Oct 05, 2016, 05:59 PM
Build more, websurf less
BlueMax,

Well done on the 190.

How do you power the whole setup? One good battery to the Nano, and then from the Nano to both X10s?

Just one connection to make then - nice.

The Nano manual says that Xtreme Mode 1 is output on all Nano ports - so your idea of plugging two X10s into the same Nano might work.

Good luck with the plane; they were bad news to Allied bombers.

Paul
Last edited by FlyingW; Oct 05, 2016 at 06:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2016, 06:04 PM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
I don't know if it was all that bright to leave the chrome windows in place, but they haven't been a problem with the XPS. There's still an exit hole in the fuse for another mfg antenna
Tom,

Many years ago I added Monokote chrome in the shape of a canopy to the top of my Kwik-Fli. It was right under the 72MHz antenna that was strung from just behind the front hatch to the top of the fin.

The next flight was full of glitches but I got her down ok. I removed the chrome piece and the glitches were gone. I suppose the Rx couldn't handle the reflections along roughly the same path as the antenna.

Since then I keep metallic stuff away from antennas as much as possible.

Be well,

Paul
Last edited by FlyingW; Oct 05, 2016 at 06:11 PM.
Oct 05, 2016, 07:07 PM
CRS and CDS Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
BlueMax,

Well done on the 190.

How do you power the whole setup? One good battery to the Nano, and then from the Nano to both X10s?

Just one connection to make then - nice.

The Nano manual says that Xtreme Mode 1 is output on all Nano ports - so your idea of plugging two X10s into the same Nano might work.

Good luck with the plane; they were bad news to Allied bombers.

Paul

thanks... The receiver battery is plugged into the battery port on the X10 via a No-No switch and the battery for the electronic ignition is plugged into port 10 via another No-No switch.

The Y harness comes off the Nano on port 3 with one end of the Y going to wire on the X10 in the fuse where both batteries are attached and the other wire from the Y harness goes to the wire on the X10 in the wing. When I attach the wire from the X10 in the wing to the Y harness I will put a clip on it to hold it together to keep if from coming apart in flight. So one wire to keep it simple when attaching the wing.

This picture is what the FW-190 looked like before the new paint job.
Oct 06, 2016, 06:39 PM
Build more, websurf less
BlueMax,

What is a No-No switch?

Thanks,

Paul
Oct 06, 2016, 06:52 PM
CRS and CDS Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
BlueMax,

What is a No-No switch?

Thanks,

Paul

A no-no switch meaning I did a bad thing by using switches as Jim says he does not like using them. So I was joking when I said that. The switches I use are the heavy duty ones from Electro Dynamics (EDI).
Oct 06, 2016, 11:26 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Yep, a no-no!
Feb 09, 2017, 08:38 AM
Build more, websurf less
This Nano went through the props of a small quadcopter in a crash. After the receiver was jettisoned the quad came to rest upside down on the ground with all four motors spinning at about 2/3 power! It is a good thing it was upside down or it would have thrashed around until it hit something else. I have to investigate what mistake(s) I made setting up the failsafe on the flight controller - I always want the motors to turn off if the aircraft finds itself without a receiver.

If I put heat shrink tubing over the exposed wires will it be serviceable?

Thanks,

Paul
Feb 09, 2017, 09:17 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Yes, shrink tubing works fine!
Feb 09, 2017, 06:32 PM
Build more, websurf less
Good as new.
Feb 10, 2017, 10:31 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Perfect!