Dec 31, 2012, 02:17 PM
wwd
wwd
Hello,
am planning on using this with my hornet osd. I see that it calls for a firmware update to 1.6.
When I looked at the files, it shows two bin files, one for attitude and the other for horizon. Do we load both of these, or one or the other? I so which one?
Thanks for Your Time,
Wwd
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2012, 02:24 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwd
Hello,
am planning on using this with my hornet osd. I see that it calls for a firmware update to 1.6.
When I looked at the files, it shows two bin files, one for attitude and the other for horizon. Do we load both of these, or one or the other? I so which one?
Thanks for Your Time,
Wwd
Only load 1.

1 is for traditional artificial horizon. i.e. it lines up with the earths horizon. I suspect most people will use this one.

The other one is a plane attitude, not sure what it is called officially and I haven't used it. But I suspect its the opposite to the artificial horizon as it probably follows the planes attitude in relation to the horizon.
Dec 31, 2012, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=hendrnk;23670804]Yes a long as you do away with Elevator & Throttle. [/QUOT

How is this going to work without throttle and elev? I'm not just looking for a stabilizer.
Dec 31, 2012, 03:52 PM
wwd
wwd
Hello Hendrk,
Many Thanks.
Wwd
Dec 31, 2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0
Can this be set up on 3 channels only and still have the rtl and loiter work?

Throttle, elev. rud.

Thanks
Yes you can
Rth works with only rudder and elevator
Trottle not needed but preffered
Dec 31, 2012, 03:57 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
[QUOTE=Bill0;23671329]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk
Yes a long as you do away with Elevator & Throttle. [/QUOT

How is this going to work without throttle and elev? I'm not just looking for a stabilizer.
It was a tongue & cheek comment. Anyway you better get a different receiver with more channels to utilize the functions you are after.
Dec 31, 2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaps_r
Thanks for your reply.
That is what I wanted to hear. I don't like that rth will not work if plane is not level, if gyro drifted, ... and i have to worry about that. I would really like to have cofee when enabling RTH

And I didn't want to read storms thread to end to see that it has thesame problems discussed in beginning of thread.
If you read the last 18 post in the tread from this week you will know enought about the storm
Another customer with freezing osd, watch his movie
Maybe next version
Last edited by wippo76; Jan 01, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
Dec 31, 2012, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=hendrnk;23671711]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0

It was a tongue & cheek comment. Anyway you better get a different receiver with more channels to utilize the functions you are after.

Thanks, I'm a little slow, a person gets that way when they get as old as me. I usually test most of my new stuff on a three channel plane, that's why I was asking about just three channels. Maybe I need to get a four channel test plane.

Thanks again
Jan 01, 2013, 01:54 AM
Dont forget to change the settings in the fy-dos
For 3ch
Jan 02, 2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Would be good to see DOS in action in crazy situations.
Maybe you could test level flight after a lot of loops to see if it does drift.

I am reading Cyclops Storm OSD thread and see that it has some problems with drift but I have not read all thread. Maybe you can tell what you are thinking about Storm vs DOS. I saw few post from you in Storms thread and think maybe you can compare them.
is this good enough for you?

Final FY-DOS test RTH saves plane from dive or loop (5 min 43 sec)
Jan 02, 2013, 12:28 PM

FY Dos Setup question

I have a question. In the setup, it gives the choice of aileron setup or aileron with rudder. Can I assume for a 4 channel setup you would use the aileron with rudder setup? Is there a such thing as ailerons without rudder?

I just had a second thought about about my question. The rudder is for 3d flying???????
Jan 02, 2013, 12:44 PM
FPV 23Km
Quote:
Originally Posted by wippo76

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSDcknhkWoU
Hi!
in this video the throttle management was made ​​by DOS?

thanks
Jan 02, 2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wippo76

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSDcknhkWoU
Thank you for your great test videos. They are good.
Have to look in my wallet, I hope I will soon order DOS.

Anyone ordered from AliExpress? It says free shipping with DHL! Is it possible?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-p...709223942.html

P.S. Waiting for long range test with RTH on your Skywalker
Jan 02, 2013, 01:59 PM
krasimir
Hi,
you can see here

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/fy-dos-in...-airplane.html

I bought it from them

Krasimir

Quote:

Anyone ordered from AliExpress? It says free shipping with DHL! Is it possible?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-p...709223942.html

P.S. Waiting for long range test with RTH on your Skywalker
Jan 02, 2013, 02:10 PM
Thread OP

DOS in X5

I am ready to go... but need time.. time time time....

is anyone using the data connection on the DOS yet? mine seems to be only sending short pulses at about 1hz.

Steve

Quick Reply