WLtoys V922 6-Channel CP Flybarless Helicopter Mini-Review - Page 13 - RC Groups
Jan 10, 2013, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglidec
sorry about the phrasing I am not a very good typist, but I and my DX6I are waiting for the Ht-8 and will report my findings Steve
Hope you enjoy it soon.

Pedro
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2013, 12:38 AM

Trying to figure out tail drift with the DX6i/HT-8 setup

Hi all,

I have had some time to test the parameters previously posted in order to take away that tail drift to the right (nose to the left) I have detected when flying my FBL100 binded to HT-8/DX6i.

As I stated in the previous post, I haven't detected any tail drift in the Flysky 9x, Walkera 2801Pro and Hisky X-6S transmitters (I re-checked it again later). So this tail drift has to do with the DX6i/HT-8 setup and it seems there is no mechanical problem in the helicopter.

Then the bad news:

After trying differente values gyro settings (50%, 75%, 95%), it seems that there is no influence in the flying characteristics.

I also changed the swashmix values and no result at all.

I tried also changing travel adjust of the throttle and rudder channels, rising to 120% on both ends (high and low for throttle, left and right for rudder) and lowering to 80% on both ends. Because I have the feeling that the throttle that gets the receiver is not as high as it should be, I feel the throttle much more responsive and powerful when flying with Flysky 9x for example. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Then I tried the more obvious but what I was trying to avoid from the beginning (it's not a very smart solution, I think), I put some sub-trim (15 to the right) and it solve the issue, so the helicopter is more flyable.

The good news about this:

The sub-trim solution is not good at all, at least for me. But, at the moment, it's something you can try to keep flying with this configuration.

And the good news are that it seems that every time the helicopter/transmitter are binded the sub-trim value persists, is not reset as it's usual with other FBL systems (like Walkera for example). I have checked a couple of times and I haven't had to put more sub-trim in every power-on, so there is no need to reset manually the sub-trim value to 0 before the transmitter is switched off.

I'm sorry not to give a better solution at the moment, but I'll try to figure out something again later. At the moment I'm going to enjoy flying my micros for the rest of the week .

Pedro
Jan 10, 2013, 02:11 AM
flying beam
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrojlucas
And the good news are that it seems that every time the helicopter/transmitter are binded the sub-trim value persists, is not reset as it's usual with other FBL systems (like Walkera for example). I have checked a couple of times and I haven't had to put more sub-trim in every power-on, so there is no need to reset manually the sub-trim value to 0 before the transmitter is switched off.

I'm sorry not to give a better solution at the moment, but I'll try to figure out something again later. At the moment I'm going to enjoy flying my micros for the rest of the week .

Pedro
As this system is not like a walkera or other manufacturer, i.e. others FBL systems must not use CCPM mixing on the transmitter side as the Hisky does.

Since CCPM mixing is used, maybe playing with the revo mix between main and tail motor could do the trick for the drift.

This doesn't apply if the gyro of the FBL 100 is a HH one, in that case you are back at square one.

I say this because on my Wk-2801 I have ATS MIX (revomix) for the CP helos as a setting that could be used.

Some of the earlier Walkera models didn't had HH gyro.

Take this with a grain of salt anyway.
Last edited by blackmoon; Jan 10, 2013 at 02:17 AM.
Jan 10, 2013, 04:17 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
HiSKY released a "new" version of the "linear servo board" (I hope I got that right) in July 2012:

http://5imx.3vwed.com/bbs/forum.php?...ead&tid=658683

I'm not exactly sure what is so special about this new version, and did our V922 came with the new version. Can anyone shed some light on this? If our V922 does not have this new version board, should we get them?
Jan 10, 2013, 09:09 AM

If your transmitter does not bind...

Perhaps the throttle stick is not calibrated correctly. Check out MyRCMart's V922 transmitter calibration video:

WL Toys V922 Radio Calibration Issue & Fix - MyRcMart.com (2 min 32 sec)

Jan 10, 2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon
As this system is not like a walkera or other manufacturer, i.e. others FBL systems must not use CCPM mixing on the transmitter side as the Hisky does.

