Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by ASTREA1
A&P in training
Discussion

Plade Pitch calculator for IPod/IPhone

Hello all, I was sitting around waiting for my battery to finish up charging when I was thinking, well I don't have a blade pitch tool and usually, they have an app for everything. So I checked, and sure enough the seem to have one. It is free, I was just wondering if when somebody has some extra time, maybe they could compare a true pitch gauge to this app?

It is called "Helicopter pitch calculator", and it is the first one to come up..If it is anywhere close to being accurate, I think it would be a nice tool for us broke hobbyists
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by RFDelie
Get to the choppa!
I just pitched out my 250. I'll check it out tomorrow morning and see if it is close.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by ASTREA1
A&P in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
I just pitched out my 250. I'll check it out tomorrow morning and see if it is close.
That'd be great thanks RF.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by RFDelie
Get to the choppa!
It does not work. In theory it seems ok, the phone has a very good reading on a perfectly flat surface, but the air foli shape of the blade means that you can't place the phone flat on the blade. I had a 6 degree pitch on my blade and my reading was anywhere from 3 to 9..

I did not try the measuring technique as it seems to be more complicated than a pitch guage.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:14 AM
Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
No idea how accurate it would be, but I did stumble onto this a while back:
Hobbyking smartphone pitch gauge