Dec 18, 2012, 11:59 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Thread OP
Discussion

WL Toys v913

Looks like our friends at WL Toys are trying to get in on our beloved F45 action.

WL v913:

[http://www.irctoy.com/RC-toys/RC-hel...opter-RTF.html

regards . . . g
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2012, 02:22 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Is it the V912 but with a different color scheme?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1766554
Dec 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
Is it the V912 but with a different color scheme?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1766554
v912:
50cm = 20" so will be actual ~15"
7.4v-850mah

v913:
70 cm = 27" so will be actual ~21" (F45 size)
7.4v-1500mah

Looks like they share the same tx.

regards . . . g
Dec 19, 2012, 03:55 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
This one has been on the benma website for a while:

http://www.benmahobby.com/productsho...pst=1001001001

No thanks.
Dec 19, 2012, 05:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
This one has been on the benma website for a while:

http://www.benmahobby.com/productsho...pst=1001001001

No thanks.
Are you basing that on your experience with the F47 or is there something in the video that concerns you, or just something else?

regards . . . g
Dec 19, 2012, 06:31 PM
Are you referring to my no thanks? I'm basing that on my experience with the F45. The F47 is fine; that kind of head design was made specifically to tame micros. It's the bigger ones i have issues with; i mean, everyone his pair of shoes, but personally i wasn't so impressed. This stuff handles like a flying semi, which is good if that is your first helicopter, not so much if you expect reactions to your commands. But I'm digressing here, before making comments we should probably wait for a review of an early adopter.
P.S.: I'm not hating on Benma, WLToys nor MJX. After the F45 i've got myself an X200 and an F47, and i'm following closely the release of the F48. In fact i like the building quality of mjx stuff.
Dec 19, 2012, 07:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Are you referring to my no thanks? I'm basing that on my experience with the F45. The F47 is fine; that kind of head design was made specifically to tame micros. It's the bigger ones i have issues with; i mean, everyone his pair of shoes, but personally i wasn't so impressed. This stuff handles like a flying semi, which is good if that is your first helicopter, not so much if you expect reactions to your commands. But I'm digressing here, before making comments we should probably wait for a review of an early adopter.
P.S.: I'm not hating on Benma, WLToys nor MJX. After the F45 i've got myself an X200 and an F47, and i'm following closely the release of the F48. In fact i like the building quality of mjx stuff.
I understand. I find the F45 a lot of fun in a large field and its durability is excellent. Yes it handles like a bus, though.

My x200 is simply wacky. I am disappointed in this one. Something is just not right in the software. Makes it very difficult to fly indoors compared to my v929. The x100, however, is a fantastic flyer.

One thing I notice about the v913 is that the piros and rudder turns appear to be much more stable. That's what caught my attention.

regards . . . g
Dec 20, 2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo
I understand. I find the F45 a lot of fun in a large field and its durability is excellent. Yes it handles like a bus, though.

My x200 is simply wacky. I am disappointed in this one. Something is just not right in the software. Makes it very difficult to fly indoors compared to my v929. The x100, however, is a fantastic flyer.

One thing I notice about the v913 is that the piros and rudder turns appear to be much more stable. That's what caught my attention.

regards . . . g
Where is Moro info about this heli ?price?
Dec 20, 2012, 08:00 PM
Wow, WLToys finally got their act together and cloned a Hirobo Quark! I've been ranting about how I didn't like current 4Ch designs on the market, but just by looking at its similarity to the Quark impresses me (absolutely no sarcasm implied).

Side-by-side comparison (although the 913 is much bigger/longer):

Oh, don't worry you guys, WLToys is not the first to "borrow" design elements from the Quark... I'm pretty sure most of you already know what this is...

Last edited by gettinglucky; Dec 20, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Dec 21, 2012, 03:52 AM
But they didn't clone the most important part: the head design. They might look the same, but the philosophy behind is totally different. And in flight, it will show.
Dec 22, 2012, 08:02 AM
^ Of course they didn't clone the head. Just like, how the V911 doesn't use linear servos, but the Solo Pro 260a does. But, the V911 is a clone of the Solo Pro nonetheless!
Dec 22, 2012, 10:49 AM
Trying to fly

f47

Hey all got my first heli last week mjx f47 and after 2 packs and a little trimming the f47 hovers hands off.I was impressed but have nothing to compare it to being my first heli plus the first time I've used a 4 ch anything.Also with no wind outside it was great IMO.I had about 5 minor crashes with the first batt. pack mostly ceiling hits but after that I kinda got the hang of it.I did race rc cars 25 yrs. ago but that's it.Flying is a blast!I'll try and get vid up later.
Jan 11, 2013, 01:03 AM
So where can I purchase this v913?
Jan 20, 2013, 01:36 AM
X2 anymore info on this heli I was about to pull the plug on the wltoys v912
Jan 31, 2013, 12:45 AM
Just another where can these be bought? Lots of info but can't find a selling site anywhere that has these.

Quick Reply