Apr 08, 2014, 10:11 AM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37
I tried the transmitters that talk and the ones prior. They are built cheaper for sure. My friends have success with them but nothing feels as good and programs as well as a JR. Look inside and you can notice very quickly that the JR's use quality parts.

I too am bumbed out that we were thrown to the dogs. Just a deal on new receivers would have made the difference for me, like send in your old and get your new for X number of dollars. Until then I will use my 11X. I fear the F brand transmitters programming.

I am not a business man but I think they lost a bunch of money by not keeping the 9503 styling and upgrading the electronics. Oh well that probably has been said hundreds of times.
If it was DSMX compatible I'd have two XG14s now.

Too many aircraft and receivers with DSM2/X to even think about changing protocols.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2014, 02:52 PM
They have a module type XG11. You would need three modules to serve any need, the DMSS module, 2.4 module, probably like the ones used on the 10X and 9303's and a basic fm module we all remember so well.

Really does not intrigue me but it's there.

Wonder what the penalty would be using that system??
Last edited by Hoosier37; Apr 08, 2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: word change
Apr 08, 2014, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
Gentlemen:

The posts on the last page or so are straying from the thread's topic which is version two firmware for the JR 11X 24. General comments and opinions about JR, its transmitters and protocol would be better put on the following threads.

JR XG11 Owner's Thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1718455
JR XG6, XG8, XG11 in USA!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1633070
JR's New 28X
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2072722
XG14 DMSS System - JR Americas
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1921242

Allan
Apr 08, 2014, 06:29 PM
You are correct, sorry. Just kinda wondered what 11X users were thinking.
Apr 09, 2014, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackermen
It's a shame that a $200 transmitter is beating the pants off (feature wise) of $1.5-2k transmitters now a days.
I am getting very spoiled by the voice alerts on my (name of Celtic deity). My 11x feels wonderful in my hands and the gimbals are buttery smooth, better than the Celtic deity radio, but technology wise it has been trumped.
Apr 09, 2014, 07:00 PM
Converting O2 to CO2
Anyone try Hawk RC gimbal stick on their 11x/xg11 ? Or any other aftermaket sticks?

Apr 09, 2014, 11:41 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ
Anyone try Hawk RC gimbal stick on their 11x/xg11 ? Or any other aftermaket sticks?

Haven't tried those Hawk RC sticks but have these on mine.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rt_JR_TX_.html

They give better grip when thumb flying.
Last edited by Rob2160; Apr 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM.
Apr 14, 2014, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus
I am getting very spoiled by the voice alerts on my (name of Celtic deity). My 11x feels wonderful in my hands and the gimbals are buttery smooth, better than the Celtic deity radio, but technology wise it has been trumped.
My transmitter that talks just said" good bye" to me. Nothing beats JR transmitters.
Apr 17, 2014, 02:01 PM
Thread OP
Version 0002-0103 firmware for the JR 11X2.4 has been posted on the JR Americas website. It is called 11X2P4_V0002-0103.ZIP and can be found at http://www.jramericas.com/service_ce...rmware+Updates

A binary file comparison of it and the 103 firmware sent out by JR Americas earlier shows no difference. The zip file does contain the instructions for loading the firmware that was previously on the Horizon website.

Allan
Apr 30, 2014, 03:35 PM
Hello Guys, news from my TX.

Just now I received my radio (low budget this month), and the new "encoder board" came with the version 0001-0103. I'm thinking if I'll try to update again.

The tech guy from reseller told me that the JR tech support told to him to don't use the SANDISK flashcard because the JR hardware don't communicate well with Sandisk flashcard...

This explain a lot...

I crashed my "encoder board" when I was flashing the new firmware and I was using a Sandisk 2GB flashcard...

I don't know if this is true or not, but next time...
I'll not use a Sandisk flashcard.

Best regards,

Reinaldo
Apr 30, 2014, 07:08 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrok
Hello Guys, news from my TX.

Just now I received my radio (low budget this month), and the new "encoder board" came with the version 0001-0103. I'm thinking if I'll try to update again.

The tech guy from reseller told me that the JR tech support told to him to don't use the SANDISK flashcard because the JR hardware don't communicate well with Sandisk flashcard...

This explain a lot...

I crashed my "encoder board" when I was flashing the new firmware and I was using a Sandisk 2GB flashcard...

I don't know if this is true or not, but next time...
I'll not use a Sandisk flashcard.

Best regards,

Reinaldo
Glad to hear you got your radio back and good luck with the next update attempt.

This info about Sandisk does make sense, I also noticed some of my Sandisk SD cards don't work for doing firmware updates. (I have Futaba, JR and Spektrum and have updated them all)

I now use only the SD card that came with my DX8 as it seems 100% reliable. (Just 128 Mb)
May 07, 2014, 12:00 AM
Blew out my flip flop
I was looking around to see what updates were available and what they did for us, because I recently read somewhere that the newest dx-18 update gives them 250 model memories, with only the used ones shown in the selection menu, AND the ability to sort and rearrange them according to your needs. I'd love to see even 50 models available. If I do update, I wont lose my dsm compatability will I?
May 07, 2014, 02:25 AM
Thread OP
The version two software update has no effect on the transmission protocol. Your transmitter remains as it is, either DSM2 or DSMX. The update enriches the options you have in the programming but it also enlarges the amount of material that you have to go through to get what you need. If you don't need the extra options, you should consider sticking to version one software.

