Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Mission planner!!

Dion
Quite possibly!!
Dec 27, 2012, 01:53 PM

it has a virus on it......

KK,

MY WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 bit OS plus MS Security Essentials sensed tht your zip file has a virus on it and is always deleted by my download process.......

FYI....
Dec 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
KK,

MY WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 bit OS plus MS Security Essentials sensed tht your zip file has a virus on it and is always deleted by my download process.......

FYI....
Dec 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Quite possibly!!
Oh now you're talking!!!
Dec 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbfermin View Post
KK,

FYI....
Maybe you should use something less "essential" for your security.
If there was a virus my AV softwares would have barked at it.

A pity I don't get it running...
I have tried it with different language settings, decimal settings, changed the XML encoding back to UTF-8, UTF-16 - but it's still crashing instantly.

Not a big deal, I can wait...
Dec 27, 2012, 03:57 PM
---
Dec 27, 2012, 04:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Maybe you should use something less "essential" for your security.
If there was a virus my AV softwares would have barked at it.

A pity I don't get it running...
I have tried it with different language settings, decimal settings, changed the XML encoding back to UTF-8, UTF-16 - but it's still crashing instantly.

Not a big deal, I can wait...

Hmmm, that is strange.

So you re-built in VS2010? I guess it didn't have any build errors if you got a binary out. Try running a debug session in VS and see what you get.
Dec 27, 2012, 10:37 PM
kad
kad
Quad Crasher
Can't seem to get it to run here either.

Windows XP SP3, 32 Bit.

Since it pops this error before even putting up a screen, I can't say what version it is, but I downloaded it from the 1st post on the 26th at ~10:30 PM Eastern US.

-K
Dec 28, 2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
Can't seem to get it to run here either.

Windows XP SP3, 32 Bit.

Since it pops this error before even putting up a screen, I can't say what version it is, but I downloaded it from the 1st post on the 26th at ~10:30 PM Eastern US.

-K
I'm using the same Windows version and I'm having the same problem.
Dec 31, 2012, 11:10 AM
Win 7 32bit want to connect with bluetooth and program freezes.
Dec 31, 2012, 03:24 PM
win7 pro 32 bit working fine here (usb2serial)
Jan 01, 2013, 08:19 PM
The binary crashes on two of my WinXP laptops, no explanation, both have clean .NET 4 installations. I downloaded the latest source and, upon attempting to build it, noticed that the application's icon was an irreducible source of trouble, preventing building.

So I commented out the "this.Icon = ...: line in MainGUI.Designer.cs and deleted the icon in mainGUI.resx, and was able to build a usable executable. I have no idea why WinXP would prevent execution as a result of an unacceptable icon. Whatever. This is one workaround if you have Visual Studio.
Jan 03, 2013, 09:39 AM
The SimpleGUI app does seem to be a step in the right direction, and I appreciate the time taken to create it.

There is a bug, I think, which has been carried over from the MultiWiiWinGUI app, which is to presuppose the enumeration of the "activate" checkboxes through the use of the "optionsconfig__.xml" file. The enumeration in any MultiWii binary is highly dependent on the options defined when compiled under Arduino, and the only proper way to learn these is to interrogate the MultiWii, asking for the box names and their enumeration, and matching these names with their corresponding function.

If you look at the original Processing code for MultiWiiConf, you can see this actually being done prior to the UI checkboxes being labeled and rendered in the GUI. This is NOT done in MultiWiiWinGUI, almost guaranteeing a failed configuration for the desired AUX input behavior.
Last edited by KerwoodDerby; Jan 03, 2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: mistype
Jan 04, 2013, 08:05 PM

unhandled NET Framework exception on launch

I'm having a problem launching the app. When I double click the MultiWiiGUI.exe icon, I get a Visual Studio Just in Time Debugger window and a message that says "An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurred in MultiWiiGUI.exe[552]."

I have freshly installed .NET4 and the Visual Studio 10 shell. I am running XP SP3 on a Dell 4600 Desktop.

I just downloaded the smaller, most recent zip, (not the source) and extracted it.
I can mess with the Visual Studio debugger if that info would be of help.

Btw, thanks for the good work.

Quick Reply