Dec 19, 2012, 10:54 PM
Thread OP
Download

MultiWii SimpleGUI --- A new Windows GUI

Here is a new Windows native GUI for Multiwii that I developed the past few days based on WinGUI by EosBANDI.

EosBandi's build was OK, but bloated for most users and was a bit sluggish. Most users wont be needing the video capture, or even the GPS maps. The Java/Processing based original MultiWii config tool is OK, but it is not very reliable, and has more than a fair share of compatibility bugs.

So, I redesigned it to be a small, fast, useful, reliable Windows native tool, without the unnecessary bloat. That way you can just get your darn multi configured and set up, and get flying without having to worry about slow, or unreliable software causing you headaches.

It is a WIP, but is fully functional and I'm fairly happy with it as it is.

It is portable, no installation required. You will need .NET 4.0 installed. Most PC's will already have .NET 4 installed.

Please let me know of any issues.
Last edited by KKUSA; Dec 25, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2012, 11:38 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
I will have to try this...!
Nice work
Dec 20, 2012, 12:28 AM
just connected my mega 2560 board with it, sensors, parameters showing up ok, very nice, thanks.
Dec 20, 2012, 12:40 AM
It's really good. Especially in MAG direction.
Dec 20, 2012, 02:38 AM
OS Sponsor
Good job, KKUSA!

Nice to see you supporting the "right" team now.
Unlike the grabbits, the MWC developers are very open minded, helpful and friendly - so your efforts will have a future.

The second pic you attached looks like the same bug as in EosBandi's WinGUI 2.1 when using the dev. firmware instead of the v2.1 release: several options are activated without making any sense. In Eos' version you can deactivate them but once saved they are back again. Fortunately they are only displayed but not really active since this would give you a lot of trouble. But it's still pretty confusing...

I contacted EosBandi months ago on that matter but never got a response.
So it's nice to see someone grabbing the torch and carrying it on.

btw: I find the GPS map very helpful to see if the position readings are accurate.
Will it find its way back into the GUI later? I hope so.

Thx for your good work,
Norbert
Dec 20, 2012, 03:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
Good job, KKUSA!

Nice to see you supporting the "right" team now.
Unlike the grabbits, the MWC developers are very open minded, helpful and friendly - so your efforts will have a future.

The second pic you attached looks like the same bug as in EosBandi's WinGUI 2.1 when using the dev. firmware instead of the v2.1 release: several options are activated without making any sense. In Eos' version you can deactivate them but once saved they are back again. Fortunately they are only displayed but not really active since this would give you a lot of trouble. But it's still pretty confusing...

I contacted EosBandi months ago on that matter but never got a response.
So it's nice to see someone grabbing the torch and carrying it on.

btw: I find the GPS map very helpful to see if the position readings are accurate.
Will it find its way back into the GUI later? I hope so.

Thx for your good work,
Norbert
Ive always supported MW, I just had a Rabbit and needed better software. I no longer support nor use the Rabbit.

The problem with the multiple boxes being checked is because Im running dev_R1240 on the hardware. It doesnt display like that with official release 2.1. At least for me it doesnt. I just had it like that to get it working properly on dev_R1240.

I will eventually get GPS back in, however it will not be using the GMAPS library like the original EosBandi version, or my version of the Rabbit config. GMAPS is very bloated and sluggish. I will at least add lat/lon display very soon, without the maps.
Dec 20, 2012, 04:05 AM
subscribed
Dec 20, 2012, 10:32 AM
Suspended Account
downloading now TY
Dec 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
Suspended Account
Very nice work. Are you going to make the source available as well?

PS - Make the form non resizable :-)
Dec 20, 2012, 12:29 PM
thank you,Marty
Dec 20, 2012, 01:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
Very nice work. Are you going to make the source available as well?

PS - Make the form non resizable :-)
Ooops, I thought it was non resizeable!!

Yes, the source will be available soon.
Dec 20, 2012, 07:25 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Now it's heading in a good direction.
Good work there!!!
Dec 20, 2012, 08:36 PM
Thread OP
Update posted in OP. Mainly graphical changes.
Dec 21, 2012, 04:14 AM
:)
Thanks KK!

This seems very streamlined and fast.

I just tried the basics and it all worked perfectly.

Thanks again!
Dec 21, 2012, 04:55 AM
Subscribed!

Quick Reply