To see what the extras are, download the XG11 manual. Certain manual sections are not applicable such as telemetry, stick mode, and failsafe. Otherwise, the version two software for the JR11X is identical to the XG11. The timer programming as described in the manual is now obsolete. It has been upgraded on both the XG11 and the version two software to give more choices for the start and stop switches.

Regarding the number of model memories, it remains the same. There are thirty active memories and the SD card can store an immense number more.

Allan
May 10, 2014, 02:07 PM
AWorrest- Again I want to thank you for the mix information to get my throttle on a switch! Used it for the first time yesterday and by the second flight I was getting used to it and really like it.
I need to increase slightly the launch power from say 50% to about 65% can I do that in the second mix by increasing the top number of POS0 to say 115 or 120% without messing up the full throttle position.
Hope that makes sense
May 11, 2014, 03:11 AM
Thread OP

Alternate Sailplane Throttle Control Using ACRO

Skip,

On the JR XG11 Owner's Thread you asked how to set up a three-position switch for throttle control for a sailplane using the ACRO configuration. The program I presented uses the natural values (-100%, 0%, and 100%) for a three-position switch. The low, mid and high throttle settings are interrelated. The mid throttle setting can be changed by changing the THRO SUB TRIM to a higher value. But if you change the SUB TRIM, then the THRO's lower and upper TRAVEL ADJ values must be changed to keep them at 0% and 100%.

Later you asked, " . . . the throttle switch I set it up on the EleSW as it is easy to reach...am curious is there a way to make the switch 0 in the center position 50% in the down position and 100% in the away position?"

Let's start from the beginning. The first two paragraphs below, with some parenthetical remarks added, is a repeat of my original post. The following paragraph for program mix #2 is revised. After that everything else is new.

In ACRO, you probably will wish to use the throttle channel for the motor but have the throttle stick inhibited. This will allow the use of a smart failsafe only receiver for the motor and the throttle stick can be used for some other purpose. To do this, in (the first) normal program mix set up THR+ -> THRO. In the THR+ definitely include the throttle trim. (The included THRO CUT can be excluded as it isn't used. The other three items should be set to be included.) Set both high and low POS0 rates to -100%, the offset to -170 and no select switches on. If things work correctly, moving the throttle stick and throttle trim will not move the throttle cursor off the -100% mark in the MONITOR menu. (This mix disables the throttle stick and sets the throttle position to zero when neither of the two program mixes below are applicable.)

Next pick an unused channel in the DEVICE SELECT and designate the three-position switch of your choice as that channel's device. Set the device output to INH. For example if you chose the AUX6 channel and wish to use the ELEV SW for the motor control, set AUX6 [DEVICE] to ELEV SW and AUX6[OUT] to INH.

In (a second) normal program mix set up AUX6 -> THRO. (Major changes start here!) Set the POS1 high rate to +100%. Set the other three rates to 0%. Set the OFFSET to -170. Set only the ELEV(0) select switch to on or P1 in the SW SEL submenu, all the others are off. This program mix sets the throttle to 100% when the elevator switch is up.

In a third program mix set up another AUX6 -> THRO. Set the POS1 low rate to -50%. Set rest of the rates to 0%. Set the OFFSET to +170. Set only ELEV(2) select switch to on or P1 in the SW SEL submenu, all the others are off. Note the difference in the POS1 rates, offset polarity and select switch from the program mix above. This mix sets the throttle to 50% when the elevator switch is down. You can change the power setting for the ELEV SW in the down position by changing POS1 low rate. Making this change will not change the zero or 100% settings.

At this point you should have the throttle settings you requested. For safety, several other items should be implemented.

If you don't have an expensive ESC that ramps the motor speed up and down, you should use the transmitter's SERVO SPEED menu to ramp the THRO channel. It is hard on propellers, motors and the airframe to abruptly turn the motor on and off as a switch normally does. Verify that it says POS 0 above the SW SEL. If it doesn't, highlight the POS1 and push the selector roller bar. There are two groups of servo speed settings, POS0 and POS1. Set the two THRO delays for the POS0 group to something like 1 second. Make sure all the select switches in the SW SEL are off. Otherwise, the POS1 settings may become active. You know which set is active by looking at the message on the top of the screen. It reads, "SERVO SPEED >" followed by either POS0 or POS1. Observing the MONITOR menu, you can see the slower change in the throttle settings as you move the ELEV SW.

As a safety measure, use the WARNING menu in the system list to prevent the motor coming on when you first turn the transmitter on and the ELEV SW is not in position 1.

Using a switch as you prescribed is a hard way of doing business. It is a lot easier to use a back lever in conjunction with a switch. What I use on my electric sailplanes is the AUX3 LV (left back slider) for throttle control and the GEAR SW as the (safety) throttle hold switch.

To set it up in ACRO, first disable the throttle stick using a program mix as before.

In a program mix set up LLVR -> THRO. Set both POS0 rates to +100%. Set the OFFSET to -170 and make sure all the select switches are off.

In the THRO HOLD menu set the INH under the top message, "THRO HOLD" to ACT. Set the throttle hold position. Set the select switch to GEAR(1). The default select switch is MIX(1) which is reset to off.

Go to the SERVO SPEED menu and delay the throttle response as done above.

With this setup there is no need to use AUX6 in the DEVICE SEL. menu.

Allan
May 11, 2014, 10:15 AM
WOW thanks so much Allan...that is why I love RC Groups...so many good guys with so much knowledge...cuts the learning curve down quite a bit...will read and digest all you have written and start experimenting
May 11, 2014, 11:30 PM
Hello people!
I have purchased a JR 11X in flight mode 2 and need to change flight mode 1. Unfortunately I can not find how to change my radio to 1, the function "stick mode" is not available on the 11x.
Can you help me?

Sincerely, Luis.
May 12, 2014, 02:26 AM
Thread OP
It is not possible to completely change a mode 2 JR11X to mode 1without returning it to the distributor. The problem is that the transmitter has an analog throttle trim rather than a digital. The analog trim has to be physically relocated to the right side for mode 1. As I recall, software version 0002-0100 allowed partial switching. The stick functions could be changed but the throttle trim remained on the left side and the elevator trim on the right.

One other problem IIRC, changing the stick mode on one model didn't apply to all the other models. Changing the software so the transmitter defaults to mode 1 is something the distributor can do but not the user. The stick mode menu was removed in version 0002-0103.

If you have version 0002-0100 software, the stick mode menu was either standing alone in the system list or a part of the TX SETTING menu.

Allan
Last edited by AWorrest; May 12, 2014 at 02:43 AM.
May 25, 2014, 08:46 PM
AWorrest, The indoor flyer UMX Extra has the new set up where the receiver reacts to keep it in a steady flight to keep the plane flying straight. It has three flight modes for knife edge etc. The receiver uses channel 5 which is controlled by the the gear switch to change to the different flight modes. Channel 5 is the gear channel on most receivers. Since most transmitters have the gear switch as a two position switch we can only use two of the three modes. I guess the newer Spektrums have a three way gear switch. OK so on an 11X how can I select a three way switch to control the gear channel 5 on the receiver in the UMX and not use the gear switch. Or a mix if that is the way. Thanks.
May 25, 2014, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorrest
It is not possible to completely change a mode 2 JR11X to mode 1without returning it to the distributor. The problem is that the transmitter has an analog throttle trim rather than a digital. ...

Allan
It depends on the model. Not all JR11X came with analogue throttle trim.

Regards

Acrow
May 26, 2014, 02:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
. . . OK so on an 11X how can I select a three way switch to control the gear channel 5 on the receiver in the UMX and not use the gear switch. Or a mix if that is the way. Thanks.
You aren't limited to using the GEAR SW to control the GEAR channel on the JR 11X. Go to the DEVICE SELECT menu in the System list, highlight the switch under [DEVICE] for the GEAR channel and press the selector bar. Among other choices, there are six three-position switches and two trims configured as a three-position switch that can be used to control the channel. The only possible problem is the signal level. By default, the outputs are -100%, 0%, and +100%. I would suggest you pick one of the three-position switches and see if it works.

Allan
May 26, 2014, 02:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrow
It depends on the model. Not all JR11X came with analogue throttle trim.

Regards

Acrow
I was speaking strictly of the JR 11X sold through Horizon Hobby and later by JR Americas. Every JR 11X I've seen or read of from these two sources has analog throttle trim. The XG11 and JR transmitters similar to the JR 11X that are sold outside of the US do have digital throttle trim which makes converting from mode 2 to mode 1 possible.

I'm curios to know where you can obtain a JR 11X with digital throttle trim inside the US.

Allan
Jun 24, 2014, 09:17 AM
Team Armattan

JR11X New $299 at Model Flight

Just received an email from Modelflight (an Australian Store)

They are selling both Mode 1 and Mode 2 JR 11X versions new for just $299.

Transmitter only but still a bargain for this great radio.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/radios...ly-mode-1.html

http://www.modelflight.com.au/radios...ly-mode-2.html

I remember seeing these in stores for over $1000 when they first appeared and I paid over $600 for mine.
Jun 24, 2014, 09:53 AM

depressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160

I remember seeing these in stores for over $1000 when they first appeared and I paid over $600 for mine.
Believe I paid around 800 bucks for mine urrggg
Jun 25, 2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks Rob2160... I'll ask about the international delivery... Lets see...

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160

Jun 28, 2014, 11:17 AM
The original Flybaby
im keen in getting a jr 11x , but are they compatable with the orange rx receivers? hk sells . most of my planes have these atm , i dont want to buy extra receivers and gear if i can help it.
Jun 28, 2014, 12:05 PM
Yes, if you get an 11X transmitter with DSM2 or ideally DSMX it will work with everything that's Spektrum compatible.
Jun 28, 2014, 12:40 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybaby747
im keen in getting a jr 11x , but are they compatable with the orange rx receivers? hk sells . most of my planes have these atm , i dont want to buy extra receivers and gear if i can help it.
If the Orange Receivers are DSM2 or DSMX compatible then the JR11X will work fine with them. (Orange also make Futaba FASST compatible receivers. These will not work with the 11X)
Jul 20, 2014, 02:49 PM
Allan,
I do not fly heli's but a friend of mine has an 11X and he does. He cannot figure out how to get 5 steps in his pitch curve. He can only see two. Thought maybe you could help him. He thinks the 11x cannot do what he wants it to do.

He also wants a throttle cut to work for him off a switch so it will cut his engine no matter where his throttle is set. He says it can only work when his throttle is at 10% or lower. Would appreciate help to save him his sanity. Thank you.
Jul 20, 2014, 04:54 PM
As a heli flyer here are my suggestions:

Go to the appropriate pitch curve. Move collective to the point where want to add a point. The fourth button on the left side of the screen will now say "STOR" for store. Press it to create the point.
If you want to remove an added point, move collective to the point. The fourth button on the left side of the screen will now say "ERAS" for erase.

You can do this in each flight mode. The same procedure applies to throttle curves.

With regard to "Throttle Cut", just use the throttle hold function. It will work in every flight mode.

Regards

Acrow
Last edited by Acrow; Jul 20, 2014 at 07:41 PM.
Jul 20, 2014, 07:44 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Allan,
I do not fly heli's but a friend of mine has an 11X and he does. He cannot figure out how to get 5 steps in his pitch curve. He can only see two. Thought maybe you could help him. He thinks the 11x cannot do what he wants it to do.

He also wants a throttle cut to work for him off a switch so it will cut his engine no matter where his throttle is set. He says it can only work when his throttle is at 10% or lower. Would appreciate help to save him his sanity. Thank you.
This video might help, As Acrow mentioned, you will see the Add or DEL in the bottom left of the screen. Just put the throttle or pitch where you want it and press add, to add a point. Or Del to delete that point.

JR11X settings for Governor mode use (2 min 28 sec)
Jul 20, 2014, 08:45 PM
That's a big help on adding points on the pitch curve.
A perfect 45 is ideal, but on spool up. I want less neg pitch till I hit idle 1
Thanks guys

I've seen a few guys use the trainer switch for throttle cut (0%).
My only works at low stick. Would like to see it work in any position.
I use throttle hold for auto's.
Use the throttle trim for setting the idle.
Thanks
Chips
Jul 21, 2014, 03:07 AM
Thread OP
Of the three programming configurations, I'm least familiar with HELI. Ninety percent of my models are programmed in ACRO or GLID. ACRO and Rob2160 have a better grasp of HELI programming than I. It does appear that THRO CUT in the THRO TRIM acts the same in HELI as it does in ACRO. It doesn't kick in until the stick is brought back. For that reason I favor using THRO HOLD over THRO CUT.

If the THRO HOLD is being used for other purposes, you can use a program mix of THR# -> THRO for a DIY throttle cut. I can't say what all should be included in the master channel as I haven't programmed helis much. But set the mix to -100%. The OFFSET will determine what the hold position is. An offset of -170 will bring the throttle down to -100%. Pick a select switch for the throttle cut as the heli's program mixes are on by default.

Allan
Last edited by AWorrest; Jul 21, 2014 at 03:14 AM.
Sep 04, 2014, 09:28 PM
Quote:
It is not possible to completely change a mode 2 JR11X to mode 1without returning it to the distributor. The problem is that the transmitter has an analog throttle trim rather than a digital. The analog trim has to be physically relocated to the right side for mode 1. As I recall, software version 0002-0100 allowed partial switching. The stick functions could be changed but the throttle trim remained on the left side and the elevator trim on the right.

One other problem IIRC, changing the stick mode on one model didn't apply to all the other models. Changing the software so the transmitter defaults to mode 1 is something the distributor can do but not the user. The stick mode menu was removed in version 0002-0103.

If you have version 0002-0100 software, the stick mode menu was either standing alone in the system list or a part of the TX SETTING menu.

Allan
So does anyone know where I can download version 0002-0100. I currently have version 0002-0103 and need to change from mode 1 to mode 2 but don't have the stick mode option listed in system settings.
Maybe someone could email me version 0002-0100 if they still have it.

Cheers.
Sep 06, 2014, 01:44 AM
Thread OP
I have a copy of 0002-0100 but it's not useful in switching stick modes between mode 1 and 2. On my 11X, mode-2, analog throttle trim transmitter, the 0100 version will the switch the sticks to mode 1 but the throttle and elevator trims don't work properly. The throttle trim for Mode 1 remains on the left side and the elevator trim doesn't work at all.

Allan
Sep 06, 2014, 06:34 AM
Quote:
I have a copy of 0002-0100 but it's not useful in switching stick modes between mode 1 and 2. On my 11X, mode-2, analog throttle trim transmitter, the 0100 version will the switch the sticks to mode 1 but the throttle and elevator trims don't work properly. The throttle trim for Mode 1 remains on the left side and the elevator trim doesn't work at all.

