Thread Tools
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:23 AM
ArchillesElbow is offline
Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim1357 View Post
Cool I have an H36 board and some motors and props on the way. Going to make the lightest fpv quad I can. Hope to get a lighter and better camera and build a cloverleaf for the tx.

Back on topic, I really hope someone is reverse engineering the software on the X1. I want more cyclic!
I have tried direct drives for fpv using micro quad set ups... I even tried using a direct drive 8mm motor and the best in terms of carrying seems to be the geared way (as u can drive bigger props).. The lightest I have gone to is 76g with a 1g camera.... And two flight batteries.. Full range antenna (Linear circular polarized) and 200mw vtx... That gives me around 10 mins of fpv...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:33 PM
variantman is offline
Find More Posts by variantman
Registered User
Holy hell. I finally got to test the X1 outside. The stability of this thing puts my V949 to shame. It looks great without any sort of canopy or modding, and those white blades/feet are very visible. That surprised me. The flips were tighter than my V949, as well. And it may be a tad faster.. We'll have to see how much the gws improves my older quad though.

My only complaint is how sluggish it is to changing direction. It almost caused me to get it caught in a tree because it just won't brake/stop like my other quads.

Will using the Turnigy tx make it snappier to changing direction and braking???
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:53 PM
RoboHeli is offline
Find More Posts by RoboHeli
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post

My only complaint is how sluggish it is to changing direction. It almost caused me to get it caught in a tree because it just won't brake/stop like my other quads.

Will using the Turnigy tx make it snappier to changing direction and braking???
No. At least as far as I have found. Even on 125% d/r and negative expo this quad just does not change its roll and pitch very fast. There is no difference between the t9x and stock tx in that regard.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:03 PM
Heli Pad is offline
Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Variantman, do you have a T9x? If so, please try it and report back. Because I said it in my initial review, using Daryoon's T9x turned this X1 into a different bird! I don't have a quad model on my T9x and I haven't flown it that much since. Robo's impression is different than mine. Perhaps more samples would help us better understand this.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:04 PM
variantman is offline
Find More Posts by variantman
Registered User
Ah, dang. This thing could of been the perfect mini. Still a great bargain for the price.

Just checked my mailbox and got my gws props in. I wonder if it will make my V949 fly as well as the X1.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:07 PM
variantman is offline
Find More Posts by variantman
Registered User
I don't have a T9x. My X1 has the red board, if that makes any difference. I would say it flies as well as a "real" quad, if not for the delayed stopping.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:07 PM
reptileman is offline
Find More Posts by reptileman
Registered User
Just got one of these it's ok but the trims seem like they don't hardly adjust much?

mine floats off to the right but even when i use the trim it don't do much even if trimming all the way on any of the trims it seems like it's a very little bit of adjustment you have.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:20 PM
RoboHeli is offline
Find More Posts by RoboHeli
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Variantman, do you have a T9x? If so, please try it and report back. Because I said it in my initial review, using Daryoon's T9x turned this X1 into a different bird! I don't have a quad model on my T9x and I haven't flown it that much since. Robo's impression is different than mine. Perhaps more samples would help us better understand this.
Can you send me the eepe model that you used? I really want to see if performs differently...
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:27 PM
Heli Pad is offline
Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
I don't have one. I have been asking Daryoon to send me his. He hasn't gotten around to it. He has many projects on his bench. I just gave him some more this morning. Hehe.. You could Email him, and if you gets it, reroute it to me please.

Did you also say that the motors run hot on your X1? Mine don't.

Daryoon doesn't have an X1 Quad. He did receive an X1 Rx. He put it on his V949, and it is the most tame Quad you would ever find. We believe the gear ratio in the V949 was the reason. Guess my x1 and Daryoon's T9x was still the best surprised combo. Wish more x1/t9x owners out there could give me more inputs.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:03 PM
RoboHeli is offline
Find More Posts by RoboHeli
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I don't have one. I have been asking Daryoon to send me his. He hasn't gotten around to it. He has many projects on his bench. I just gave him some more this morning. Hehe.. You could Email him, and if you gets it, reroute it to me please.

Did you also say that the motors run hot on your X1? Mine don't.

Daryoon doesn't have an X1 Quad. He did receive an X1 Rx. He put it on his V949, and it is the most tame Quad you would ever find. We believe the gear ratio in the V949 was the reason. Guess my x1 and Daryoon's T9x was still the best surprised combo. Wish more x1/t9x owners out there could give me more inputs.


Very weird. I would like to try your x1. Maybe next time I'm in San Diego...
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:07 PM
Heli Pad is offline
Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Programming my X1 to fly to you... Hahaha.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:45 PM
ArchillesElbow is offline
Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Registered User
So I received the x1 board today..
Plugged it into a v929 frame with gws 5443 props and controlled via a 9x...
Didn't have much time so couldnt fly it outside...indoor flight was very stable... A bit sluggish to change direction but not extremely slow to change direction.. Need to test a bit outdoors... Motors seem to run much faster (v929 motors)... Infact I had one older motor on the frame.. With the v929 board this wasnt a problem.. The quad didn't need additional trimming to compensate.. On the x1 board..(only the board changed) that motor could be seen as always lagging behind,, as if the board couldn't compensate and had to be trimmed out... More testing tomorrow.. Before the fpv kit goes on
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:47 PM
stbknox is offline
Find More Posts by stbknox
Registered User
I need some help, just got my X1 today. On the controller the right stick stays centered and if you push it forward or sideways it snaps back to center which seems to be the way it should operate. The left stick stays wherever you move it, doesnt snap back to center. Is this the way it supposed to work or is something broke on the left stick?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:08 PM
slim1357 is offline
Find More Posts by slim1357
Registered User
slim1357's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbknox View Post
I need some help, just got my X1 today. On the controller the right stick stays centered and if you push it forward or sideways it snaps back to center which seems to be the way it should operate. The left stick stays wherever you move it, doesnt snap back to center. Is this the way it supposed to work or is something broke on the left stick?
The left stick should have no spring loading on the y axis (throttle) and spring loaded to center on the x axis (yaw).
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:09 PM
Daryoon is offline
Find More Posts by Daryoon
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
The left stick is responsible for yaw (left and right) and throttle (up and down)

Yaw should spring back. Throttle should not.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Syma 2012 new publish, syma X1, S800G, S107C,S036G,what's better wjh041 Coaxial Helicopters 9 Jun 20, 2013 04:07 AM
New Product Syma X1 Quadcopter Spare Parts wjh041 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 1 Nov 03, 2012 06:55 PM