Dec 16, 2012, 07:56 PM
AKA mr.squishy
Thread OP
Discussion

snap&fly airplane radio conversion

alright so I know this might sound silly but I want to add a Fr-sky diy module to the transmitter that comes with the snap&fly airplane system. My reasoning is that I could make a small and easily transportable transmitter with 6 channels. My only problem is that I don't know where (or even if it has) the ppm output is. Does anybody happen to know where this is or know of any similar mods?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2012, 03:02 PM
AKA mr.squishy
Thread OP
humpedy dump snump trump lump BUMP.
Jan 03, 2013, 05:37 PM
AKA mr.squishy
Thread OP
Bump
Jan 03, 2013, 10:38 PM
Inventor&Genius Extraordinary
No the snap&fly use a digital protocol SPI, no PPM, if you are savy electronic wise you can reprogram the AVR atmega8 inside the TX, you can input the TX FCC ID # at the FCC web site may be you can get a schematic and more info.
Best regards Tito
Jan 04, 2013, 12:17 AM
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...='W37CX960'
Jan 04, 2013, 03:43 PM
AKA mr.squishy
Thread OP
thanks sadsack, that just might help
Jan 05, 2013, 05:37 AM
Inventor&Genius Extraordinary
if you check the manual in page # 8 they mention an analog port:
description page # 9: (q) Control Signal Analog Output – not used in this product;
you can probe that port with a scope or multimeter for any PPM signal.
make sure you don't fry you tx.
best regards tito
Jan 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
AKA mr.squishy
Thread OP
yeah I was thinking that port might be an output but I don't have an o'scope. So I'll have to wait until I can bring it to a friend.
Jan 05, 2013, 02:14 PM
Think you may well have one! If your luck http://www.zeitnitz.de/Christian/scope_en
For your needs only need old/spare phone lead. Just need ground and signal wire will do this.

Looking for something vaguely looking like this

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwha...it?hl=en&pli=1 Help you get going. I've used without a voltage divider myself.
Last edited by SadSack; Jan 05, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Jan 05, 2013, 02:30 PM
AKA mr.squishy
Thread OP
interesting....... will look into it! Thanks!

Quick Reply