Jan 04, 2013, 04:40 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
From what I had read, they didn't clone the nano. They seemed to be building from scratch as they experimented with various designs. I'm not familiar with NCPX so I can't tell if the two are similar.

I believe shortly after HiSKY releases the FBL80, WLtoys as well as Turnigy will be able to release their version of the FBL80.
cant wait ...
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2013, 06:49 AM
Always wanted to fly
I just read some comments talking about rather the bird (any brands) is good to fly in small confined area. I must have to say, usually when you find the bird is too sensitive, there is some setting problems on your tx, so check the dual rate.

Try to set the dual rate for elevator and aileron to low number like expo 20, and then slowly trim it up to find a comfortable sensitivity. User the mix switch to set up different dual rates. The dual rate for flying in the living room and flying in a field is very different.
Jan 04, 2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
I like the blue canopy ... but what took so long to duplicate the nano???
The FBL80 was announced and the specs released before the Nano was announced. The original weight was much heavier than the Nano. Now that the Nano is available, they have something for reference.
Jan 04, 2013, 09:23 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Unlike my flybar helicopters, I never trim (on the transmitter) my flybarless helicopter because it wasn't necessary.
Jan 04, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hi all, I ordered mine from BG on dec 29 I live in MN in the US the wait is going to kill me..I am ready to move up from fp minis(3V911s, 2-9958s) I was going to order the mcpx2 but when I this it was a no brainer. I can use this to cheaply enter the cp field then move up to a programable tx and a better heli. I have a huge question for all of you. Do any of you know how to make some training gear for the V922? I am self taught and plan to go very slowly and by the book. That is to say a good inspection, blade balancing, swash level, etc( i think its moot but important) then training gear spool ups and side to side slides etc until I feel I can progress I am going very slowly.
So training gear and any other input would be most welcome.Thank You all so much for paving my way
Jack
Jan 04, 2013, 10:41 AM
Always wanted to fly
control dual rate is not the same as trims. setting a low rate will tame down the bird for beginners. plus, regardless it is flybar or flybarless, you still have to trim the bird from time to time (say overpowered rudder, over compensated gyro, etc)
anyway, see these video for reference about dual rates

Transmitter Dual Rate and Expo Theory, Part 1 of 2 (8 min 28 sec)

Transmitter Dual Rate and Expo Theory, Part 2 of 2 (10 min 46 sec)
Last edited by pshkong; Jan 04, 2013 at 10:52 AM.
Jan 04, 2013, 12:12 PM

HT-8 RF Module running with Flysky 9X and Walkera 2801Pro TX

Hi all,

I don't use to post a lot over here. Let's say I consider myself more a learner than a master in everything regarding rc helicopters. In fact I've learned a lot from all of you guys.

But, finally I thing I've found something that I can contribute with this awesome community. I've testing with a HT-8 module and my Flysky 9x (similar and compatible with Turnigy 9X) and Walkera 2801Pro transmitters and a Hisky FBL100, I have for a month or two. I hope this can help others to get their birds in the air with other transmitters and not only with the sometimes awful Hisky/Turnigy X-6S.

Credit is given to KKDDMM for preparing the first guide and how-to for a Turnigy 9x with er9x firmware. He gave me the "momentum" to begin trying this.

These set-ups are running fine for me, but are only intended to put the bird flying, not 3D setup, in fact I have actually hover my Hisky FBL 100 with this configuration. They are more oriented to get the HT-8 with the proper configuration from the transmitter in each case, and from that point everyone can adjust throttle, pitch curves to their like/taste.

Before plugging the HT-8 module to any transmitter (Walkera 2801Pro or Flysky 9X) you have to connect a external battery of 7,4V to the plug, I have discarded the power wire that is shipped with the module, because I have been unable to get power from the transmitter battery using that wire. I think is very well described in the pictures of KKDDMM in his blog and in the previous pictures published in this forum from japanese forums.

Let's begin with the Flysky:

First of all disable or disconnect the Flysky/Turnigy 9x protocol module from your transmitter, in my case (Flysky 9x) is as simple as taking apart the module from its place in the transmitter back. I don't know if Turnigy 9x is so simple.

- System menu:
* Type Select: Helicopter->Heli 3-1 (as swashplate)
* ModeuAT: PPM
* Stick set: Mode 2 (as is the mode I'm using, I guess with other modes the setup will be the same)
- Func Setting menu:
* Reverse: Throttle and Rudder channels in reverse, the rest in normal.
* Throttle Curve: 0-100% for normal, Idle 1 and Idle 2 (no 3D as I've previosuly said)
* Pitch Curve: L: 40%, 1: 45%, 2: 50%, 3: 75%, H: 100% for normal. Idle 1 and Idle 2 L:0 %, 1: 25%, 2: 50%, 3: 75%, H: 100%.
* Throttle Hold: State ACT, Hold Pos: 0%.
* Swash mix: Pit: 75, Ail: -75 and Ele: 75.
* DR & Expo: D/R: 55% and EXP: 40% for the three channels AIL, ELE and RUDD.

Once you have configured your transmitter like that, you can switch off the transmitter. Finally you'll have to plug the HT-8 by the trainer port and plug the external battery to the HT-8, your transmitter will power on (you don't need to switch on the transmitter), and you should get a green light for the signal. Then push the button for telling the HT-8 what kind of transmitter we are using, we need a green light also here (as if we were using a Futaba transmitter). One courious thing is that if you switch on your transmitter the green signal light will turn red showing that the signal is lost.