Allan
Thanks for the reply Allan, looks like I'll just put it up for sale since I'm a mode 2 flyer.

Kosta.
Sep 06, 2014, 01:19 PM
Thread OP
I checked the stick mode change one more time with the same result. When changing a mode 2 transmitter to mode 1by the stick mode menu, the elevator digital trim doesn't do a thing. It doesn't beep when pushed nor does it change any channel. The analog trim does change the throttle channel but it would be mis located for mode 1.

It is sort of strange that the analog trim functions while the digital trim doesn't. If I change the transmitter to mode 4, swapping the rudder and aileron, both digital trims follow the change in stick locations and work properly.

There is one other minor nuisance in using the menu and not having the distributor make the change in the stick mode. The stick mode change is local. It only affects the particular model memory in which the change was made.

Allan
Sep 07, 2014, 05:47 AM
Quote:
I checked the stick mode change one more time with the same result. When changing a mode 2 transmitter to mode 1by the stick mode menu, the elevator digital trim doesn't do a thing. It doesn't beep when pushed nor does it change any channel. The analog trim does change the throttle channel but it would be mis located for mode 1.

It is sort of strange that the analog trim functions while the digital trim doesn't. If I change the transmitter to mode 4, swapping the rudder and aileron, both digital trims follow the change in stick locations and work properly.

There is one other minor nuisance in using the menu and not having the distributor make the change in the stick mode. The stick mode change is local. It only affects the particular model memory in which the change was made.

Allan
Yes it is strange that the digital trim doesn't work. If there was a way to get it working, then all that would be needed is to swap the throttle and elevator trims over and mode change is complete. I had a quick look and it looks like swapping them would be no problem. Hmmm, what's preventing that digital trim working I wonder.

Kosta.
Sep 08, 2014, 09:50 AM
So I had a look inside my mode 1 tx and I think I found why the elevator digital trim doesn't work when changed to mode 2 in the software.
There are two plugs with wires attached to the digital trims, one plug for each side. The analog throttle trim has its own 3 pin plug. What's interesting is that one of the plugs connecting the digital trims has 3 wires missing compared to the other. When changing from mode 1 to mode 2 in the software, your moving the digital trims over to the other side but the elevator wires are missing from the plug, that's why there's no beeps or anything.

To make it work, I would unplug the 3 wires of the elevator digital trim and plug them into the other side where they are currently missing.

Hope I've made some sense. What are your thoughts Allan?

Kosta.
Sep 10, 2014, 12:54 AM
Thread OP
On my transmitter elevator trim pc board, I can only see one three-pin connector with two white wires and one blue. There could be a difference between our transmitters. The throttle trim harness is also three-wire and it plugs into the main logic pc board. Interestingly the aileron trim pc board has a fully occupied seven-pin connector as well several wires soldered to it. The rudder appears to be the same. The elevator digital trim is being handled differently than the aileron and rudder. I am inclined to think the non working elevator trim is more of a software/firmware problem than a hardware.

While I'm not inexperienced with electronics, I would still be reluctant to try switching the stick mode from one to two on any transmitter other than one I could afford to junk. For one thing, the throttle gimbal lacks the plastic piece that attaches to the centering spring. I'm also concerned about unforseen problems. It would be nice if there existed instructions on how to do it.

Have you contacted your distributor to see if they would convert the transmitter at an affordable price? If they would, it would give you a transmitter that is native mode two and one with which you could use the latest software.

Allan
Sep 10, 2014, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorrest View Post
On my transmitter elevator trim pc board, I can only see one three-pin connector with two white wires and one blue. There could be a difference between our transmitters. The throttle trim harness is also three-wire and it plugs into the main logic pc board. Interestingly the aileron trim pc board has a fully occupied seven-pin connector as well several wires soldered to it. The rudder appears to be the same. The elevator digital trim is being handled differently than the aileron and rudder. I am inclined to think the non working elevator trim is more of a software/firmware problem than a hardware.

While I'm not inexperienced with electronics, I would still be reluctant to try switching the stick mode from one to two on any transmitter other than one I could afford to junk. For one thing, the throttle gimbal lacks the plastic piece that attaches to the centering spring. I'm also concerned about unforseen problems. It would be nice if there existed instructions on how to do it.

Have you contacted your distributor to see if they would convert the transmitter at an affordable price? If they would, it would give you a transmitter that is native mode two and one with which you could use the latest software.

Allan
Thanks for your input Allan, and I think your right. I'm not prepared to trash a perfectly good 11x just to try and change modes. I'll move it on to someone that fly's mode 1.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Kosta.
Sep 10, 2014, 07:41 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosta View Post
Thanks for your input Allan, and I think your right. I'm not prepared to trash a perfectly good 11x just to try and change modes. I'll move it on to someone that fly's mode 1.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Kosta.
I was given a mode 2 9303 with analogue throttle trim on the left.

