Mar 19, 2013, 08:43 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayinInTheParK
Done a little balancing just sitting things together ,it's going to be well over budget with the weight ,looking at 850 to 900 grams RTF
Who cares! Just fly it, man!! It looks amazing and I'm sure it will perform great.

After this much effort, you owe it to yourself to see how the basic design works. Remember the original Le Fish weighed 38oz and had a wingloading around 10-11oz/sq.ft. I flew the snot out of that thing, as did many others with their own that were as heavy if not heavier, and it was great.

You can always work on building one lighter in the future, for now, IMHO, you deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labors. Have fun!!

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2013, 01:10 PM
Closed Account
Just to ease your worries a bit; here's a 74 inch swiss fish peter and I built that came out to about 31 or 32 ounces. It still flew great in the light stuff, and I imagine something as clean as your fluid can only perform even better.

(3 min 0 sec)

Justin
Mar 19, 2013, 04:57 PM
Silent Flight
Did I miss the post where Shane said he wasn't going to build this one out? Breath folks, breath!

Looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work.

-Jonathan
Mar 20, 2013, 10:32 AM
It's GoTime all the Time
Nice.... Smoooooth
Mar 23, 2013, 05:32 PM
608 km/h!
That's not a glider- that's art!
Mar 23, 2013, 08:27 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18
+1!

Steve
Mar 23, 2013, 09:59 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18
Did You mean D art?
Beautiful dart
Yuri
Mar 25, 2013, 09:18 AM
less sleep more planes
Thread OP
Great to see other people excited about this plane.
The fiddle is extreme with these cams and the twisty wing mech ,getting all the linkages to work together has taken a lot of thinking .The first thing i built for this plane was a mad cam just to see how good it was then ,i designed the plane around these ,everything is falling into place with just a few things i didn't count on.
As for the overall weight ,under 1 kg, for this wingspan and wing area is good i think,it's going to need some to store up energy to punch through patchy lift and give some snap to the snappy type stuff.This one is leaning towards the aerobat much more than ultrabat .

Alloy ball links are light and strong

Tail mad cams, one needs a perfect square hole to engage the stab other will be glued onto the rudder

Full flap brake

Looking to test fly down the park this weekend proper flight Sunday
Mar 25, 2013, 12:06 PM
Silent Flight
If it rains or if there's no wind this weekend, I guess we all know who to blame now.

Totally kinda kidding. . Best of luck!

-Jonathan
Mar 25, 2013, 02:53 PM
Auzzie built planks
Bugger... I'll be in hervey bay.

Tim
Latest blog entry: More colours
Mar 25, 2013, 03:37 PM
Slopeaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayinInTheParK
Great to see other people excited about this plane.
The fiddle is extreme with these cams and the twisty wing mech ,getting all the linkages to work together has taken a lot of thinking .The first thing i built for this plane was a mad cam just to see how good it was then ,i designed the plane around these ,everything is falling into place with just a few things i didn't count on.
As for the overall weight ,under 1 kg, for this wingspan and wing area is good i think,it's going to need some to store up energy to punch through patchy lift and give some snap to the snappy type stuff.This one is leaning towards the aerobat much more than ultrabat .

Alloy ball links are light and strong

Tail mad cams, one needs a perfect square hole to engage the stab other will be glued onto the rudder

Full flap brake

Looking to test fly down the park this weekend proper flight Sunday
Looking forward to see an assembled pic.
Those ailerons are voltij-esque... The roll rate is gonna manic !
Mar 26, 2013, 12:30 AM
Planes dress doors...
Those aren't for rolling! They're for stopping! Remember it's a twisty wing :-D
Mar 26, 2013, 12:36 AM
It flies!
Exciting Shane!!!! Can't wait to see it fly. Will you be going to Bald Knob?

The mixing possibilities for this plane could do your head in......
Mar 26, 2013, 06:17 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Porter
Those aren't for rolling! They're for stopping! Remember it's a twisty wing :-D
Haha, that's the best part: not only does this plane have a wild fuse shape, and Mad stab and rudder, but it's got twisty wings and flaperons! So many neat ideas in this build

Steve
Mar 26, 2013, 08:39 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
Haha, that's the best part: not only does this plane have a wild fuse shape, and Mad stab and rudder, but it's got twisty wings and flaperons! So many neat ideas in this build
Come to think of it I'm a bit thirsty actually... could someone have the Fluid make me a cup of tea please? What, it doesn't do it?!! Shocking...

Quick Reply