. Not worth the risk for me at this time. hahaha
Jul 31, 2014, 02:46 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Thread OP
Octo is complicated because it is not as simple as making a Quad FC to drive 2x motors on each quadrant or just slap on a 2nd Quad FC, because there is no communication between the two FCs. You really do need a complete redesign from the ground up.

But then, instead of a 90 spread between the arms, you are now looking at 45. As the arms are closer to each other, the props needs to be shorter and you pay a penalty in thrust. Not to mention the penalty you pay in weight of the extra HW.

The key advantage of the Octo is that if one or two motor die, you'd still have a pretty good chance of flying it with the remaining motors (depending on the location of the failed motors). In the case of the Quad, if one of the four system fails, you are done!

But for the most part, we are not flying mission critical scenarios. We don't need the extra fail safe. Therefore, I'd stick with the cheaper, simpler Quad any time, any day.

Jay, before you confuse them further, "OOS" in the context was Out Of Stock, which is very typical of HK products. The soldering station that we were talking about has 7 in US and 6 in International. That's pretty low stock level.
Jul 31, 2014, 04:20 PM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDovi View Post
Rework-Station:

http://www.amazon.com/Kendal-REWORK-...dering+station

More expensive than the knock-off Hakko,
but in the same price range as the real Hakko / Weller soldering stations,
PLUS the added benefit of having hot-air..

*Shrug*
I have this particular station. for half a year now.
Does all you will ever need. Never had reflowing defective gyros been so easy.
Never working with shrink tubing was so... painless

(mine is 50C off on the low side at the hot air, though.)

-mike-
Jul 31, 2014, 05:10 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Dang it. I have to start saving soon for this re-work station. ahahahaha

Well guys. My dx8 is programmed and ready. My x1/nqx is finished and ready. My batteries are charged up. But it is windy outside. And all my furbabies are asleep. And I just don't think I have the courage to fire it up yet. ahahahahaha.
I know it is gona be perfect. And I can handle it if it is not. But the anticipation is high. And I like that. So, I think I will wait a little longer to fire it up again. LOL

Lee
Jul 31, 2014, 05:39 PM
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"

808 Camera Anti-Jello Mount #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrumberg View Post
Great work Rob. Thanks for sharing. Is there a picture of your latest anti-vibration 808 mount available? I have not seen it or maybe I have and I did not recognize it for what it was.

Jay
Here you go...

This is the same as the #4 mount I used in the video. The only difference is, I cut the rubber bands to 55mm instead of 64mm. If you wanted to tilt the camera down a little, you could simply cut one rubber band shorter than the other.
Jul 31, 2014, 05:41 PM
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
So if I understand this correctly, you cut the rubberband to make it into a strip, and then just glued it down? can you snap another pic with it assembled and maybe another angle?

Quick Reply