Dec 22, 2012, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
New Product

High Gain 15dbi 1.2Ghz panel antena FCR 1200/15

We has successfully completed the development of a new generation of FPV antenna. This is the panel antenna FCR 1200/15. One of the famous Russian Research and Production Center has been developing this antenna for Russian FPV community. This company develops antennas for the UAV and military units. We have managed to interest the staff and they have developed 1.2Ghz antenna specially for FPV. Our community has set a task to make a compact antenna (like the "patch") with high gain and angles at least 40 degrees. They has presented us a prototype of the new panel antenna after the month of work, and then this preproduction model.

Video of "prototype" (test sample)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GuV2YatOuuU

This antenna consists of 4 elements (like patches) each of those has 3 levels. When the antenna's prototype has passed all tests and measurements, the new panel antenna was created.

Video of "FCR 1200/15"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZMGTKrCmJe4

Frequency 1160-1280MHz
Gain 14,7 dBi
Horizontal/Vertical Beam Width 40 degrees
Polarization Horizontal and Vertical
VSWR < 1.7
Weight 2kg
Dimensions: 40x40x2cm

One of the most important fact is that all of these parameters are not "theoretical" as indicated on the majority of goods. These measurements are real, and they were made on a special expensive hardware.

Sorry for my English. More information (and a bit of ground tests) you may found here: http://fpv-community.ru/topic/228-pa...5637#entry5637
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
Thread OP
Now the company is developing new prototypes:

High Gain Panel Antenna (5.8Ghz linear Polarization)
High Gain Patch Antenna (5.8Ghz circular Polarization)
... and new "on board" linear and circular polarization antennas (it will be something new, not the clover antenna)
Dec 23, 2012, 06:36 AM
5.8G and linear = failure
Focus on CP in high Ghz.
Dec 23, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thread OP
some people believe that diversity resolve issues with antenna polarization.
Dec 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
Not all people is happy to buy diversity and a second receiver.
And no, diversity does not cure MP interferences. A LP reflexion is still LP, and influence the direct beam, while a CP reflection become LP, and is rejected by receiver antenna.
The whole 5.8GHz FPV market switched now to CP, nothing to argue.

Also, there is still people who misunderstood the 3dB loss when you use CP with LP mixed. They believe that a whole CP solution has less 3 dB sensitivity than a LP solution, which is wrong.
Last edited by renatoa; Dec 23, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Dec 23, 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
while a CP reflection become LP, and is rejected by receiver antenna.
That's not how it works. A LP signal received by a CP antenna is only attenuated by -3dB
which wouldn't be all that useful.
When any Rf signal is reflected the polarity is reversed. RHCP signal becomes LHCP signal.
A decent CP antenna rejects the reverse polarity signal at -9dB or more, and really good ones
can average more than -20dB rejection.

I agree however that diversity is not a substitute for CP antennas on 5.8Ghz band. CP is
pretty much the only thing that makes 5.8Ghz usable at all.

ian
Dec 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
Engineer for Christ
Two questions for the OP:

1. Can you post a radiation plot? I'd like to see what the pattern of this looks like as I too have been laying with arrays (my OctoQuad is 17dbi).
2. What is the efficiency of your antenna?

-Alex
Dec 23, 2012, 11:02 PM
Engineer for Christ
@Renatoa and Ian - They can make the array CP pretty easily by rotating two of the elements and delaying them with the microstrip line. These are good suggestions, though and the designer should listen to your suggestions.

@OP - I can help you if you like. I do this for a living

-Alex
Dec 24, 2012, 07:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy
Two questions for the OP:
1. Can you post a radiation plot? I'd like to see what the pattern of this looks like as I too have been laying with arrays (my OctoQuad is 17dbi).
-Alex
The company has given very little information. We also asked for the development of the antenna to the gain in the range of 1160-1280 was the most flattened, so you can use any channel in this range effectively. Engineers were creating this antenna аnd provide only those parameters that we had requested. This is not the "Handmade" as 99,9% FPV antennas. All parameters (gain, etc.) have been tested on professional equipment (not Handmade SWR meter for $ 100)
The company gave us a standard set of information: angle antenna, antenna gain, SWR (more we do not ask).
Quote:
2. What is the efficiency of your antenna?
What is it "efficiency" parameter?. Bad with English. I do not see this parametr on any site: http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=20248
Quote:
- I can help you if you like. I do this for a living
Help with what?
Last edited by KIR2142; Dec 24, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Dec 24, 2012, 08:10 PM
Engineer for Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIR2142
The company has given very little information. We also asked for the development of the antenna to the gain in the range of 1160-1280 was the most flattened, so you can use any channel in this range effectively. Engineers were creating this antenna аnd provide only those parameters that we had requested. This is not the "Handmade" as 99,9% FPV antennas. All parameters (gain, etc.) have been tested on professional equipment (not Handmade SWR meter for $ 100)
The company gave us a standard set of information: angle antenna, antenna gain, SWR (more we do not ask).

What is it "efficiency" parameter?. Bad with English. I do not see this parametr on any site: http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=20248

Help with what?
Let me explain:

Gain or any other number for that matter is completely useless without a radiation plot. The radiation plot determines the flight area the antenna provides. A good design has very small or no side lobes and has a very powerful lobe out in the front. If you supplier can't give you a radiation plot, I wouldn't even consider buying it as this is a good way to know yu're being fed a load of garbage. This happens very often.

Efficiency is the volume of air the main lobe of the antenna utilizes divided by the largest possible volume of air.

For example, take the Crosshair. 10dbic, 98% efficiency and the radiation plots can be seen here: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=823

-Alex
Dec 25, 2012, 05:56 AM
He is a seller, no more bother if he didn't heard about you yet...

"Help with what?" lol...
Dec 25, 2012, 06:50 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
He is a seller, no more bother if he didn't heard about you yet...

"Help with what?" lol...
language barriers are not easy...help with what may mean..how can you help?
Design? test? marketing ?
I deal with a lot of people with different languages and I constantly look out for the meaning not the words
Dec 25, 2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIR2142
...What is it "efficiency" parameter?. Bad with English. I do not see this parametr on any site: http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=20248
Help with what?
(russian)
Кирилл, господин IBCrazy спрашивал о графике диаграммы направленности. Хотя вы и привели тут всем ссылку на обсуждение этой антенны на вашем сайте, но из-за языкового барьера, туда мало кто ходил. По этой причине не обнаружили там давно вами приведённого рисунка, с диаграммой направленности этой антенны.

(english)
To Cyrill, Mr. IBCrazy asked about the chart pattern. Though you told all the link to discussion of this antenna on your site, but because of a language barrier, there for certain who didn't go. For this reason they didn't find there, long ago you the given drawing, with the directional pattern of this antenna.

To IBCrazy, here that drawing which was asked by (radiation plot):

from: http://fpv-community.ru/topic/228-pa...5637#entry5637
Last edited by Kitdze; Dec 25, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
Dec 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
Engineer for Christ
^That is precisely what I meant. A radiation plot. This tells you everythng you need to know about an antenna and is the thing most commonly forgotten. The only thing missing is the legend, but knowing the max gain, it's close enough to guess. Not bad

-Alex
Dec 25, 2012, 12:15 PM
I wonder what the real world difference in reception is compared to my homemade IBC $10 Bi-quads.

Quick Reply