Since CCPM mixing is used, maybe playing with the revo mix between main and tail motor could do the trick for the drift.

This doesn't apply if the gyro of the FBL 100 is a HH one, in that case you are back at square one.

I say this because on my Wk-2801 I have ATS MIX (revomix) for the CP helos as a setting that could be used.

Some of the earlier Walkera models didn't had HH gyro.

Take this with a grain of salt anyway.
Thanks blackmoon for the tip about revo mix. I'll take a look at it as soon as I get the chance.

Pedro
Jan 10, 2013, 04:07 PM
I would like to understand one think.
With HT8 HiSky module can't you set your preferred dual rate and expo? Or you can?
Can it bind V911 too?
Thanks.
Jan 10, 2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixFLYER
I would like to understand one think.
With HT8 HiSky module can't you set your preferred dual rate and expo? Or you can?
Can it bind V911 too?
Thanks.
Hi,

HT-8 is the module manufactured by Hisky to make compatible the Hisky protocol (named FHSS, the same used by WLToys in the V922) with "officially" Futaba, JR and Walkera transmitters. Some of us have successfully tried to get our Spektrum DX6i and Turnigy/Flysky 9x transmitter working with that module.

Once you get working the programmable transmitter with the HT-8 module you can tune throttle and pitch curves, D/R, Expo, and whatever you need to improve the performance and joy of your flights.

The really important thing that you need to set and you can't change is the type of swashplate that is fixed to 120C and the ccpm mixing in the transmitter that is needed for the fbl controller to work properly.

The protocol used by WLToys in the V911 is different. That is compatible with the Flysky/Turnigy 9x protocol.

Hope this helps to clarify your doubts.

Pedro
Jan 10, 2013, 10:02 PM
I've found the instructions for using HT8 with WFly 9-Channel transmitter:

http://5imx.3vwed.com/bbs/forum.php?...ead&tid=718900

I don't know what's the WFly transmitter about, or is it similar to 9X. But I thought the configs may be useful as a reference to get HT8 working on other transmitters.
Jan 11, 2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrojlucas
Hi,

HT-8 is the module manufactured by Hisky to make compatible the Hisky protocol (named FHSS, the same used by WLToys in the V922) with "officially" Futaba, JR and Walkera transmitters. Some of us have successfully tried to get our Spektrum DX6i and Turnigy/Flysky 9x transmitter working with that module.

Once you get working the programmable transmitter with the HT-8 module you can tune throttle and pitch curves, D/R, Expo, and whatever you need to improve the performance and joy of your flights.

The really important thing that you need to set and you can't change is the type of swashplate that is fixed to 120C and the ccpm mixing in the transmitter that is needed for the fbl controller to work properly.

The protocol used by WLToys in the V911 is different. That is compatible with the Flysky/Turnigy 9x protocol.

Hope this helps to clarify your doubts.

Pedro
Perfect. I don't understand why in the ht8 instructions are written pitch curve and other settings for futaba and jr radio. I thought you have to match those settings to use the module.
There is a list of the parts of v922 that does fit the mcpx?
Jan 11, 2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixFLYER
Perfect. I don't understand why in the ht8 instructions are written pitch curve and other settings for futaba and jr radio. I thought you have to match those settings to use the module.
There is a list of the parts of v922 that does fit the mcpx?
Here you can find some info
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1804818
Jan 12, 2013, 12:28 AM
Phantom 3
I guys can you pls help me out. I just replaced a new tail boom. The prolbem im having is when i power up.. The whole head moves to the right and helo blades hit the right. I dont know whats wrong.
Jan 12, 2013, 12:34 AM
Is the tail motor at the correct side? Is the tail blade facing the correct side?
Jan 12, 2013, 12:37 AM
Phantom 3
Yes they are. When going to half stick I can see the head tilt to the right.
Jan 12, 2013, 03:40 PM
Phantom 3
Yea, checked it now need another tail boom. Man I gotta get solid 2mm not v911 tail booms that are hollowed.