It didn't cost me anything so I took the chance and converted it to Mode 1 myself including swapping the analogue trim to the right side,

Not for the faint hearted.! It took many hours of research, a little trial and error and also required breaking a hard soldered jumper on the board and finding the 'secret' button combination to enter the service menu.

It now works like a bought one but I wouldn't try it on my 11x either.
Nov 04, 2014, 09:30 PM

11X, version 0002-0103 & Bind

I was going to put a plane in my X 11 today and found no way to bind it ??

I've been thru and thru system , looking for BIND jist ain't there

Read the pseudo manual several times

Anyone got a hint ? maybe it is hidden somewhere ? I sure can't find it

Thanks ..............te
Nov 04, 2014, 10:06 PM
Put the bind plug into the RX and power it up. Wait for the blinking LED. Then push and hold the button in the back of the TX as you turn it on. When the LED on the RX goes solid you are all bound. Hopefully that helps.

Bill
Nov 05, 2014, 07:46 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Yep, there's no bind menu like the DX-9 or 18. This one is old school, hold the bind button and turn on the radio.
Nov 05, 2014, 11:12 AM

Bind

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey View Post
Yep, there's no bind menu like the DX-9 or 18. This one is old school, hold the bind button and turn on the radio.
I finally did push button . I was reading thru manual which shows it Under Systems
wow this is neat , so went looking for it - Never to find

That would have been something, if it was buried in the program somewhere

Anyhow, all is well :-) can't believe what is in the manual - Maybe it was written for the Japanese version of the Tx .

thanks ............te
Jun 21, 2015, 07:22 AM

Need the 11X_V0002-0100_v2.zip file

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNboy View Post
GDay all, I am unable to locate the 11X_V0002-0100_v2.zip file anymore ??
could someone check it for me see if its still available.
I checked on the JR site (the one that has the link in the PDF regarding upgrading)
Maybe they working on the latest version.
Hi,

I know it's a long shot but if you don't ask the answer is no. So if anyone has the 11X_V0002-0100_v2.zip update pls LMK. Seems that JR/Horizon/Spektrum have no valid web link for the file (at least one I can locate), while the relating pdf is still out there.

If anyone has the firmware zip I'd appreciate if he could upload it to a dropbox (or any other similar service for that matter) and send the link to d/l.

Thanks
Jun 21, 2015, 07:47 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
V2 103 is here
http://www.jramericas.com/service_ce...rmware+Updates
Jun 21, 2015, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey View Post

^^
Got it - Thanks
Jul 20, 2015, 03:55 PM
What is the last supported update for the JR11x 2.4 (HH version). Was it JR 11X VER: 0002-0100? This is what I have installed.

Was there any newer firmware updates available? If so which ones?
Jul 20, 2015, 06:18 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchioII View Post
What is the last supported update for the JR11x 2.4 (HH version). Was it JR 11X VER: 0002-0100? This is what I have installed.

Was there any newer firmware updates available? If so which ones?
See post 248 by Barracudahockey.

I installed 0002-0100 first and there were a couple of small bugs (can't remember them all but one was a false display of receiver telemetry voltage appearing on the display occasionally)

0002-0103 fixed it.
Aug 31, 2015, 04:09 PM

I can't find the JR11x2.4 update.zip.

Did they move this again? Their download link to zip file doesn't seem to work. Also is there a way to delete all the model banks? I've been trying to copy one template model to any of the used, internal, model banks but it doesn't allow me to. Works fine on my 9303 so not sure why it doesn on the 11x2.4.
thanks,
m
Aug 31, 2015, 04:55 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
You can't do a mass reset on the 11x at the user level.
Aug 31, 2015, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moybzz View Post
Did they move this again? Their download link to zip file doesn't seem to work. Also is there a way to delete all the model banks? I've been trying to copy one template model to any of the used, internal, model banks but it doesn't allow me to. Works fine on my 9303 so not sure why it doesn on the 11x2.4.
thanks,
m
I have the download if you can't locate it.

Regards
Aug 31, 2015, 05:17 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by moybzz View Post
thanks,
m
Its still there on the site listed. I just downloaded it successfully.

If you still can't access, try this.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p2cdmrkbn...H_w14wc0a?dl=0
Sep 01, 2015, 03:03 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
I have found that I can't copy anything to a used model memory. I have to delete it first. When I delete it I need to be in a model other than the one I want to be empty. Hope this helps.
Sep 19, 2015, 11:07 AM
Will fly for food.
Okay, I upgraded my firmware on my 11X and now it's esentially an XG11 (minus the DMSS and the telemetry)...now, can I do the latest XG11 update (0002-0013) and get the XBus capability?

I don't want to brick my transmitter.

Thanks,

Jon
Sep 19, 2015, 12:21 PM
Interesting question. My guess is that it isn't quite compatible and won't even try to install, but I'm not in a position to test that. If you have the guts to try it, let us know how it goes.
Sep 19, 2015, 01:05 PM
Thread OP
XBus is a DMSS feature. It requires a DMSS receiver that has XBus capability. The upgrade didn't change your transmitter from being DSM (DSM2 or DSMX). If you tried doing an upgrade for a DMSS transmitter and you are lucky, it should refuse to do it. At worst, it may brick it.

