Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 08, 2013, 01:43 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman
1/100th of a penny of material probably would of saved me. I was getting too cocky with that upside down flip thing. Those MP props set up pretty high on the motor pin. Beware.

MO, you should sell those slices of capri straws 10 for a dollar or something. Easy money.

I do all the damage to my quads flying in my house. I almost wish I had carpet now.
Don't give him any crazy ideas, lazy dudes like myself might just go for that.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2013, 02:55 PM
Engineering.
John_Edward's Avatar
Could someone crack open one of the controllers and check if there is a separate transmitter board, and compare the layout of the main PCB to other WLtoys transmitters ? Preferably taking a few high res photos too.

I have a feeling that most of these radios use the same protocol to talk to these TX modules, and if we could get one of them to work with a 9X, we could get all of them.
I've had no luck yet, but I should get access to an oscilloscope later this week so I'm going to have a go with the Vitality H36 one.
Jan 08, 2013, 03:03 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Edward
Could someone crack open one of the controllers and check if there is a separate transmitter board, and compare the layout of the main PCB to other WLtoys transmitters ? Preferably taking a few high res photos too.

I have a feeling that most of these radios use the same protocol to talk to these TX modules, and if we could get one of them to work with a 9X, we could get all of them.
I've had no luck yet, but I should get access to an oscilloscope later this week so I'm going to have a go with the Vitality H36 one.
The H36 we know already is 9x compatible, it's the v202 that isn't.
Jan 08, 2013, 03:10 PM
Engineering.
John_Edward's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
The H36 we know already is 9x compatible, it's the v202 that isn't.
I know.
But if I get the TX module from the H36 radio (which I own) to work with my 9X, then I should get any other module to work as well.
Jan 08, 2013, 04:06 PM
Registered User
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman
I did push the bottom back up. Still doesn't work.

I just looked and I don't think MO sells complete motor arms. Oh noesssss. Soldering.
Unfortunately the only thing the motor plugs are good for on the V939\V202 are for replacing the RX board. You have to solder to swap out the motors due to the thin channel for the wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman
1/100th of a penny of material probably would of saved me. I was getting too cocky with that upside down flip thing. Those MP props set up pretty high on the motor pin. Beware.

MO, you should sell those slices of capri straws 10 for a dollar or something. Easy money.

I do all the damage to my quads flying in my house. I almost wish I had carpet now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
Don't give him any crazy ideas, lazy dudes like myself might just go for that.
http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...ard-stock.html
Jan 08, 2013, 04:13 PM
Registered User
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Edward
I know.
But if I get the TX module from the H36 radio (which I own) to work with my 9X, then I should get any other module to work as well.
Left is V202, Right (background) is V939 and the H36 uses the exact same TX module:

Jan 08, 2013, 04:20 PM
Trees are bad
Stevez1kart's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Now that's funny! BTW for that price you need to cut them up for me.
Jan 08, 2013, 04:50 PM
Engineering.
John_Edward's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Left is V202, Right (background) is V939 and the H36 uses the exact same TX module:

I see that the 4 first pins are 3.3V, SI, SCLN and SO, but what after that ?
Are the 4 pins after that all GND, and then the last one is CSN ?
Jan 08, 2013, 05:12 PM
Registered User
I wonder if one of the motors on my U816 would work? I'd still want to order a replacement for the Udi though. That and some more MP props and those rubber feet for the X4.

I'll probably skip MO's prop guards. A bit pricey.
Jan 08, 2013, 05:19 PM
Registered User
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
Your UDI motor should work Variant. We'll hopefully have the rubber feet in on Friday.

I updated the original Prop Motor Guard post, but if you want to make a bunch of these and have consistent size:

Jan 08, 2013, 05:39 PM
Trees are bad
Stevez1kart's Avatar
I had to google Warts Gniknird, still laughing.
Jan 08, 2013, 06:03 PM
Registered User
MO, where's the best place to cut the wires to the old motor? It looks like it will be a pain fitting in soldered wires near the bottom with that cap.

I'm going to have to invest in a good Magnifying lamp. My eyes aren't what they used to be and my house lighting is terrible.
Jan 08, 2013, 06:49 PM
Registered User
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman
MO, where's the best place to cut the wires to the old motor? It looks like it will be a pain fitting in soldered wires near the bottom with that cap.

I'm going to have to invest in a good Magnifying lamp. My eyes aren't what they used to be and my house lighting is terrible.
Hey bud,

You'll see that they soldered on the plugs to the end of the motor leads, which is covered by heat shrink. Peel the heat shrink back and cut at the solder joint.

Don't pull the old motor wires out. Cut them at the can and use one of the old wires to pull the two new motor leads through (may have to initially solder the ends as tape will take up too much space). Once they're through the boom, solder back on the motor plug.
Jan 08, 2013, 06:56 PM
Registered User
Ok, thanks. I'll try it tomorrow when a get a mag lite. Seems like it's a must for this hobby.
Jan 08, 2013, 07:36 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
V,
Yep. Soldering requirements at "this life's stage": Bright light. Higher power readers. Magnifying lens hood. Magnifying jewelers glasses.

And also a good night's sleep and no morning coffee
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index


Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman
Ok, thanks. I'll try it tomorrow when a get a mag lite. Seems like it's a must for this hobby.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion WL Toys V959/V202/ SH 6047 Scorpion dankar04 Mini Multirotor Drones 10 Apr 25, 2015 01:22 AM
Discussion Micro Quad V202 RTF for 26.68$ ratonxi Hot Online Deals 57 Jan 24, 2013 11:23 AM
Discussion WL Toys V202 "50% off" ??? stifa Mini Multirotor Drones 3 Dec 08, 2012 09:50 AM
Discussion V202, which canopy do you prefer? MassiveOverkill Mini Multirotor Drones 16 Dec 07, 2012 01:29 PM
Discussion Soodohobby 2.4G Mini 6 aixs Gyro Scorpion Quadcopter WL V202 Quadcopter MQ80 Multirotor Drone Talk 0 Nov 26, 2012 10:01 PM