Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by Brner
AMA16634...Just Me
Discussion

Optic 6?

Was told by Horizon that you no longer make the Optic 6. Only the Optic 6 Sport. Just trying to verify if this is true or not.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Was told by Horizon that you no longer make the Optic 6. Only the Optic 6 Sport.
Just trying to verify if this is true or not.
Correct, the Optic 6 with removable module is no longer available
ex manufacturing facility in the Philippines.

Doubt it will return any time soon as there is little price difference with the Eclipse 7 Pro
which has additional features and on screen telemetry.
. Hitec Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro FAQ - Quick Setup and Additional Programming
. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:17 AM
Find More Posts by Brner
AMA16634...Just Me
Alan,

One more quick question and I'll get out of your hair. Can the Eclipse 7 Pro be used as a Master with my older FM Optic 6 as the slave without upgrading the Optic 6?

TIA,

Don
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:22 AM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Alan,
One more quick question and I'll get out of your hair. Can the Eclipse 7 Pro be used as a Master with my older FM Optic 6 as the slave without upgrading the Optic 6? TIA, Don
No problem at all except for a different cable as the Eclipse 7 Pro uses a stereo connection
rather than a 6 pin DIN plug. Please refer to
. Eclipse 7 Pro as Master, Buddy or Slave
See also
. Hitec Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up.
Which also covers Eclipse 7 Pro & other Hitec RCD transmitters,
note there are also schematics for DIY adapters added in post #5, #13 & #15.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links