Allan
Sep 19, 2015, 01:18 PM
Will fly for food.
Thanks Al! I'll leave it be.

Jon
Sep 19, 2015, 07:55 PM

question

Is it acceptable to ask about programming the JR 11X in this thread or is there another place on RCG for that type of question?

I am frustrated trying to get full house modes set the way I want on a 7 channel Rx and I believe I am just missing some logic ...
Sep 19, 2015, 08:18 PM
RC Warjet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
Is it acceptable to ask about programming the JR 11X in this thread or is there another place on RCG for that type of question?

I am frustrated trying to get full house modes set the way I want on a 7 channel Rx and I believe I am just missing some logic ...
Here's a couple references:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1312411

http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/slope-soar...-transmitters/
Sep 19, 2015, 09:17 PM
Thread OP
The focus of this thread when I started it was to explore the differences between version two firmware and version one. Since it appears you are asking about programming version one for a full-house sailplane, you should search the Sailplane Talk forum for the 11X. There are a number of threads on the subject. Here are two of the threads on that forum

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&highlight=11X
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&highlight=11X

I would be happy to help except my JR 11X has been converted to version two.

Allan
Sep 20, 2015, 02:40 AM
Alan and Warjet - thank you very much for the replies. Greatly appreciated.

Actually Alan you have already greatly assisted me with the information you wrote back in 2011 on Flying Giants. I have used this for all my glider 11x programming. It has been brilliant ... thank you so much!

I thought I had updated my 11X to the latest possible but when I checked I am still on V1.

I am going to download the files ...

However; Just wondering if you guys recommend the update to V2??? I enjoy learning this stuff and am still really happy with my 11X but if the update is beneficial I will get it done forthwith. (going through this thread now to check what has been said as well...)
Sep 20, 2015, 04:02 AM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Alan and Warjet - thank you very much for the replies. Greatly appreciated.

Actually Alan you have already greatly assisted me with the information you wrote back in 2011 on Flying Giants. I have used this for all my glider 11x programming. It has been brilliant ... thank you so much!

I thought I had updated my 11X to the latest possible but when I checked I am still on V1.

I am going to download the files ...

However; Just wondering if you guys recommend the update to V2??? I enjoy learning this stuff and am still really happy with my 11X but if the update is beneficial I will get it done forthwith. (going through this thread now to check what has been said as well...)
I posted earlier in the thread so you might have already seen it. One advantage of the update is that it allows you to calibrate the gimbals.

I was able to get a much better calibration on my 11X than it had previously. (no way to calibrate them on V1 firmware)

Most of the extra features are unused as I only use the radio on a few BNF aircraft and 450 size helicopters but 0002-0103 has been a solid performer since I installed it.
Sep 20, 2015, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
I posted earlier in the thread so you might have already seen it. One advantage of the update is that it allows you to calibrate the gimbals.

I was able to get a much better calibration on my 11X than it had previously. (no way to calibrate them on V1 firmware)

Most of the extra features are unused as I only use the radio on a few BNF aircraft and 450 size helicopters but 0002-0103 has been a solid performer since I installed it.
Thanks Rob2160 appreciate the input
Sep 20, 2015, 01:06 PM
Thread OP
Version two gives you more power if you're willing to put the effort into understanding it. IMO the most difficult new feature to understand is the stick position switch. It isn't intuitive as in version one. But combining it with the custom flight mode, I can switch from the sailplane's launch mode to cruise mode by making the zoom movement with the elevator stick. For me it's quite useful as I have a tendency to forget to switch modes coming off launch.

Changing to version two will add extra pages to some of the menus. There is no version two manual for the 11X. You have to use the XG11 manual which describes a number of features that aren't on your transmitter. I can't recommend you go to version two if you aren't going to use the extra features. I would recommend you take a look at the XG 11 manual before making the switch. You should be able to directly download the manual at http://www.jramericas.com/manuals/XG...615_Manual.pdf

Otherwise, go to the JR Americas site, service tab, airplane tab. When you find the XG11 manual it will ask you to agree not to hold JR responsible for what's in it, something new. Don't download the XG11MV as it has too many of the features that are only in the XG series.

Allan

P.S. Once you convert to version two, there is no turning back. I don't know of any user program to restore version one. Possibly the your transmitter distributor can do it.
Last edited by AWorrest; Sep 20, 2015 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Added last comment
Oct 20, 2015, 03:18 PM
I'm just starting with an 11x and can't figure out which version I have v.1 or v.2. How do you tell?

I'm trying to use it with an XPlane. If any of you out there know how to do it I REALLY would appreciate some help

Blair
Oct 20, 2015, 03:40 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Go into the system menu, there's a choice there that shows the version, I dont have an 11x any more to go through but its there
Oct 20, 2015, 07:58 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
I'm just starting with an 11x and can't figure out which version I have v.1 or v.2. How do you tell?

I'm trying to use it with an XPlane. If any of you out there know how to do it I REALLY would appreciate some help

Blair
Yes System Menu then TX Settings. Your version will be in the top right hand corner.

