Jan 18, 2013, 02:02 PM
Thread OP
I ordered two more DOS for multi rotor testing...

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2013, 02:42 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Has anyone installed the DOS system upside down. Any issues to worry about except making sure the controls are set correctly.?
Jan 20, 2013, 10:19 AM
There is no reason for mounting upsite down
Why would you do that?
Jan 20, 2013, 12:23 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by wippo76
There is no reason for mounting upsite down
Why would you do that?
Depending on the plane it might be easier to mount upside down so you can still see the flashing light.

Anyway I found a way to mount it as designed.
Jan 20, 2013, 03:12 PM
Ok .that way
But I think it should be working
As long as you reverse the gyroos
Jan 21, 2013, 07:35 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk
it might be easier to mount upside down
I don't think the DOS software has any 'setting' for installing the module upside down.

BB
Jan 21, 2013, 09:35 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear
I don't think the DOS software has any 'setting' for installing the module upside down.

BB
Your right there is no setting. But other systems you just reverse the Pitch & Yaw settings to make it work correctly. As for DOS I haven't tried it. So not sure if the navigation side of things would be effected or not.
Jan 21, 2013, 03:46 PM
Rick
Quote:
Your right there is no setting. But other systems you just reverse the Pitch & Yaw settings to make it work correctly. As for DOS I haven't tried it. So not sure if the navigation side of things would be effected or not.
Reversing channels can fix the problem with respect to stabilization and attitude hold but if it thinks down is up, something unpleasant is likely to happen when self-level is activated
Jan 21, 2013, 04:01 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22
Reversing channels can fix the problem with respect to stabilization and attitude hold but if it thinks down is up, something unpleasant is likely to happen when self-level is activated
Not if it the DOS allows you to set the attitude when the unit is inverted. On the Guardian 2d/3d you can do it either way. So for fun with the Guardian I set the plane level with the plane inverted to practice inverted flying. Lot of fun...flick the switch for 2D mode and the plane jumps into an upside down position at any height. Scares everyone around including me.

Might try it later on the DOS and see if it works...
Jan 21, 2013, 05:17 PM
Rick
Yes, I have three Guardians but on the DOS someone named hendrnk said "Your right there is no setting."
Jan 21, 2013, 05:39 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22
Yes, I have three Guardians but on the DOS someone named hendrnk said "Your right there is no setting."
Hey that's me .

There is no S/W setting, even with the Guardian there is no S/W setting but it still can be set to work inverted. May be the DOS can be as well.

Unless I missing your meaning of your reply. If so I will drop out until I get a chance to try it.
Jan 21, 2013, 08:01 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
Quote:
There is no S/W setting, even with the Guardian there is no S/W setting but it still can be set to work inverted. May be the DOS can be as well.
There's a chance the auto stabilization will work even when installed inverted.
But the RTH may end up on the other side of the world. haha

BB
Jan 22, 2013, 01:32 PM
Are there already people who are flying with the fydos and has posted something on youtube?
Jan 22, 2013, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
I have flown DOS in some incredible winds...but sorry no video to prove it, I hope to get out and fly very soon.

Steve
Jan 22, 2013, 08:13 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wippo76
Are there already people who are flying with the fydos and has posted something on youtube?

That'd be you.

Quick Reply