Jan 04, 2013, 08:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila
I put some MP props on the V202 yesterday..... add a nano-tech and this is now my favorite Mini!

It hands off hovers and is butter smooth! Can't wait for the weather to warm up a little so I can take this beast outside!
This is what I suspect as well, the balance of the MP props help stability. You're using the Capri Sun straw or similar prop motor guard with the MP blades right?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2013, 04:07 AM
Nothing yet MO....Only about 4 batteries ran this way so far.

But I'll have to come up with something as I see nothing but the MP props on here from now on! Can't believe the difference it made!
Jan 05, 2013, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
I can confirm that you can get a hands-off hover with the Mini Pet props.
Jan 05, 2013, 12:20 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Bill and I will try and get one tommorrow. It's actually pretty easy, just throw all sticks to maximum deflection (full throttle, full pitch forwards or backwards, and full yaw left or right). If you want a nose-down funnel, pitch forwards. If you want a nose-up funnel, pitch backwards.
So I'm assuming with the 202 this needs to be done at 80% rates yes?
Also if this is possible with the 202 being 4 channels, shouldn't it be possible with say a 911?
Jan 05, 2013, 12:23 PM
I did some more testing with my V202. This thing is growing on me. I've been flying it without the scorpion canopy and that helps. But what's made the biggest difference is balancing my props. Wow. So much smoother. That also made my U816 more tame as well. I'll have to try the MP props on the V202. This thing really is a piece of futuristic technology.

By the way which batteries do you think will give the best flight time?
Jan 05, 2013, 01:59 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock
So I'm assuming with the 202 this needs to be done at 80% rates yes?
Also if this is possible with the 202 being 4 channels, shouldn't it be possible with say a 911?
Yes, at 80% with full stick. Funnels with the v911 are actually easier, especially nose in.
(Wait till the end of the vid.)

wl toys v911 practice compilation (3 min 8 sec)
Jan 05, 2013, 02:00 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Hey Mass... "Out for Delivery" ... Oh hell yes!

So there you have it guys, 2-1/2 days from Fl. to Ca. So if you're wanting to get in the air quick, and not looking for a lemon from the get-go, (Every model test flown) get your goodies from MassiveRC!

-Pat
Jan 05, 2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy
Hey Mass... "Out for Delivery" ... Oh hell yes!

So there you have it guys, 2-1/2 days from Fl. to Ca. So if you're wanting to get in the air quick, and not looking for a lemon from the get-go, (Every model test flown) get your goodies from MassiveRC!

-Pat
I concur.
Jan 05, 2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrashtestdummy
hey mass... "out for delivery" ... Oh hell yes! :d

so there you have it guys, 2-1/2 days from fl. To ca. So if you're wanting to get in the air quick, and not looking for a lemon from the get-go, (every model test flown) get your goodies from massiverc!

-pat
+1 :d
Jan 05, 2013, 04:39 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys, BD yes 80% rates and preferably less windy conditions but I pulled of a few today. I'll have to see the the camera got it.

Someone will have to time the MP vs the V202 batteries. I vote Jim do it
Jan 05, 2013, 09:48 PM
The Future Holds.......
Yup, shipped safe and sound, Massive does it again. Put two battery through with a yellow beetle canopy and its like the sports car compared to the v929. Thanks for removing the battery clips ill never know there was a problem! Way to go taking on the U.S. warehouse and Q.C. roll for all of us it bring real piece of mind. So who's going to put together the V202 Modes and upgrades thread?
Jan 06, 2013, 08:30 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
Yes, at 80% with full stick. Funnels with the v911 are actually easier, especially nose in.
(Wait till the end of the vid.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf5adksd8MU
Nice...thanks Stone that was coool...I'll be tryin that as soon as soon as my better half is awake and I can make noise again.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:01 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman
I concur.
checked out the sight I will be acustomer when i need stuff.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Please see update guys:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=496
Jan 06, 2013, 10:15 AM
kiwi power!
I was a little skeptical on MO's comment of the MP props making that much of a difference to the flight characteristics, but I am here to double check his findings and man, it really calms the 202 down indoors. Now I really think the 202 will give the X4 a run for its money!

I've sent feedback to WLToys and Mr. Tsai (Cai), the owner of the company, said he's going to buy some to try them out tomorrow. We also talked extensively about the upcoming plans WLToys has for 2013...and although I cannot tell you guys what they are specifically,I can say that I'm certainly going to save up for a few of them :P

It's going to be an exciting year!

Quick Reply