0002-0103 is the latest version.
Nov 10, 2015, 02:58 PM
Do you have a zip file of version 0002-0100 or 0002-0102?
Not looking for 0002-0103 as they have removed Stick Mode in this version.

Regards, Mike.
Nov 10, 2015, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike NZ View Post

Regards, Mike.
I have 0002-0100. If you can't find 0002-0102 (assuming you'd prefer that later version), PM me with your email and I can send it your way.

Bill
Nov 11, 2015, 03:13 AM
Quote:

Regards, Mike.
Hi, Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by stick mode
Nov 11, 2015, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Hi, Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by stick mode
G'day Mutha,

Just purchased a second hand JR 11x2.4 currently Mode 1 with old firmware on it.
I have changed the sticks to work for Mode 2 but there is no option to change the Mode in the system setup. This was made available in software version 0002-0100 to 0002-0102 but then removed again in version 0002-0103.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers, Mike.
Nov 11, 2015, 03:38 PM
Quote:
G'day Mutha,

Just purchased a second hand JR 11x2.4 currently Mode 1 with old firmware on it.
I have changed the sticks to work for Mode 2 but there is no option to change the Mode in the system setup. This was made available in software version 0002-0100 to 0002-0102 but then removed again in version 0002-0103.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers, Mike.
Oh. I was off on my own tangent there - thinking about my glider programing and mixing the throttle stick for crow and throttle control in different modes. Thus the "mode" I had the stick in

Sorry for the confusion. Apparently there are 4 stick modes for modern RC Tx's. There is a Mode 4., a Mode 3, a Mode 2 and then there is the correct mode
Nov 11, 2015, 07:10 PM
Thread OP
On the 11X2.4 sold in the US, the stick mode change menu in 0002-0100 didn't work entirely right. As I recall, in changing from mode 2 to mode 1, some of the trims didn't switch positions. This might be the reason the menu was omitted in version 0002-0103. The menu simplified the programing for a V-tail RES sailplane. By switching to mode 4, the rudder and elevator were on the right stick. The spoiler stick was on the left as well as the unused aileron stick.

Allan
Nov 11, 2015, 11:52 PM
Quote:
On the 11X2.4 sold in the US, the stick mode change menu in 0002-0100 didn't work entirely right. As I recall, in changing from mode 2 to mode 1, some of the trims didn't switch positions. This might be the reason the menu was omitted in version 0002-0103. The menu simplified the programing for a V-tail RES sailplane. By switching to mode 4, the rudder and elevator were on the right stick. The spoiler stick was on the left as well as the unused aileron stick.

Allan
Absolutely right Allan,

Thanks to Bill I have now installed version 0002-0100.
Both Throttle and Elevator trim tabs are now not functional, but at least I can fly Mode 2 now ( was previously mode 1 )
With careful bench setup both of these dont cause any issues and can be re-tweaked ( trim settings via sub trim ) on the ground.
I will use this Tx for all my basic foamies which do not require any mixing.

Regards, Mike
Feb 02, 2016, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Absolutely right Allan,

Thanks to Bill I have now installed version 0002-0100.
Both Throttle and Elevator trim tabs are now not functional, but at least I can fly Mode 2 now ( was previously mode 1 )
With careful bench setup both of these dont cause any issues and can be re-tweaked ( trim settings via sub trim ) on the ground.
I will use this Tx for all my basic foamies which do not require any mixing.

Regards, Mike
Hello All

Does anyone have the latest software for the XG-11, PLZ
Thank You
Feb 02, 2016, 03:23 PM
Thread OP
The latest JR11X software version is 0002-0103. The latest XG11 software is version 0002-0013. They are posted as 11X2P4_V0002-0103.ZIP and VERUP_XG11_0002-0013.ZIP on http://www.jramericas.com/service_ce...uct_categories

Allan
Feb 02, 2016, 03:36 PM
Quote:
The latest JR11X software version is 0002-0103. The latest XG11 software is version 0002-0013. They are posted as 11X2P4_V0002-0103.ZIP and VERUP_XG11_0002-0013.ZIP on http://www.jramericas.com/service_ce...uct_categories

Allan
Ok thanks, got it.
Nov 12, 2016, 04:44 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Ok... I'm a bit confused...which files do I need to update my 11X to an XG11 and where do I find them please? I can not find them on the Horizon site, and yes, I find files to download on the JR Americas site, but... is this the actual upgrade, or an update for those radios that have already been updated?

I recently bought an 11X that had been updated, and as I like to have a back up radio in case something happens to my main radio, I bought another 11X that has not been updated. So.. if these are not the files needed, does somebody have the ones I need that they can send me??

Or.. are "these" the files that I need??

Thanks in advance!!

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Nov 12, 2016 at 04:52 PM.
Nov 12, 2016, 05:07 PM
Those look right. The online location is http://www.jramericas.com/files/prod...V0002-0103.zip

Bill
Nov 12, 2016, 05:10 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Ok...Yes it does appear to be it.. Thank you very much!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Nov 12, 2016, 07:59 PM
Thread OP
I've added a note to the first post as to where the files can now be found.

Allan

Quick Reply