Jan 04, 2013, 08:49 PM

Addendum to my previous post

I'm probably missing some crucial file or something. The JIT Debugger seems to think there is a problem initializing an icon. For what its worth, here's what it says:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException was unhandled
Message=Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source=mscorlib
StackTrace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._SerializationInvoke(IR untimeMethodInfo method, Object target, SignatureStruct& declaringTypeSig, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.Complet eISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSp ecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixup s()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.Obj ectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.Bin aryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.DeserializeObject( Int32 typeIndex)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader._LoadObjectV2(Int3 2 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObjectV2(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObject(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(Stri ng key, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean isString)
at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(Stri ng key, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean wrapUnmanagedMemStream)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name)
at MultiWiiWinGUI.mainGUI.InitializeComponent()
at MultiWiiWinGUI.mainGUI..ctor()
at MultiWiiWinGUI.Program.Main()
InnerException: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Message=The parameter is incorrect
Source=System.Drawing
ErrorCode=-2147467259
NativeErrorCode=87
StackTrace:
at System.Drawing.Icon.Initialize(Int32 width, Int32 height)
at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
InnerException:

I hope this is useful.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2013, 10:52 AM
Yep, Naza-controlled Tricopter
I just found this and want to say THANKS for your splendid contribution!
Jan 14, 2013, 03:57 PM
Can someone show me where I can set my min and max throttle individually? I can change the entire range on my throttle trim, but not the start and end values. I can see them, but not change them in the minigui
Jan 15, 2013, 04:48 AM
You change that in the code before you upload, config .h

#define MINTHROTTLE 1150 // (*)

/**************************** Motor maxthrottle *******************************/
/* this is the maximum value for the ESCs at full power, this value can be increased up to 2000 */
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1850
Jan 15, 2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports
You change that in the code before you upload, config .h

#define MINTHROTTLE 1150 // (*)

/**************************** Motor maxthrottle *******************************/
/* this is the maximum value for the ESCs at full power, this value can be increased up to 2000 */
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1850
Thanks.....
Jan 25, 2013, 02:30 PM
Thread OP
OK guys. Ive been a little absent from this for a few, but Ive tried to find solutions for it not running on some machines, and I just cant find the issue. Every machine I have tried it on personally, at least 10-15, it has ran flawlessly on.

Tango, I will see about that icon error as well.

I have some new features I have implemented. I just need to test them fully, and I will upload new binaries and sources.
Jan 25, 2013, 02:52 PM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA
OK guys. Ive been a little absent from this for a few, but Ive tried to find solutions for it not running on some machines, and I just cant find the issue. Every machine I have tried it on personally, at least 10-15, it has ran flawlessly on.

Tango, I will see about that icon error as well.

I have some new features I have implemented. I just need to test them fully, and I will upload new binaries and sources.
The first version you provided ran without a problem except for the radio/stick function enumeration when using a dev fw.

If I recall correctly this was a stripped EOSbandi version. Both are running fine on all my machines.
So the problem needs to be somewhere between your first and second version.
Maybe you stripped too much and threw something overboard that wasn't just ballast?
Jan 25, 2013, 03:11 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
Can't wait to see the new version. Any work on a HUD?
Jan 26, 2013, 12:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
The first version you provided ran without a problem except for the radio/stick function enumeration when using a dev fw.

If I recall correctly this was a stripped EOSbandi version. Both are running fine on all my machines.
So the problem needs to be somewhere between your first and second version.
Maybe you stripped too much and threw something overboard that wasn't just ballast?
I have considered that, but I dont think so. I have went over it again and again, and cant find anything wrong. I honestly think its just a missing prerequisite on some machines, but I do not know what that is without attaching a full blown debugger to the app that will sen me logs, and I dont want to do that to people!!!

As far as dev versions. It is only intended to function with releases.
Jan 26, 2013, 12:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd
Can't wait to see the new version. Any work on a HUD?
I did some work on a HUD, but it will not be in the next release.

I think you will really like the HUD. It runs in a separate window, for full screen video with HUD overlay. It will be configureable to display whatever data you want that the MultiWii provides. It will essentially function like an OSD, but entirely on the PC side, with help of a data downlink of course!! Still a lot of work to do though!!
Jan 26, 2013, 12:39 AM
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
I did some work on a HUD, but it will not be in the next release.

I think you will really like the HUD. It runs in a separate window, for full screen video with HUD overlay. It will be configureable to display whatever data you want that the MultiWii provides. It will essentially function like an OSD, but entirely on the PC side, with help of a data downlink of course!! Still a lot of work to do though!!
sounds like it.

Is there any chance of making a simple GUI that will run on Win2K?? I know the original MultiWiiWinGUI will not run in Win2K because of the .net framework. I have this old laptop that refuses to run XP, but win2k fly's on it. I would love to take this to the field and tune my quad with it, rather than my expensive i7.
Jan 26, 2013, 03:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
sounds like it.

Is there any chance of making a simple GUI that will run on Win2K?? I know the original MultiWiiWinGUI will not run in Win2K because of the .net framework. I have this old laptop that refuses to run XP, but win2k fly's on it. I would love to take this to the field and tune my quad with it, rather than my expensive i7.
Your best bet for field tuning would be to find a cheap used Android phone (if you dont already have one), and a cheap BT adaptor.
Jan 26, 2013, 03:56 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
Your best bet for field tuning would be to find a cheap used Android phone (if you dont already have one), and a cheap BT adaptor.
Yeah i have plenty of android devices... but i got the 3DR telemetry instead of the BT.

I take it there's no chance of Win2K huh?
Jan 26, 2013, 08:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yeah i have plenty of android devices... but i got the 3DR telemetry instead of the BT.

I take it there's no chance of Win2K huh?
No, I have no Win2K machines to test on anyway.

You can get a BT module for $7.
Jan 26, 2013, 09:02 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
Quote:
attaching a full blown debugger to the app that will sen me logs, and I dont want to do that to people!!!
I think a number of us would be willing to run a debugger version in order to help you track the issue.

-K

Quick Reply