Tuff-E-Nuff...MPF...VTO...Wing! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Wilfor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 17, 2012, 08:02 PM
RC Adddict
Build Log

Tuff-E-Nuff...MPF...VTO...Wing!

I sketched this up at work one day Name: IMG_4924.jpg
Views: 246
Size: 136.1 KB
Description: . I had a few things i wants it to be able to do as a combat wing , Vertical Take Off , Durable, protected prop , components hidden . I have 3 Emax cf2822 motors 8X4 prop and 20 amps esc's so i sized it to hopefully fit them at 36" . Battery will be 850-1000mah 3s . This is the first template and i'm making some changes as i go and will post sketchup plans when i finalize everything . Elevon control with a KFM4 wing , cog noted on pic . Winglets added to help possible grab streamers Name: IMG_4926.jpg
Views: 242
Size: 84.7 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_4923.jpg
Views: 190
Size: 163.1 KB
Description:
I usually fly alone near or beside my house but a few time a year a couple friends are in town and we usually fly when they are . I wanted something that we could combat and beat up that was a little larger then most the combat planes ive seen and with the 8x4 prop i hope a little slower . Name: IMG_4922.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 97.8 KB
Description:

Hopefully getting pics on here and something posted about it i'll get it maidened and a couple more ready as well , we'll see .
Name: IMG_4925.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 135.1 KB
Description: COG is set just over 1/2" in front of center step section .
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2012, 08:35 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Coolness! Let us know how it flies.
Dec 23, 2012, 06:10 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Should fly well! Congrats on an original looking design.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Dec 23, 2012, 11:52 PM
RC Adddict
Thanx Guys . Hopefully i can get time to hook up the elevons and get in a maiden . Its looking a little cold for the next few days though around -20 c so it may stay indoors for a while
Jan 06, 2013, 12:04 AM
RC Adddict
Got a quick Flight in and need to work on my plans some more . Found out fairly quickly that i grabbed the dead battery not the charged one

Tuff-E-Nuff (1 min 5 sec)
Jan 06, 2013, 07:17 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Congratulations Wilfor!

Looks to be a really smooth flyer. That cold winter air drains lipos fairly quick as well. I am interested in how well it handles high G manuevers. Some models like to stall through a tight loop and twist out of it.

Looking forward to your plans.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Jan 06, 2013, 11:52 AM
RC Adddict
Ken i was about to try some high G stuff but when i went full throttle the motor stopped . I was able to cut throttle and get it to re start but it quit again shortly after , I didnt think it felt that strong on take off and had way more lift when playing with the throttle in the basement . lol might get out today for a quick flight if i can
Jan 11, 2013, 06:09 PM
RC Adddict
Didnt get out flying on Sunday when my Wife was available to film . Was busy outside all day with the kids . I did try to strap my camera to my radio and get footage but missed most of it . Way more power with a charged battery

Tuff-E-Nuff Flight 2 (0 min 57 sec)

Sort of corkscrewed while looping until i added a little right stick . Found out once back on the ground that i was getting more up on the left side then right as my tape hinge is a little tight . I'll get that fixed up and try and get some actual footage . Plans are almost done and i cutout a 29" version that i want to try a BW and a 7" prop on .
Feb 17, 2016, 11:37 PM
Permanently Banned
Hello. I am interested in building one of these. Could you maybe help with the general parts cutting out? Thanks!
Feb 19, 2016, 01:48 PM
RC Adddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac96
Hello. I am interested in building one of these. Could you maybe help with the general parts cutting out? Thanks!
Hey thank you for the interest, I would love to see another 1 in the air. I have a thread for it here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1818870

There's plans there but I'm not positive which version.