Dec 29, 2012, 03:45 PM
Everything's A Compromise
Subscribed
Unlike anything I've started, we know we'll get to see this project completed. Go Shane
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2012, 03:54 PM
SORHinc
Fantastic project thanks for posting.
What are the final dimensions going to be?
Dec 29, 2012, 04:09 PM
Auzzie built planks
Just beautiful Shane. Great work.

Tim
Latest blog entry: More colours
Dec 29, 2012, 04:56 PM
FSD
FSD
Definite Flight Risk
What an impressive project. It is so far beyond my experience. I will be following this and hope I can learn from your efforts. 21 oz. is going to be a challenge...but perhaps it can be done.

-P
Latest blog entry: Flow 3.5 Maiden With Aeros
Dec 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
Auzzie built planks
I hope Shane doesnt mind a hijack....
All his work is incredible...Also his 3m v-bagged thermal glider is 1kg or something silly light.
This is his last project..

SCHIZZLE DS (1 min 11 sec)
Dec 29, 2012, 10:59 PM
Time to burn up some wind yo!
This thing looks very unique man it looks good, definately subbed and can't wait to see the final product, damn there are some nice planes getting around these days!!!
Dec 30, 2012, 01:14 AM
Silent Flight
Very cool! Subscribed indeed.

-Jonathan
Dec 30, 2012, 04:38 PM
DS= -$ & :-)
Love it Shane! Subscribed.
Jan 01, 2013, 01:43 AM
Planes dress doors...
Nice work Shane! Looks great ;-D
Jan 01, 2013, 08:38 PM
Brettski
Looks fantastic Shane!

I've subscribed for the ride.

Brett
Jan 02, 2013, 12:23 AM
just a rumour
Very interesting!
Jan 02, 2013, 05:29 AM
less sleep more planes
Thread OP
Forgot to show the canopy mold ,main mold will be bladder pressed seams ,you can see the entry to the bladder where the canopy go's on ,canopy mold has got slots to allow for something to pat them down.

I have to work out a way to locate the canopy on the fuse ,i want to hold it on with magnets if possible .?
Jan 02, 2013, 10:55 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
I love this build! What beautiful work!! Very stoked to see it proceed.

Re: magnets for canopies: I'd recommend making sure to keep at least one locator pin, and/or a lip around the cockpit coaming or similar canopy-locating strategy in conjunction with the magnets.

Sized appropriately, rare earth / neodymium magnets will hold extremely well against tension forces, but - unless there's something to keep them aligned - they do not resist shear forces very well at all.

I would plan to use four magnets total, with a pair at the front and a pair at the rear of the canopy. One half of each pair goes in the canopy, the other half goes in the fuselage.

But, given your demonstrated build skills, I really doubt I'm telling you anything you don't already know!

Steve
Jan 02, 2013, 02:09 PM
Auzzie built planks
Wow....very nice Shane. Can not wait to test fly it for you..

Tim
Jan 02, 2013, 02:12 PM
.....till the wind drops.

Niiiiice!!

WoW!
Your workmanship is first class!!
Keep us entertained!

Quick Reply