Nov 30, 2015, 12:47 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmcclain
can you tell me that which oil is the best for gas turbine engine .
Simple - read the thread.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2015, 08:36 AM
Quote:
please can you tell that which turbine oil used to my Turbine engine , That they work properly .
How come you do not know something so fundamental yet you are all over other threads pretending to know everything about every jet model?
Nov 30, 2015, 02:33 PM
I figure it's best to just ignore him.....
Nov 30, 2015, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Vegetable.
Dec 01, 2015, 01:25 PM
Quote:
What turbine engine are you referring to?
Each turbine Mfg has specific approved oils for there brand.
Dec 03, 2015, 01:15 AM
Suspended Account
Can you tell me that which turbine oli is best for permanent using with low cost of price .
Dec 03, 2015, 04:02 AM
stop feeding him please!
Dec 08, 2015, 01:45 AM
stegl
JetA1 , kerosene or diesel are the preferred fuels for model turbines. All your JP branded fuels have additives in them for various reason and used mostly for military aircraft but are being phased out. JP4 is jet fuel cut with or mixed with gasoline in varying amount but in the range of 50/50 .mix. As mentioned diesel can usually be mixed with less oil as it has more lubricating qualities. I see that Jets Munt now allows Shell Tellus 30 oil can now be mixed as of this year as it is almost identical to DTE lite oil.
Jul 22, 2019, 11:47 AM
Falcon's rc
Hey guys so I have read the entire tread and looks like DTE Light oil is the way to go, I just want to make sure I get the right stuff.
I been flying jets for 2 years now but I been using kingtech oil since I had a K60 and that is the oil they recommend, but, since I have sold the king tech and now I have just 2 jet central falcons I will like to get the DTE Oil, (I been using kingtech oil on the falcons)

Is this the right stuff

Link to it
https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-DTE-Lig.../dp/B01N6YYQ4O

If not can you point me in the right direction, thanks.
Jul 22, 2019, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMadrigal
Hey guys so I have read the entire tread and looks like DTE Light oil is the way to go, I just want to make sure I get the right stuff.
I been flying jets for 2 years now but I been using kingtech oil since I had a K60 and that is the oil they recommend, but, since I have sold the king tech and now I have just 2 jet central falcons I will like to get the DTE Oil, (I been using kingtech oil on the falcons)

Is this the right stuff

Link to it
https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-DTE-Lig.../dp/B01N6YYQ4O

If not can you point me in the right direction, thanks.
I know many people don't like the idea of paying $90 for the two gallons of kingtech oil. But if you divide the cost to the amount of oil you get, it's actually one of the best deals. Also compared to DTE its non-toxic, and non-carcenagenic and has much better lubrication, antistatic and corrosion resistance for model turbines. It's designed for its use case. Though I no longer fly kingtech either I will still use their oil as it's the best for reducing choking in all brands of engines.
Jul 22, 2019, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom 3D
I know many people don't like the idea of paying $90 for the two gallons of kingtech oil. But if you divide the cost to the amount of oil you get, it's actually one of the best deals. Also compared to DTE its non-toxic, and non-carcenagenic and has much better lubrication, antistatic and corrosion resistance for model turbines. It's designed for its use case. Though I no longer fly kingtech either I will still use their oil as it's the best for reducing choking in all brands of engines.
I use KingTech turbine oil too and it works very well. BTW, the $90 price for two gallons includes free shipping, at least to the USA.
Jul 22, 2019, 10:27 PM
Falcon's rc
Thanks for the details about the kingtech oil. I may just have to order some again.
Jul 23, 2019, 12:07 AM
Go fly a jet today
Kingtech oil is about $10 a qrt delivered to your home.
Jul 23, 2019, 11:01 PM
THAT'S WHY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom 3D
Actually the reason people originally switched to DTE Light was to get away from the highly carcinogenic aircraft turbine oils. KingTech oil is very similar to DTE with some additives. I've used DTE for about twelve years but also use KingTech oil. Price varies but the last DTE I bought was about $90 for five gallons.
Jul 23, 2019, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by causeitflys
Actually the reason people originally switched to DTE Light was to get away from the highly carcinogenic aircraft turbine oils. KingTech oil is very similar to DTE with some additives. I've used DTE for about twelve years but also use KingTech oil. Price varies but the last DTE I bought was about $90 for five gallons.
Sorry to be the fly in the ointment guys, but JetCat was the firs to offer a non carcinogenic oil with anti-static fluid included. The JetCat oil is approved for KingTech turbines, but Dirk claims it causes more coking. As a licensed A&P mechanic which he is not, I do not agree with his reasoning. It's just a ploy to sell the KingTech oil he and Barry invested in developing.

Finally,this mixing mess is just asking for fuel contamination while you mess with the stuff. Then you have to clean it all out so not even dust will collect on all your funnels, tubing and such as it comes in one quart containers. Just ad a quart to your five gallon fuel container, ad five gallons of Kerosene (my preferred fuel) and you're good to go.

I have JetCats, KingTechs and a Behotec running on this mix and all of them are doing fine.

Quick Reply