Dec 28, 2012, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
New Product

mars parachutes

we just released our parachute system please let me know what you guys think.
marsparachutes.com
Last edited by jamesmars; Dec 28, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2012, 06:13 PM
Thread OP

pic

here is a pic of it
Dec 28, 2012, 10:03 PM
we are so happy you guys are local to us we are excited to be a dealer for you guys your systems are solid and test good.
Dec 29, 2012, 05:50 AM
Learn to fly with thumb..
Hi,

Can you increase the size of parachute in order to avoid "hard" crash ?
Dec 29, 2012, 06:31 AM
The price is a bit above the complete cost of all multicopters I have...
Dec 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
It looks like a fairly well thought out system. All of the demos show deployment from a nice stable copter, which is valid if you lose orientation, or if it deploys automatically via failsafe if you go out of range.

It would be more interesting to me to a demo where one motor of a quad is killed in flight to simulate a real failure, then deploy the chute as it's flipping out of control toward the ground. Your spring launch may in fact work for that condition, and I'm sure you'll sell a lot more chutes if you can demonstrate that it does.

Cheers,
Rusty
Dec 29, 2012, 02:47 PM
Thread OP

Thank You

Thank you for all the input you guys. We were thinking of a bigger parachute but we decided to just run multiple systems as this also had the benefit of redundancy. Also we have let the multirotor fall but it just wobbles back and forth. Here was one of our tests like that. But we will try to get a flip and downward deployment for you.
(1 min 6 sec)
Dec 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Looks like it comes down a bit too fast!
How would that work for Heavy Lifters?
There will be different parachute sizes or just add more units to the frame?
Dec 30, 2012, 03:50 PM
Nice try, but sorry way over priced and massively under devolped, Parachute is way too small..
Dec 31, 2012, 07:26 AM
The Ottoman Flyer
Why does a PVC tube with a servo attached to a lid and a spring cost 500 bucks?
Dec 31, 2012, 07:47 AM
I am amazed at the lack of development in this area. I think you have made a start which is more than most, but even from a business perspective no one will pay $500 to save there $900 quad. The pro AP guys will pay that and probably more for one that will hold there 7Kg and above rigs.
You also cannot have just a manually operated system, it needs it's own power source as a battery failure might be a time you really need it, it needs to have logic circuit in case of transmission failure so it will deploy and cut the engines if it determines there is no chance of a successful landing. I can assure you these type of features will be what the authorities will ask for. It's start but you need to post data on weights/ decent speeds etc etc
Dec 31, 2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1
I am amazed at the lack of development in this area. I think you have made a start which is more than most, but even from a business perspective no one will pay $500 to save there $900 quad. The pro AP guys will pay that and probably more for one that will hold there 7Kg and above rigs.
You also cannot have just a manually operated system, it needs it's own power source as a battery failure might be a time you really need it, it needs to have logic circuit in case of transmission failure so it will deploy and cut the engines if it determines there is no chance of a successful landing. I can assure you these type of features will be what the authorities will ask for. It's start but you need to post data on weights/ decent speeds etc etc
+1 couldn't agree more, it's a start... But asking $500 for a soda can, spring and a 9g servo is daylight robbery and anyone will to pay that has more money then sense!!

It needs loads more development, bigger shout and a better understanding to why yours swings and descends so quickly.. I could tell you the answers, but then I'd be doing your job for you
Dec 31, 2012, 08:20 AM
The quick descent detection is a $20 board with an MCU, accelerometers and some lines of code.
But you add a complete motors cutoff, must be sure that props really don' spin when you deploy parachute, else the risk of one prop cutting the strings is very big.
Dec 31, 2012, 10:23 AM
We sent email to them about the need for a slow descent system for heavy lifters if at that price point with automatic fail safe as you guys have posted.

There are more companies working on these types of systems. It will be an exciting year for sure in this area.
Dec 31, 2012, 10:49 AM
LoS sUAS AP/V is not a crime
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts
There are more companies working on these types of systems. It will be an exciting year for sure in this area.
Like H.King. They will have this system available next month for $9.99.

Quick Reply