With this you should ready to go for your first test with the Flysky 9x (Turnigy 9x) transmitter.

Walkera 2801PRO:

- MDSEL: TYPE-> Helicopter
- STICK: Mode 2, Comptb 2801.
- SWASH: 3Servos (120)
- MDSET:
* REVERS: Throttle channel (3) in reverse, the rest in normal.
* SWAATS: SWASHMIX-> ELE 40%, AILE 40%, PIT. 64%
* GYRHLD: THROHOLD-> Thro hold ACT and Hold Pos. 0%
* DR%EXP: D/R: 55% and EXP: 40% for all the three channels ELE, AILE, RUDD.
* CURVES: THRCURVE: 0-100% for the three Flight Modes. PITCURV: L 40%, 1: 45%, 2: 50%, 3: 75%, H: 100% for normal mode, L: 0%, 1: 25%, 2: 50%, 3: 75%, H: 100%.

Once you have completed this set-up you can switch off your transmitter, plug the HT-8 to the trainer port and connect the battery to power on the HT-8 and switch on the transmitter. Select the Walkera mode in HT-8 pushing the button, until the type of transmitter led is switched off, the signal led has to be green.

In both transmitters, once you have the transmitter on, you can connect the battery to the FBL100 and the binding procedure will take place.

A couple of recommendations:

- In the first binding process I suggest to change the throttle hold switch to on position. This way if anything goes not as well as it should, we don't have to chase a chicken all over the place or hurt ourselves. Besides we can check the pitch travel and the servos move this way with no problems.
- As I stated this is intended to be a first configuration for binding and first test hover. I recommend adjust the throttle and pitch curves and DR/EXP to your liking.

I hope this will be useful for those who want to try out this module with this wonderful helicopter family (Hisky/Turnigy FBL100 and WLToys V922).

Finally, please apologize for my english, I'm not totally used to write long posts in this language.

Pedro
Last edited by pedrojlucas; Jan 06, 2013 at 09:46 AM.
Jan 04, 2013, 01:01 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshkong
control dual rate is not the same as trims.
Of course they are not the same. I know what they are. I'm just saying I don't need to trim my helicopter. It has nothing to do with D/R or Expo. You may trim all you want for whatever reasons... but I don't. That's all I'm saying.

Thanks for the video but I've known the basic concepts since a long time ago.

I hope you have read up on the the flight characteristics differences between FBL vs FB helicopters, which you have wrote earlier.
Jan 04, 2013, 03:39 PM
Phantom 3
Oh well I just went flying during my lunch hour. and found the tail boom cracked all the way down the seem from motor to tail. split right down the middle. Now gotta buy a new tail boom. Also does anyone have info where to get solid tail shafts instead hollow ones and stronger landing gear.
Last edited by SMEGS888; Jan 04, 2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added material
Jan 05, 2013, 10:59 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!

My HT8's date is 2012.06.25(Ver1.1)

@pedrojlucas

Please check your HT8,what is your HT8's date.

Perhaps Ver1.1 can not use with 9X.

see my blog
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1802298
Jan 05, 2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM
@pedrojlucas

Please check your HT8,what is your HT8's date.

Perhaps Ver1.1 can not use with 9X.

see my blog
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1802298
Hi KKDDMM,

Just check it in my HT-8. It's the same version an date that you have: V1.1 and 2012.06.25.

Have you tried selecting the Futaba TX mode in the HT-8? What's the problem you are facing with the 9x?

I have just flied my FBL100 with my Flysky 9x and everything is fine. The bird flies exactly as I was using my Hisky X-6S transmitter.
Jan 05, 2013, 11:29 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrojlucas
Hi KKDDMM,

Just check it in my HT-8. It's the same version an date that you have: V1.1 and 2012.06.25.

Have you tried selecting the Futaba TX mode in the HT-8? What's the problem you are facing with the 9x?

I have just flied my FBL100 with my Flysky 9x and everything is fine. The bird flies exactly as I was using my Hisky X-6S transmitter.
Thanks!
I will check again my HT8 tomorrow.
goodnight...
Jan 05, 2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM
Thanks!
I will check again my HT8 tomorrow.
goodnight...
Hi KKDDMM again,

I have done a test with the Flysky 9X TX. I've tried to use the HT-8 module with the Flysky RF module attached as well, and it doesn't run, the HT-8 doesn't get signal from the Tx.

It seems that to use the HT-8 with a Flysky Tx it's needed to disable or disconnect the Flysky RF module (I think this has some kind of logic because the two modules "compete" for the Tx signal). I hope this can help you in some way.

Good evening here in Spain...
Jan 05, 2013, 11:59 AM
V911 & V922
Thanks Fyre for the field report.

Just got my v922 from wayne in ali. I felt like a pro with my v911 but the feeling of v922 is a new level of experience. Bought on impulse, thanks to youtube.

Smash a few times before I manage to hover it for few mins..Fortunately the bird remain in one piece, except for some jacksaw edges on the blade.

Any bro tried walkera or mcpx blade on v922 so far ??
Last edited by XiaoFeiJi; Jan 05, 2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: add on
Jan 05, 2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoFeiJi

Any bro tried walkera or mcpx blade on v922 so far ??
The yellow KBDD blades for the mCPX makes the heli much stabler and I would recommend these for beginners. They are not as good for 3D though. I find the stock high performance mCPX blades a bit more stable as well. I haven't tried Walkera blades because they are thinner and lighter and therefore probably less stable. I think it would be worthwhile trying the white Solo Pro 100D blades as well.

Quick Reply