Dec 27, 2012, 07:24 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo
copterX do have new firmware for the 3x1000, the new one any better?

http://www.ky-model.com/support.html

Look under software. if there are still issue please let me know and I will talk to their engineer. BTW: one thing you can try is turn down the gain slightly as the gain set too high will cause the heli to shake. And remember to follow the recommanded servo horn lenght.
Hey!!! Didn't anyone catch that post from ehirobo? NEW firmware for the 3x1000!! OH WAIT.. version 1.0 ???

ehirobo has great customer service, and I've never had a problem with them, but KY model dropped the ball. I'll pass on KY model electronics. Copterx servos and esc's were really bad, the 3x1000 was ok if you didn't run into problems. I have 3 of them and 2 were ok. One had issues, but I never really proved it was the gyro, could have been other issues on that heli.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2012, 12:49 AM
new kid on the block
Just got my package from ehirobo today! all i can say is wow on the shipping speed! about 10 days from the date it left to get to my door? thats some super fast shipping from flippin hong kong!

i set up my 250se in less than 4 hours today, (didn't locktite everything yet, i always wait until i have it ready to fly) and all the electronics on for a power up... everything worked flawlessly! i just followed the instructions provided by ehirobo about where to plug wires into and presto! when i turned it on everything moved with the right sticks and the gyro seemed to be doing its job nicely! i haven't done any work with the gyro yet, but i'll let you know how the computer set up goes tomorrow, only issue i can see so far is that the gyro doesn't quite know which ways up haha it moves the tail when i pitch the helicopter up and down. also the servos aren't returning to center when i let go of the sticks, this might be a fbl thing, i'm not sure, this is my first fbl heli that im setting up from scratch. my guess is something isn't set quite right.
Dec 30, 2012, 01:06 AM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Good to hear it shipped quickly. Once you tell the gyro how you have it mounted, the movement directions should work correctly. The slow return to center is normal for FBL.
Dec 30, 2012, 10:30 AM
new kid on the block
okay, so set up was going great on the computer, then i was trying to level my swash plate when all the sudden all the servos would zip up and down when i clicked on one of the arrows on the computer, i just had it dialed in and i was adding a few clicks here and there to get the swash level. now i have no control over the servos, they work, or at least they're getting power and holding, but i cant move any of my gyros. i can't go into set up mode with the gyro. but i can still bind to the receiver and control the motor if i plug it in, but i have no control over the servos or gyro, and the gyro doesn't move when i tilt it around either? anybody have any ideas? there's no support online for it and the manual doesn't offer any help... maybe this is one for ehirobo? the gyro just has a solid red light for status, and changes to blue if i move the throttle up.. and i cant get the gyro to connect to the computer programmer anymore...
Dec 30, 2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying
If you PM Samhobby you will get the VCTRC 3GX for $48 + DHL shipping cost, and get the gyro in 3-4 days depending on holidays.
I have seen these for sale on Aliexpress as a combo with a flybarless head for about $75. After reading up would prefer to buy from someone else. Who does Samhobby represent and where are they located. Thanks, Jim
Dec 30, 2012, 10:50 AM
new kid on the block
well i think i figured it out, i have control of servos again, i'll keep it updated as i go
Dec 30, 2012, 10:54 AM
Texas NewB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.michael.2468
well i think i figured it out, i have control of servos again, i'll keep it updated as i go
May help to say what you did to fix it.
Dec 30, 2012, 11:06 AM
new kid on the block
well i unplugged all the servos, ran them directly through the rx, then replaced them into the gyro. i don't think thats what did it, but its something i tried. now for plugging it into the computer you have to follow the setup sequence to the T. with the heli unpowered, plug in the usb connector to the computer to the gyro, then plug in the battery, wait for it to initalize, then turn on the tx, once thats bound up you have to hit "reset all data" and then "connect copterx" and then it reconnects.

now i'm through the point i was before and i'm having trouble getting the pitch to do what i want, the pitch isn't moving when i slide the throttle stick up and down...
Dec 30, 2012, 11:18 AM
What software are you using? Does it work with John_NZ's FBL software?
Dec 30, 2012, 11:20 AM
new kid on the block
ehh im just using the copterx v1.2 right now, seems to work alright.
Dec 30, 2012, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I notice that there isn't any software specifically for it on eHirobo, so I figured it might work with the existing 3x1000 software, in which case the John_NZ software might work too.

When using the John_NZ program, however, I've found the swash adjustment to be a bit hit and miss, and end up adjusting each servo individually. It's a shame, since using the "joystick" type controls on the right hand side is a lot quicker, since it will adjust all three cyclic servos in one click. sp00fman noted that same erratic behaviour in his setup guide posted as a sticky on the CX or ZYX thread.

Sometimes, I've just had to disconnect the gyro, shut down the program and then re-connect. Can't say I've used the CX software much, I never liked the look of it and it didn't display properly on my pc, with some text overlapping and so on.
Dec 30, 2012, 12:10 PM
new kid on the block
okay, so i've been playing with this for awhile now, and i can move the collective channel around and get it on every channel except the throttle... if i put it into 120 degree mode and have the mixing on, it sorta works, but not well, and its suppose to be in 1 servo 90 degree mode for this gyro... anyone using spektrum receivers and have the cx-3x1000? i'm not sure if i have the wiring wrong or what... but the gyro is doing everything except mixing the collective change into the swash servos

never mind, i went through set up again and changed my pitch curve and it worked
Last edited by mr.michael.2468; Dec 30, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Dec 30, 2012, 02:04 PM
Just get it flying! We need to know how it works out!
Dec 30, 2012, 02:10 PM
new kid on the block
haha well i just did my first power up!! everything looked great except for the what i think is the blades being really poorly balanced, i'm gona try to balance them quick and give it another go.

at low power, the rotor just rocked back and forth really bad, like if i didn't have it held down by weights it probably would've tipped over, at medium speed it was stable, and then when i powered it up to higher head speed (like 60-70%) it started to kinda oscillate as the gyro was trying to correct for the wobble on the head.

the swash has zero play, the blade grips are very precise, the only thing i can attribute it to is either the gyro not being quite right yet, or the blades are just really bad (i'm using the stock plastic ones at the moment)

and i'll put some pictures up for you guys, cuz i know you're dying to see my sexy 250 fbl with the 2000 gyro on it
Dec 30, 2012, 02:42 PM
new kid on the block
here are some pics and a video i took of my little test rig... i may have gotten a bad rotor head because the blades are pretty well balanced after testing them. i can't make any adjustment to the rotor blocks, maybe i'm going to try a different shaft.

copterx 250se fbl with cx-3x2000 gyro (2 min 21 sec)
Last edited by mr.michael.2468; Dec 30, 2012 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply