May 08, 2013, 07:49 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Hey guys. I need a motor for my skywalker, I am currently using the Bevrc motor with a 12x5.. I flies great, but the bearings are starting to make noice. So I am looking for a replacement motor. Any recomendations for a good quality motor with high efficiency?
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesativa
I have the SW 1900 2013 carbon boom version.

My plane dives with throttle and is very hard to gain altitude. I have to fight it all the way using alot of up elevator when trying to climb. When power off gliding it flies nice without diving or porpousing.

CG is 4.5" from LE
Batteries 2 x 5450 4s
Bevrc motor and 9x6 prop

I believe I need to adjust the thrust angle but I don't know if I need more up or down angle on the motor. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mike
CG needs to be 3.75" from LE or you will have to use a lot of up elevator.
May 08, 2013, 09:15 AM
Jake B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epedemi
Hey guys. I need a motor for my skywalker, I am currently using the Bevrc motor with a 12x5.. I flies great, but the bearings are starting to make noice. So I am looking for a replacement motor. Any recomendations for a good quality motor with high efficiency?
Try a T motor. The 2820 800kv. EpBuddy.com

Jake
May 08, 2013, 09:50 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCManiacPHCB13
Try a T motor. The 2820 800kv. EpBuddy.com

Jake
you mean the Sunnysky ?
SunnySky X2820 KV800 Brushless Motor .... That will work just fine for me... I have had good experiences with sunnysky!!

And thanks for the answer :-)
May 08, 2013, 09:52 AM
Jake B.
Yep that's the one!
May 08, 2013, 11:02 AM
Im the eye In the sky
SKywalker 2013 = No motor angle= 90 degree angle from carbon tail ?
Is this correct ? IF yes, why an angle on the fuselage?

Problem is, if motor mounted like the fuselage, then the motor " when giving throttle" will make the plane pitch downwards " nose down" I dont want that, I want it to fly straight! When giving trottle and with no throttle.
May 08, 2013, 11:18 AM
Mine also will pitch down under high throttle. I was going to put some washers on the bottom screws of the motor mount to fix it but never got around to it. Now I flip a switch to give a little up elevator for launch. I never fly WOT after launch so it hasn't bothered me enough to add the washers.
May 08, 2013, 11:28 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Bottom screws ????? I Would believe it should be the top screws to stop the pitching Down at throttle.
May 08, 2013, 11:43 AM
On a pusher, the back of the motor needs to point more up to help from the nose wanting to pitch down under throttle. Like in this pic

http://assets.flitetest.com/article_...9095491456.jpg
May 08, 2013, 11:47 AM
Jake B.
I just mixed throttle and elevator on a switch if I were to fly full throttle.
May 08, 2013, 11:54 AM
Jake B.
Hey guys I actually had a quick question about the SkyWalker build. I finished the tail sectio and I want to start on the fuse today.

I want to be able to disassemble the boom from the fuse. It looks like if I glued it togather I would need to loosen 6 screws to slip the boom out (3 top 3 bottom). The holes in the fuse only allow access to the top three.

Did any of you drill more holes that line up or am I looking at all of this wrong?

I was thinking of just lightly tightening the 3 bottom screws with Locktite to keep them from slipping and when I insert/remove the boom I can just adjust the top 3 screws trough the holes.

Please let me know your suggestions or what you did.

Thanks!
Jake
May 08, 2013, 11:59 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabster101
On a pusher, the back of the motor needs to point more up to help from the nose wanting to pitch down under throttle. Like in this pic

http://assets.flitetest.com/article_...9095491456.jpg
Fuk mé sideways. Sorry my bad!
May 08, 2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesativa
I have the SW 1900 2013 carbon boom version.

My plane dives with throttle and is very hard to gain altitude. I have to fight it all the way using alot of up elevator when trying to climb. When power off gliding it flies nice without diving or porpousing.

CG is 4.5" from LE
Batteries 2 x 5450 4s
Bevrc motor and 9x6 prop

I believe I need to adjust the thrust angle but I don't know if I need more up or down angle on the motor. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I have the same problem with my SW. I got it from BEV with no warped wings. I have flown it a lot of times but it always dive with a little throotle. I have tried adding washers in the upper and the lower holes of the motor with no result. Even adding 6 washers there was no change. My CG was first at 11cm from LE and it was correct because with throotle off it flew really well. Trying to correct diving problem I noticed horizontal stabilizer was not parallel with wings (5 degrees difference) so I correct it and I had to change CG too. Now it is 9.5 cm from LE and it is also correct but diving continues. I still have not tried taking off by hand lunching due to this problem but I dont know how to solve it!!! Until medium throotle it flies well but you have to correct continously with pitch, but If you pass midle throotle it is veri difficult to make the SW climb.

Can anyone suggest any idea?

Thanks
Last edited by Gavilanjf; May 08, 2013 at 06:29 PM.
May 08, 2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCManiacPHCB13
Hey guys I actually had a quick question about the SkyWalker build. I finished the tail sectio and I want to start on the fuse today.

I want to be able to disassemble the boom from the fuse. It looks like if I glued it togather I would need to loosen 6 screws to slip the boom out (3 top 3 bottom). The holes in the fuse only allow access to the top three.

Did any of you drill more holes that line up or am I looking at all of this wrong?

I was thinking of just lightly tightening the 3 bottom screws with Locktite to keep them from slipping and when I insert/remove the boom I can just adjust the top 3 screws trough the holes.

Please let me know your suggestions or what you did.

Thanks!
Jake
First off, when it come to FPV, you don't want to leave too many moving parts. I glued both ends of the carbon fiber rod into both fuselage and tail.

If you want to have the luxury of being able to remove the carbon fiber from the fuselage for a more compact storage, then all you need to loosen are the 3 screws. I wouldn't worry about the other side of the fuselage that doesn't have the holes lined up.

Also just remember, if you loose those screws, you're screwed also, no pun intended. That's why everyone usually just glue the carbon fiber rod at both ends.
May 09, 2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epedemi
you mean the Sunnysky ?
SunnySky X2820 KV800 Brushless Motor .... That will work just fine for me... I have had good experiences with sunnysky!!

And thanks for the answer :-)
We spec that motor in several planes. It's a good one. Or go with the 920kv for more speed.

If you want an even better motor, try the OS 3815 1000kv.

Quick Reply