This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 28, 2012, 03:21 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tablet rover reality

Tablet rovers (3 min 17 sec)

Now that was a disappointing rover. There are too many bits & not enough bandwidth, but instead of dropping packets, it buffers packets when the reception goes down. It seems to buffer on the tablet side only. Controls lag more & more, but video never seems to lag. Disabling video improves matters, slightly. Trying to disable buffering with java.net.DatagramSocket.setSendBufferSize didn't do anything.

The AR Drone solved this issue. It could be a more powerful, custom radio, but they still have to make due with the tablet buffering.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2013, 02:02 AM
Hi, Jack.

I have really bad experience with C&CC WL-294 USB WiFi interface. I ordered a cheap chinese Android tablet that had one of these stuffed in, but the reception was so bad, that the tablet was only useful in the range of up to 5 meters from WRT-54GL router. A colleague made me a small patch antenna that I used to replace the small chip antenna, that comes on WL-294 (http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/3664...ost__p__174728) and the difference was more than noticeable.
Last edited by NeoTO; Jan 02, 2013 at 02:16 AM.

Quick Reply