Mar 06, 2013, 09:53 AM

help!

When I throttle all the way up instead of the helicopter taking off upward it has all downward pressure where it keeps it stuck to the ground.

What setting do I have wrong?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2013, 10:05 AM
Helli
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsfancy
When I throttle all the way up instead of the helicopter taking off upward it has all downward pressure where it keeps it stuck to the ground.

What setting do I have wrong?
Move switch on the left-top of your controller or switch to H mode.
Mar 06, 2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindCatcher
Move switch on the left-top of your controller or switch to H mode.
Ok, I will try it. What mode needs full throttle to exert full down pressure? Some kind of stunt mode?
Mar 06, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper
I have found that CA glue cures based upon water (humidity) presence and age. Old glue will take forever to cure, if at all. On the other hand, if there isn't humidity in the air, the glue also takes much longer to cure. There are debonders available but I don't know of one that won't mess up the plastic. If your glue is new and it's humid, I don't have a clue!
humidity in the air is the activator for CA glues ...
debonders works ... or you can with the flame of a lighter : CA debond with heat
Mar 06, 2013, 10:32 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsfancy
Ok, I will try it. What mode needs full throttle to exert full down pressure? Some kind of stunt mode?
When the helicopter is inverted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdon
humidity in the air is the activator for CA glues ...
debonders works ... or you can with the flame of a lighter : CA debond with heat
But the socket is plastic, I think the CA debonder will damage the socket.
Mar 06, 2013, 11:00 AM
Helli

V922 and FBL100 tail

You probably know that but I am using V911 tail for my V922 as a replacement. It is 5mm longer which is probably a good thing for better tail hold. Hole inside it is slightly bigger which makes replacing the cable a lot easier. I hope that slightly bigger hole doesnt make it to weak (fine for me).

Also I have done simple tail mod showed on pictures here. I have destructed most of my heli during weekend flying but tail is intact
Mar 06, 2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
When the helicopter is inverted.

But the socket is plastic, I think the CA debonder will damage the socket.
no ... if you fear that, try on a plastic broken piece !

i have had the same problem ... and it seems that CA glue goes throught nearest pieces when you glue just by air transmission .. always gluing apart with all other pieces aways
Mar 06, 2013, 11:09 AM
Thread OP
If tail boom is longer than 12.75cm, the tail may wag. I had lots of tail wag with the 13cm V911 tail boom.
Mar 06, 2013, 11:17 AM
Helli
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
If tail boom is longer than 12.75cm, the tail may wag. I had lots of tail wag with the 13cm V911 tail boom.
I had them in my drawer and they seem fine. You can always cut them if its 2 long I have broken 2 tails at first and then came up with my mod and have the same tail in countless crashes. I have even broken my tail engine apart yesterday but tail after cable and tape mod is ok
Mar 06, 2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdon
i only see 2 too litle pictures ... but i think it is this :
http://hpics.li/752cdf0
If you click on the little pictures at the bottom they should show full size.

The picture you linked to is fine & will work, you only need a 3 pin plug because the pin marked "not used" is actually ground aswell.
Mar 07, 2013, 12:23 AM
Hi guys another newbie question how do I remove the blade grips etc from the top of the shaft so that I can change the swash plate?

I undid the screw but it wont pull off, the whole main shaft came out of the heli instead.
Mar 07, 2013, 02:46 AM
What goes up...............

Tail Boom Patch

I coated my tail boom sides with superglue, but still managed to split it. Despite having replacement booms here, I decided to do a "quick and dirty" repair on it.

I tucked the tail motor wires back in, put some spots of superglue on the boom to hold it together, then spiral wound some nylon fishing line around it, with a hitch at either end.

Starting and finishing is by wrapping about 3 turns around the boom with a hitch and leaving the end long to keep your grip and the tension on, then put a drop of superglue on it and hold tension until the glue holds. Do the spiral wind, use the same process to tie off the other end, then add a coating of superglue all the way along the fishing line to secure it in place. Finally, trim the extra length of fishing line off the ends with a sharp knife.

It's crude, cheap, fast, BUT it seems to work! Have flown 50+ batteries and had some heavy crashes subsequently, with no more problems.
Mar 07, 2013, 02:58 AM
V911 & V922
Anyone tried using Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 1S 45C Lipo Pack ? Any problems?

Able to charge using stock v922 charger?
Mar 07, 2013, 03:22 AM
Thread OP
I tried them and they are great. My friend used the battery to perform the 3D moves in my video. However, I have never tried charging any batteries using the stock charger, so I don't know. I think it should be fine though.
Mar 07, 2013, 04:53 AM
Helli
I use them all the time. I used stock charger once and it was ok but normally use bigger charger with triple cable.

Quick Reply